2017/18 season tickets on sale now

7 hours ago, sm74 said:

I'm sure I've read before that the main stand isn't suitable for segregation though.

This for me should be something for consideration for the SMISA monthly spend. Gives the ground much more flexibility for future use, conscious that the raised platform is in W1 but for other clubs having away fans next to home disabled area isn't an issue.

3 hours ago, Doakes said:

Can answer a couple of posts. It costs an extra £700 (in total) to open the stand behind the goals (per game). The club don't need to pay for policing, on the condition that we have no "incidents" within the stadium - we haven't had any at St Mirren for a while. Believe the last issue involved Motherwell fans with pyro stashed inside a drum. 

I suspect that some in the club are nervous that something happens, and they then incur policing costs, in addition to the £700 per game cost of opening the away stand. 

Can understand that POV, but we travelled well everywhere last season, made a lot of noise, drank a lot of beer, and still our support behaved perfectly. 

Confident that we'll have a resolution soon, the club have been brilliant with us recently. 

£700 for 1 turnstile and a handful of stewards :blink:

5 hours ago, Doakes said:

Can answer a couple of posts. It costs an extra £700 (in total) to open the stand behind the goals (per game). The club don't need to pay for policing, on the condition that we have no "incidents" within the stadium - we haven't had any at St Mirren for a while. Believe the last issue involved Motherwell fans with pyro stashed inside a drum. 

I suspect that some in the club are nervous that something happens, and they then incur policing costs, in addition to the £700 per game cost of opening the away stand. 

Can understand that POV, but we travelled well everywhere last season, made a lot of noise, drank a lot of beer, and still our support behaved perfectly. 

Confident that we'll have a resolution soon, the club have been brilliant with us recently. 

Club need to pay Police Scotland for ANY game which Police Scotland view needs policing.

7 hours ago, Soctty said:

I agree completely, but I think I have a point when I say nobody would weep at his absence...

ETA: I think the season ticket counter, and the "sell 1,000 season tickets" line, is largely a marketing ploy to get people driving towards a target, getting friends, relatives, strangers on the street to sign up to a season ticket. I would imagine the club will agree to the fans request for the whole stand if they get anywhere near 1,000 STs.

So nobody would care if he wasn't in the west stand, and you know this because ?

I'll save you answering, you don't know that and are just using the excuse to stir shit, strange though that you then go on to stir more shit by accusing the club of using marketing ploys and then suggest the club will just give the whole stand over to home fans because you imagine they will.

With you obviously slating LPM over what he posts on here, i'd have a good look at my own posts first if i were you.

So nobody would care if he wasn't in the west stand, and you know this because ?

I'll save you answering, you don't know that and are just using the excuse to stir shit, strange though that you then go on to stir more shit by accusing the club of using marketing ploys and then suggest the club will just give the whole stand over to home fans because you imagine they will.
With you obviously slating LPM over what he posts on here, i'd have a good look at my own posts first if i were you.

Someone's having a tantrum...

Must be past your bed time - cheers for the suggestion by the way...

[emoji23]

4 hours ago, Suggestion said:

Club need to pay Police Scotland for ANY game which Police Scotland view needs policing.

I believe each game is the subject of a risk assessment and review by the Police in consultation with the club and this determines what the policing situation will be.

If the Police deem that a presence is required inside the stadium then the costs of each officer inside the stadium is met by the club. There is a price list that applies and it's an hourly rate per rank of officer required.

Police deployed outside the stadium footprint don't count towards that cost.

In essence every copper inside the stadium is us pissing our previous funds away so it's in all our interests to behave!

On 21/05/2017 at 2:16 PM, zurich_allan said:

Okay, I'll bite. It's not a question of grumping, it's a question of being practical. I sit in a group of four of us. Me, my friend, and both of our dads. My dad is in his 70s and has a bad back that, whilst not always that bad, does flare up at times. He can't stand for a whole game. I've had my season ticket in W5 since the stadium opened (initially in row D, then after one season moving up toward the back. When in the past the singing section etc. have been housed in W5, and standing (I have no problem with Standing, I stand at every Scotland match), the view from our seats is heavily restricted. In the row behind us there are a few older guys too, same situation I'd imagine.

This isn't moaning, it's just being rational and practical.

Yes, agreed mate.

It was just that some have already stated that they would not move or would spit the dummy out and give up their ST if they are affected.  Talking about cutting off you're nose to spite your face! Surely if they (and/or their Group) could move slightly and have a similar view, then surely that is acceptable and an overall satisfactory solution could be found.  But, some people are just stubborn and 'precious' about a piece of plastic.

Perhaps a possible solution - that has been raised before - would be to have the singing section over a couple of sections, in the top 50% of seats. It's a hard one I'll admit.

Edited by Vambo57

4 hours ago, Vambo57 said:

Yes, agreed mate.

It was just that some have already stated that they would not move or would spit the dummy out and give up their ST if they are affected.  Talking about cutting off you're nose to spite your face! Surely if they (and/or their Group) could move slightly and have a similar view, then surely that is acceptable and an overall satisfactory solution could be found.  But, some people are just stubborn and 'precious' about a piece of plastic.

Perhaps a possible solution - that has been raised before - would be to have the singing section over a couple of sections, in the top 50% of seats. It's a hard one I'll admit.

That would be taking away the best vantage points for those who already have tickets for that area. I would suspect it would be even more unpopular. I know I wouldn't want to move down to probably the front of the stand where the view is poor in comparison.

On ‎22‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 9:36 AM, Lord Pityme said:

In an age when football clubs across the globe are innovating, breaking the mould, and asking fans what do we need to do to get more of you buying a ticket. Our club are happy with 1500 of us struggling with one pie stall and one toilet, but insist its in our hands whether we get adequate catering and toilet facilities next season, or not.

"if 1000 of you dont buy full price ST's yous can carry on pishing down each others legs, and am no jist sayin that!"

It's a age thing.

22 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

Anyone know what the renewal deadline is to guarantee you keep the same seats as last season? Doesn't specify in the info on the website.

It's hiding in the notes

"Current season ticket holders will have until Sunday 2nd July 2017 to secure their own seat, after this time all unsold seats will be released and sold on a first come first serve basis."

Club report week one ST sales were  723 (294 of which were for the West Stand)

This is a 110% increase in like for like sales from the first week of last season.

We're 29% of our way towards the West Stand target.

1 minute ago, div said:

Club report week one ST sales were  723 (294 of which were for the West Stand)

This is a 110% increase in like for like sales from the first week of last season.

We're 29% of our way towards the West Stand target.

I would guess there is an incremental bounce in numbers of tickets sold in the first week related to a feelgood finishing run, and getting them on sale earlier, i.e. Straight after season end. Would be good to see it maintained.

I am still seriously considering buying a ST again. It might have to wait until I get back from my holiday at the end of June, right enough, but the pull is most definitely there.

I have flirted with the idea in years gone by having given up my old seat after the first half season at the current stadium, but never really felt strongly about it. That has changed, now.

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

I am still seriously considering buying a ST again. It might have to wait until I get back from my holiday at the end of June, right enough, but the pull is most definitely there.

I have flirted with the idea in years gone by having given up my old seat after the first half season at the current stadium, but never really felt strongly about it. That has changed, now.

Go on, go on, go on, go on,go on, go on. Just make sure its for the West Stand. You can bring your drum as well. :)

32 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Go on, go on, go on, go on,go on, go on. Just make sure its for the West Stand. You can bring your drum as well. :)

My fekin ears are still ringing from sitting directly in front of the drum at Falkirk, so I'll pass on that:lol:

5 hours ago, Drew said:

Go on, the pull is strong in this one.