Honest mistakes

37 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Laughable , same name badge and stadium while the wee red book displays the history. That bigot club never died like many seem to believe. 

That club did die.  teams that finish second in their countries top flight.  Don't need to be voted into the league structure.  The new club were voted in by existing members.  If my dog dies and I buy a similar looking dog, give it the old dogs collar, name and food bowl.  It does not make it the same dog. 

Is it any wonder both Rangers and Celtic have won so many honours between them when you see some of the decisions in that game that robbed us of a cup final appearance. It was commonplace in those days though and I can think of many other games against the two of them where we were done by shocking refereeing decisions.

8 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

This game was the last time I was inside this ground. After watching the cheat dress in all black on the pitch, add that with the abuse and shit I got from the pond life, the stewards, and the police in the stand, I vow never to go back, and 36 years later I have keep that promise. With the cheat having the same name as my late father in law, it's a name that I wont ever forget.

Last time I was in iPox as well. It was an utterly blatant display of cheating by the officials. Not for the first time either in the 80s. Remember the Hampden fiasco of the goal that never crossed the line? Conveniently at the end wae no fans due to redevelopment work.

The Colin Jackson penalty incident is, of course, nothing short of outrageous, and whatever pish John Greig wants to come out with, they weren't coming back from 4-2 down.

It's funny listening to Greig, the archetypal we are the people f**kwit trying to portray Ibrox as some sort of fortress when they were completely mediocre throughout his time as manager. They changed his name from 'Greig' to 'Greig Must Go' not long after that. They used to protest behind the Main Stand after games to get him the sack.

However, unless I'm missing something, the offside goal is actually offside for the same reason that Dundee United's was in the 1987 final. When Bone takes his second shot there's only one player between Richardson and the goal line.

Edited by Dirty Sanchez

I'll take the positives from that hellish experience.

We had a great team in that era, we had a swagger and no little ability.

Lex Richardson, Aber, Stark, McAvennie ffs, awesome.

We were so good indeed that as a diddy club we had to be stopped by any means.

The desperation eh, the big clubs had to rely on dubious interpretations of the law to beat us.

f**k em then and f**k em now.

Edit this add, John Greig. A loathsome ignoramus, always.

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

That club did die.  teams that finish second in their countries top flight.  Don't need to be voted into the league structure.  The new club were voted in by existing members.  If my dog dies and I buy a similar looking dog, give it the old dogs collar, name and food bowl.  It does not make it the same dog. 

a cracking analogy.

If your dead dog had won crufts, would you claim the new dog to be a crufts winner? That's what Rangers/The Rangers/SEVCO/The SFA & just about how every other f**ker in Scotland are seeing it.

The current Rangers did not pay £12.5 million for Tore Flo & neither did they receive £8.5million for Giovanni van Bronkhurst like they claim they did. All their debt died and they got off virtually scot free because of all that shite about Scotland needing Celtic & Rangers.

Rangers in whichever form pre/post going bust is still Rangers just as much as a pig in a dress is still a pig.

1 hour ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

However, unless I'm missing something, the offside goal is actually offside for the same reason that Dundee United's was in the 1987 final. When Bone takes his second shot there's only one player between Richardson and the goal line.

Yeah, it's the first time I've seen that since being at the game and, by the law at the time, it was offside.

The Colin Jackson penalty incident is, of course, nothing short of outrageous,

I was in the one of the front rows of the top tier of the Broomloan end and could not have had a clearer view, as you say outrageous that the penalty wasn't given.

40 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

I thought the worst decision of the night which hasn't been mentioned was the foul on Billy Stark in the penalty area

Especially the penalty Oldco got was soft compared to the 2 shouts we had

37 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

I thought the worst decision of the night which hasn't been mentioned was the foul on Billy Stark in the penalty area

Especially the penalty Oldco got was soft compared to the 2 shouts we had

I think at least one person mentioned it. :P

I was at the game and remember feeling particularly aggrieved about the chalked off goal. But now that I see it again, it was offside ... although a bit harsh as Lexie was hardly interfering with play in my opinion.

As for the new/old Rangers comments, if it had happened to us I would still look on the Saints as the same club. But maybe it helps that I'm a Doctor Who fan and quite happily accept the 'regeneration' bit when they get a new actor in! :D

3 hours ago, Westmarcher said:

I was at the game and remember feeling particularly aggrieved about the chalked off goal. But now that I see it again, it was offside ... although a bit harsh as Lexie was hardly interfering with play in my opinion.

As for the new/old Rangers comments, if it had happened to us I would still look on the Saints as the same club. But maybe it helps that I'm a Doctor Who fan and quite happily accept the 'regeneration' bit when they get a new actor in! :D

I'm 99% certain that even in 1981 you still had to be interfering with play for it to be offside.

In the 87 cup final, you could argue United's goal WAS offside for that reason.

There's NO chance Lexy was interfering with play when Bone scored. None.

And you could also argue that it was an own goal, which makes it even more ridiculous for it to be chopped off for offside.

Let's put it this way, if Rangers (as that team was called) scored that goal, I've a feeling the flag would have stayed down.