2017/18 season tickets on sale now

9 minutes ago, shull said:

129 SO FAR

The counter I saw read: Sold - 129, given up as they're Mac users - 79, couldn't see seat plan so gave up - 137, chucked it as they couldn't add their kids (who were dead keen too after the Great Escape) - 102, took one look at the interface and thought 'fcuk this, will go into the ticket office' - 47. 

Div's counter is thorough and exhaustive.

Someone should be getting their bum smacked for this release of software which isn't fit for purpose. I used to work in IT and guess what - we tested software before issuing it to users.

My nephew logged on this morning to register. He would not have spotted the LOGIN option if I had not told him to scroll back up the page to find it hidden away in the top corner and almost greyed out. Once registered the seating map would not display so we could not check spare seats near me. I ended up driving him in to Paisley to buy his ticket but I am sure this would put a lot of people off. I think I read that 40% of the support no longer reside in Paisley which means they have to rely on on-line systems. And earlier in the week when I purchased mine, renewals for 17-18 were not on display - only 16-17. I purchased anyway hoping that I wasn't still paying for last season! (but the final confirmation did list 17-18).

I hope the Club give Interstadia a bollocking and get a discount for this shambles.

PS The site should be about marketing St Mirren tickets - not marketing Interstadia.

Edited by Sonny

8 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Someone should be getting their bum smacked for this release of software which isn't fit for purpose. I used to work in IT and guess what - we tested software before issuing it to users.

My nephew logged on this morning to register. He would not have spotted the LOGIN option if I had not told him to scroll back up the page to find it hidden away in the top corner and almost greyed out. Once registered the seating map would not display so we could not check spare seats near me. I ended up driving him in to Paisley to buy his ticket but I am sure this would put a lot of people off. I think I read that 40% of the support no longer reside in Paisley which means they have to rely on on-line systems. And earlier in the week when I purchased mine, renewals for 17-18 were not on display - only 16-17. I purchased anyway hoping that I wasn't still paying for last season! (but the final confirmation did list 17-18).

I hope the Club give Interstadia a bollocking and get a discount for this shambles.

PS The site should be about marketing St Mirren tickets - not marketing Interstadia.

Ive yet to work with any company who has launched new software or systems without encountering issues once in the real world. Even now, i work for one of the Biggest companies in the world who launched new global software for expenses on 1st May. Here we are 18 days on and we are on Version 4 !! 

My issue with the site was not so much the faults but simply using and navigating the site is extremely poor. I dont know who designed it but they should be front of the queue when it comes to arse kickings

10 minutes ago, David Mc said:

I do wonder what references we got from the software vendor or did we just take the lowest quote? Guiding principle of any e-commerce application should be to make it easy to buy regardless of device or browser used.

The issue here is a bit more complex than just picking an e-commerce application.

The ticketing website is a customer front end interface to the ticketing system that is used in the office itself. That is maybe obvious but this is a whole stadium management system that deals with the smart cards, the sales/printing/fulfilment of tickets in person at the ticket office, and the processing of orders via the website.

There are other providers out there of course but it's not just a case of using a simple e-commerce system here, it is more complex.

As far as I can see the system works fairly well apart from the part the customer sees which is of course the ticketing website. It's going through a lot of change at the moment and I'm sure it will get better.

You are absolutely correct though. Purchasing has to be as easy as possible, otherwise folk just get bored and don't buy. The ease of purchase on likes of Amazon for example is a key example of how to do it properly. It's so quick and easy that I've often found being surprised to receive something that I ordered the previous night when half cut :lol:

3 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Ive yet to work with any company who has launched new software or systems without encountering issues once in the real world. Even now, i work for one of the Biggest companies in the world who launched new global software for expenses on 1st May. Here we are 18 days on and we are on Version 4 !! 

My issue with the site was not so much the faults but simply using and navigating the site is extremely poor. I dont know who designed it but they should be front of the queue when it comes to arse kickings

I take your point that software is improved rapidly once users start using it. But not being able to access the seat plan is a bit basic I would think.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

I take your point that software is improved rapidly once users start using it. But not being able to access the seat plan is a bit basic I would think.

Yeah that is a killer. I can't really see the point in making the ticket site responsive if the seat plan is still using Adobe Flash which instantly rules out any transactions on iPads or iPhones!

2 minutes ago, div said:

Yeah that is a killer. I can't really see the point in making the ticket site responsive if the seat plan is still using Adobe Flash which instantly rules out any transactions on iPads or iPhones!

We were using PCs under Windows 7 and 10. One using Firefox and the other Explorer. No mention anywhere to upgrade/install any software to view the plan.

Yeh, the ticket site is brutal and while not ours is a terrible user experience.

It tried to charge me an adult price for my son

Wouldn't let me add my youngest who has now got his first season ticket

Has my old seat against me and I couldn't change it

Works different on different browsers

Had some bizarre UI features

Overall, not quite sure how this got out into the real world.

Would have been terrified parting with cash over it!

Div, could you take over the ticketing website?

55 minutes ago, BuddyHolly9 said:

Div, could you take over the ticketing website?

No mate, as I said above, it's not just an e-commerce website, it's tied to the whole ticketing infrastruture so the smart cards, point of sale, stadium turnstyles etc...

I am doing the e-commerce stuff for the new strips though which will be sold via the official site e-store rather than through the St.Mirren Direct website.

No pressure then! :D

ps; And no, I haven't seen the new strips yet
pps; No, I don't know when they are going to start selling them

5 minutes ago, div said:

No mate, as I said above, it's not just an e-commerce website, it's tied to the whole ticketing infrastruture so the smart cards, point of sale, stadium turnstyles etc...

I am doing the e-commerce stuff for the new strips though which will be sold via the official site e-store rather than through the St.Mirren Direct website.

No pressure then! :D

I hope someone is monitoring feedback Div and passing it on to Interstadia. The diehards will find a way to get their season tickets but you have to be a diehard to try and get through the current release of software!

No pressure then! [emoji3]

Brilliant, are you able to do 'mates rates' for the strips [emoji6]

Just now, Sonny said:

I hope someone is monitoring feedback Div and passing it on to Interstadia. The diehards will find a way to get their season tickets but you have to be a diehard to try and get through the current release of software!

Yeah spot on. My neebur told me he'd have just given up if i hadn't been there to help. I shudder to think how many people are being put off by the current issues with the website.

If I had time I'd sit down and document all the problems but I don't really have the time and to be honest it's a commercial platform the club are paying for so the providers should be doing it themselves!

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

You signed back up to SMISA yet? It's where the party is emoji23.png

While Jack is Manager, the party will be on the Pitch and in the Stands. 

Celebrations all round. 

The issue here is a bit more complex than just picking an e-commerce application.
The ticketing website is a customer front end interface to the ticketing system that is used in the office itself. That is maybe obvious but this is a whole stadium management system that deals with the smart cards, the sales/printing/fulfilment of tickets in person at the ticket office, and the processing of orders via the website.
There are other providers out there of course but it's not just a case of using a simple e-commerce system here, it is more complex.
As far as I can see the system works fairly well apart from the part the customer sees which is of course the ticketing website. It's going through a lot of change at the moment and I'm sure it will get better.
You are absolutely correct though. Purchasing has to be as easy as possible, otherwise folk just get bored and don't buy. The ease of purchase on likes of Amazon for example is a key example of how to do it properly. It's so quick and easy that I've often found being surprised to receive something that I ordered the previous night when half cut [emoji38]

How is your Thai bride settling in anyway?

Got her season ticket yet?