On The Radio

What did Chick say today about the Stevie Mallan transfer anyone know?

He was pretty incoherent as usual but my translation is that Barnsley had made an offer and that Stevie was looking at the setup but that saints were trying to start a bidding war. If anyone can speak Chico better than me then feel free to provide a better translation.

7 hours ago, Sonny said:

He was pretty incoherent as usual but my translation is that Barnsley had made an offer and that Stevie was looking at the setup but that saints were trying to start a bidding war. If anyone can speak Chico better than me then feel free to provide a better translation.

Quite impressed if this is the case , and wasn't it nice of Barnsley to help us a wee bit too .

• 1 month later...

Was down in London visiting my brother at the weekend, and on Sunday afternoon we stuck Radio 2 on in the car. Michael 'Love Changes Everything' Ball was hosting his show and had a quiz on. The phone-in quiz went like this. Made me pwoud. Did my heart good...

Ball: 'Next on the line is Jean from Glasgow - hello Jean!'

Jean: 'Hello, I'm not from Glasgow though, I'm from Paisley'.

Ball: 'Paisley is in Glasgow though, isn't it?'.

Jean: (with a clipped tone to her voice) 'No, it isn't', it's about nine miles West of Glasgow'

Ball: 'That's as good as though...'

Jean: 'No it isn't'.

Ball: (huffing like Boris Johnson trying to dodge a question) 'Right, on with the quiz...'

Cue me and my brother... 'Get it up you!' Aye, we were like weans. Felt good though.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Was down in London visiting my brother at the weekend, and on Sunday afternoon we stuck Radio 2 on in the car. Michael 'Love Changes Everything' Ball was hosting his show and had a quiz on. The phone-in quiz went like this. Made me pwoud. Did my heart good...

Ball: 'Next on the line is Jean from Glasgow - hello Jean!'

Jean: 'Hello, I'm not from Glasgow though, I'm from Paisley'.

Ball: 'Paisley is in Glasgow though, isn't it?'.

Jean: (with a clipped tone to her voice) 'No, it isn't', it's about nine miles West of Glasgow'

Ball: 'That's as good as though...'

Jean: 'No it isn't'.

Ball: (huffing like Boris Johnson trying to dodge a question) 'Right, on with the quiz...'

Cue me and my brother... 'Get it up you!' Aye, we were like weans. Felt good though.

That is the soundtrack to your life when you don't live in Scotland and 31 years on it still annoys me as much as it did on day 1.

4 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

That is the soundtrack to your life when you don't live in Scotland and 31 years on it still annoys me as much as it did on day 1.

It sticks in my craw that they still say, "Welcome to Glasgow", when we land at Paisley International Airport. I don't know how many times I've corrected them. On many occasions the stewards/stewardess' were Scottish, even one or two were from PAISLEY.

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

It sticks in my craw that they still say, "Welcome to Glasgow", when we land at Paisley International Airport. I don't know how many times I've corrected them. On many occasions the stewards/stewardess' were Scottish, even one or two were from PAISLEY.

That doesn't bother me. The airport serves Glasgow. I just let that one go. Not like me - I'm usually a right basturt' in regard to my home town being lumped in with Glasgow. I must be losing my touch. :P

Just now, pozbaird said:

That doesn't bother me. The airport serves Glasgow. I just let that one go. Not like me - I'm usually a right basturt' in regard to my home town being lumped in with Glasgow. I must be losing my touch. :P

The airport serves Scotland. Well a good chunk of it anyway. At least Prestwick get a mention for their airport. Even if they have added in the Glezga bit.

I forgot about another gripe which I bet won't change.

The Braehead is in RENFREWSHIRE. Not Glasgow. It's just been made official much to the Weejies annoyance.

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

The airport serves Scotland. Well a good chunk of it anyway. At least Prestwick get a mention for their airport. Even if they have added in the Glezga bit.

I forgot about another gripe which I bet won't change.

The Braehead is in RENFREWSHIRE. Not Glasgow. It's just been made official much to the Weejies annoyance.

I hear you. I'm with you in spirit. When push comes to shove I just don't give that much of a fcuk. 

32 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Had a plan 10 years and 1month ago to drape bed sheets with Paisley on them from the roof of the airport over the Glasgow. That got scuppered by a couple of lunnies emoji24.png

Go for it dude, nothng to worry about

:fire :fire2