2017/18 season tickets on sale now

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

How is your Thai bride settling in anyway?

Got her season ticket yet?

With that user interface, could take him a few hours. Will need to hope the ST includes cup thais.

Edited by pozbaird

On 17/05/2017 at 8:03 AM, div said:

Good points in principle mate but guess would have caused all sorts of admin chaos.

What I would have suggested is that each kid season ticket at £25 also got a free kids home shirt or something like that.

Yes - maybe a home shirt would have sugar coated the pill a bit.

It works out about £2-3 quid a game extra for me so - personally - not the end of the world.

It still might be an outcome changer for some folks who maybe can't stretch the extra £25/£50 etc with a potential backfire in terms of families deciding to PAYG and then picking and choosing games.

Another omission from the official statement was any mention of included cup games - last year we got the first home leg of the diddy cup - has that gone as well do you know?

Yeah, I got a Freebie for my Grandson, but he never attended once... pissed off by the shite of relegation.  Still if he wants one for this Season, I'll buy him one.

Okay, I'll bite. It's not a question of grumping, it's a question of being practical. I sit in a group of four of us. Me, my friend, and both of our dads. My dad is in his 70s and has a bad back that, whilst not always that bad, does flare up at times. He can't stand for a whole game. I've had my season ticket in W5 since the stadium opened (initially in row D, then after one season moving up toward the back. When in the past the singing section etc. have been housed in W5, and standing (I have no problem with Standing, I stand at every Scotland match), the view from our seats is heavily restricted. In the row behind us there are a few older guys too, same situation I'd imagine.

There are solutions to standing, singing sections that can be put in place that don't involve fundamentally annoying or alienating existing supporters, and it's those that have to be investigated to get the best possible solution for all.

This isn't moaning, it's just being rational and practical.

1 hour ago, zurich_allan said:

Okay, I'll bite. It's not a question of grumping, it's a question of being practical. I sit in a group of four of us. Me, my friend, and both of our dads. My dad is in his 70s and has a bad back that, whilst not always that bad, does flare up at times. He can't stand for a whole game. I've had my season ticket in W5 since the stadium opened (initially in row D, then after one season moving up toward the back. When in the past the singing section etc. have been housed in W5, and standing (I have no problem with Standing, I stand at every Scotland match), the view from our seats is heavily restricted. In the row behind us there are a few older guys too, same situation I'd imagine.

There are solutions to standing, singing sections that can be put in place that don't involve fundamentally annoying or alienating existing supporters, and it's those that have to be investigated to get the best possible solution for all.

This isn't moaning, it's just being rational and practical.

The obvious initial solution being to forget about selling 1000 STs, declare the West Stand all-Saints fans, and allow the standing / drumming / singing section to remain in the far side, where they were successful - as the club itself say they were. Yes, it costs money to open the North Stand, but a cost worth considering, even without the 1000 ST target. The atmosphere was night and day better. I thought the club would have a bash at keeping it for one season anyway, as Joma Jack's Fully Striped B&W Army hopefully continue from where they left off.

Mind you, with shite away numbers likely from shitholes like Brechin, Livingston and Hamilton, I can see the club's POV if they want to house these three men and their dug' in the West... I'd invite the BoD over for a half-time pie and a pish in the one West Stand lavvy if they fancied moving over for the day mind you.

The obvious initial solution being to forget about selling 1000 STs, declare the West Stand all-Saints fans, and allow the standing / drumming / singing section to remain in the far side, where they were successful - as the club itself say they were. Yes, it costs money to open the North Stand, but a cost worth considering, even without the 1000 ST target. The atmosphere was night and day better. I thought the club would have a bash at keeping it for one season anyway, as Joma Jack's Fully Striped B&W Army hopefully continue from where they left off.
Mind you, with shite away numbers likely from shitholes like Brechin, Livingston and Hamilton, I can see the club's POV if they want to house these three men and their dug' in the West... I'd invite the BoD over for a half-time pie and a pish in the one West Stand lavvy if they fancied moving over for the day mind you.

Wonder what it cost to open the North stand ? 1 turnstile and a few stewards is all that is needed. If away fans are in the West Stand then stewards are needed to be between home and away fans, so I fail to see how any savings the club does makes is worth pissing off your own fans.

10 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Wonder what it cost to open the North stand ? 1 turnstile and a few stewards is all that is needed. If away fans are in the West Stand then stewards are needed to be between home and away fans, so I fail to see how any savings the club does makes is worth pissing off your own fans.

Sums up my view. My hope would be that if we keep the end-of-season form going, we are definitely a club where we will see more home fans attending games, which would offset the cost of opening the North. I'm actually a bit disappointed that the club have said how successful it was, but will only do it full time if a target of 1000 STs is reached. 

Edited by pozbaird

Sums up my view. My hope would be that if we keep the end-of-season form going, we are definitely a club where we will see more home fans attending games, which would offset the cost of opening the North. I'm actually a bit disappointed that the club have said how successful it was, but will only do it full time if a target of 1000 STs is reached. 

This 1000 figure is nonsense. In theory we could have 1000 STH in the stand with no one paying at the gate and they get the whole stand. Or you could have 500 STH plus 1500 paying at the gate and don't get the whole stand.

Do the police costs for opening the North Stand not come into the equation?  They are treated by the polis as a big cash cow!!  Also do the local cops not still throw their weight about on what parts of the ground to open depending on the anticipated crowd.  If it's the police costs we're not talking about a few pounds!!

1 hour ago, rabuddies said:

Do the police costs for opening the North Stand not come into the equation?  They are treated by the polis as a big cash cow!!  Also do the local cops not still throw their weight about on what parts of the ground to open depending on the anticipated crowd.  If it's the police costs we're not talking about a few pounds!!

Police are on double time at the weekend no wonder stewards have taken over in numbers.  

8 hours ago, rabuddies said:

7 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Police are on double time at the weekend no wonder stewards have taken over in numbers.  

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

I haven't seen a police presence at the games recently. Not even outside the ground. Stewards seem to be doing the job.

I have a sneaky suspicion that, as long as we get close to the 1000 mark, i.e. over 800 then they will open it up. Think it might just be a tactic to try and sell season tickets.
I'm sure I've read before that the main stand isn't suitable for segregation though.

In an age when football clubs across the globe are innovating, breaking the mould, and asking fans what do we need to do to get more of you buying a ticket. Our club are happy with 1500 of us struggling with one pie stall and one toilet, but insist its in our hands whether we get adequate catering and toilet facilities next season, or not.

"if 1000 of you dont buy full price ST's yous can carry on pishing down each others legs, and am no jist sayin that!"

Can answer a couple of posts. It costs an extra £700 (in total) to open the stand behind the goals (per game). The club don't need to pay for policing, on the condition that we have no "incidents" within the stadium - we haven't had any at St Mirren for a while. Believe the last issue involved Motherwell fans with pyro stashed inside a drum. 

I suspect that some in the club are nervous that something happens, and they then incur policing costs, in addition to the £700 per game cost of opening the away stand. 

Can understand that POV, but we travelled well everywhere last season, made a lot of noise, drank a lot of beer, and still our support behaved perfectly. 

Confident that we'll have a resolution soon, the club have been brilliant with us recently. 

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

In an age when football clubs across the globe are innovating, breaking the mould, and asking fans what do we need to do to get more of you buying a ticket. Our club are happy with 1500 of us struggling with one pie stall and one toilet, but insist its in our hands whether we get adequate catering and toilet facilities next season, or not.

"if 1000 of you dont buy full price ST's yous can carry on pishing down each others legs, and am no jist sayin that!"

Give it a rest. The other stands are available to you - I'm sure nobody will weep at your absence...

7 hours ago, sm74 said:

I have a sneaky suspicion that, as long as we get close to the 1000 mark, i.e. over 800 then they will open it up. Think it might just be a tactic to try and sell season tickets.
I'm sure I've read before that the main stand isn't suitable for segregation though.

It's a defiinite tactic to sell season tickets, and to engage the fans, what with the counter and the fans trying to get mates and relatives to sign up to try to get over the line. It's a good ploy.

10 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Give it a rest. The other stands are available to you - I'm sure nobody will weep at your absence...

To be fair, while it isn't the way I would word my own argument, I agree with LPMs sentiment on this one. The club make three final home games all-Saints in the West. The club sanction the drumming / singing area. The club say themselves it was a big success - then say it will be replicated season-long.... but only if you lot buy 1000 STs there. By all means have a push to generate more ST sales - but throughout the stadium. Don't offer us in the West decent catering and toilet access on the condition that more folk pony up to sit in that stand. Push STs based on the feelgood factor generated in the second half of the season. Push STs based on the early bird deal, or trumpet Joma Jack's Fully Striped B&W Army as being a team on the up. The club are pushing ST sales in the West by saying if you hit a target set by us, we'll reward you with two toilets and catering outlets all season, and the season-long singing area. I think it whiffs a bit to be honest. The 'offer' not the lavvies. Or the drummer.

Sorry, but LPM does have a point here.

Edited by pozbaird

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

To be fair, while it isn't the way I would word my own argument, I agree with LPMs sentiment on this one. The club make three final home games all-Saints in the West. The club sanction the drumming / singing area. The club say themselves it was a big success - then say it will be replicated season-long.... but only if you lot buy 1000 STs there. By all means have a push to generate more ST sales - but throughout the stadium. Don't offer us in the West decent catering and toilet access on the condition that more folk pony up to sit in that stand. Push STs based on the feelgood factor generated in the second half of the season. Push STs based on the early bird deal, or trumpet Joma Jack's Fully Striped B&W Army as being a team on the up. 

Exactly!

if they don't sell 1000 ST's in the main stand do they lose a pie stall and lavvy?

why are only the people who want to sit in the west stand being held to ransom over a pie&pee?

9 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

To be fair, while it isn't the way I would word my own argument, I agree with LPMs sentiment on this one. The club make three final home games all-Saints in the West. The club sanction the drumming / singing area. The club say themselves it was a big success - then say it will be replicated season-long.... but only if you lot buy 1000 STs there. By all means have a push to generate more ST sales - but throughout the stadium. Don't offer us in the West decent catering and toilet access on the condition that more folk pony up to sit in that stand. Push STs based on the feelgood factor generated in the second half of the season. Push STs based on the early bird deal, or trumpet Joma Jack's Fully Striped B&W Army as being a team on the up. The club are pushing ST sales in the West by saying if you hit a target set by us, we'll reward you with two toilets and catering outlets all season, and the season-long singing area. I think it whiffs a bit to be honest. The 'offer' not the lavvies. Or the drummer.

I agree completely, but I think I have a point when I say nobody would weep at his absence...

ETA: I think the season ticket counter, and the "sell 1,000 season tickets" line, is largely a marketing ploy to get people driving towards a target, getting friends, relatives, strangers on the street to sign up to a season ticket. I would imagine the club will agree to the fans request for the whole stand if they get anywhere near 1,000 STs.

Edited by Soctty