2017/18 season tickets on sale now

Really good numbers . Hopefully the pay at the gate supporters turn up in decent numbers also . 

Sadly, we don't do pay at the gate no more.

Pay on the day ( for a ticket ) to a stadium that has never sold out is what we have.

We personally have season tickets as that suits us living so far away, but pay at the gate would be a good option for many fans.

7 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Pay on the day ( for a ticket ) to a stadium that has never sold out is what we have.

We personally have season tickets as that suits us living so far away, but pay at the gate would be a good option for many fans.

Showing my age there . 

I reckon if we have a decent first quarter , the gates will be pretty decent by our standards . 

There's absolutely no difference in having to

11 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Which is essentially PATG.

2 hours ago, whydowebother said:

With modern technology (all be it Stadiacard seem hell bent on making it difficult) and so many fans who don't go to every game having had to register for cup final and away tickets could we not look at having a smart card that you are able to load individual games onto and you can choose your seat each time you add a game? I realise there may be some pitfalls but we can then offer say 2, 3, 6 game deals for non season ticket holders. I am sure Motherwell do something similar.

16 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Some sniping has been fair game though. The way the Open Day was handled, and still, I'm not convinced about aspects of the shoddy kit launch. A lot of it isn't rocket science or costly. It's just common sense. For example, something as simple as selling socks. Every photo I've seen, the players are wearing plain black socks, yet the E-store shows them with four white hoops. Simple shit like that shouldn't happen. Yes, they're just socks, big deal... why not get it right though?

Anyway. Two lavvies. Result... should never have needed 1000 STs to guarantee the amount of fans normally in that stand more than ONE lavvy block. That's another argument. The way St Mirren still go about some things makes you shake your head in befuddlement.

All i hear is Boooo

What's the point in criticising all this? They changed their judgement on the open day, it's done no need to go back over it, my point of view is it was originally done as a way to reward season ticket holders and I'm sure no one had a conscious thought, wanting to exclude people, did they get it wrong? Yes but they corrected it, no need to point anymore fingers.

The kit launch, we will be at the mercy of third party suppliers and we won't have much weight as a club our size. The club took a decision to change things after last seasons JD mess, they may not of got it right but big deal, they are trying and I'm sure still trying to put it right, as a fan of the club that's all I ask. Yes the club has made mistakes but I don't think for a second it's been anyone being lazy or ignorant, got to remember a lot of them have only been in running a football club for less than a year and will make mistakes. Heaven forbid they're not perfect. What may seem as simple things to you may not be quite so simple when you know all the facts. 

The 1,000 season ticket thing, do you not maybe see how it's been a brilliant market technique? I'm in no doubt that attributed to the fact we are over 30% ahead of last years ticket sales. Nothing wrong with a club setting targets, especially when done in such a positive way that has brought the club and fans together.

The negativity is quite astounding. Any positives at all for this pre-season from you? 

41 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

All i hear is Boooo

What's the point in criticising all this? They changed their judgement on the open day, it's done no need to go back over it, my point of view is it was originally done as a way to reward season ticket holders and I'm sure no one had a conscious thought, wanting to exclude people, did they get it wrong? Yes but they corrected it, no need to point anymore fingers.

The kit launch, we will be at the mercy of third party suppliers and we won't have much weight as a club our size. The club took a decision to change things after last seasons JD mess, they may not of got it right but big deal, they are trying and I'm sure still trying to put it right, as a fan of the club that's all I ask. Yes the club has made mistakes but I don't think for a second it's been anyone being lazy or ignorant, got to remember a lot of them have only been in running a football club for less than a year and will make mistakes. Heaven forbid they're not perfect. What may seem as simple things to you may not be quite so simple when you know all the facts. 

The 1,000 season ticket thing, do you not maybe see how it's been a brilliant market technique? I'm in no doubt that attributed to the fact we are over 30% ahead of last years ticket sales. Nothing wrong with a club setting targets, especially when done in such a positive way that has brought the club and fans together.

The negativity is quite astounding. Any positives at all for this pre-season from you? 

Well, a point worth making is that on the main St Mirren fan forum, you are able to 'boo' or 'happy clap' in equal measure. Unless you are being abusive or infringing libel laws etc.

Positives? Jack Ross staying, Jack Ross doing signing business early, an expanded stadium shop, kits now on sale at the stadium, work being done to tart up Ralston, an upsurge in ST sales, and a whiff of feelgood factor. 

However, if you think for one minute I should laud the WB ST initiative as a 'brilliant marketing technique', then you're going to have a long wait. I did however, post 'superb, bring on the Falkirk' when 1008 was announced. The increased ST sales across the entire stadium is a positive I am happy to post a positive comment about. By all means have a campaign to drum up ST sales, but do it across the board, don't dangle the hope of two lavvies and decent catering in front of West Stand punters like a big carrot - we should have adequate lavvies and catering access as a fcuking given... I dislike the way it was done to 'reward' loyal fans in that stand, and will simply not apologise for holding this view - nor for posting that view on an open forum in reply to another post.

28 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Well, a point worth making is that on the main St Mirren fan forum, you are able to 'boo' or 'happy clap' in equal measure. Unless you are being abusive or infringing libel laws etc.

Positives? Jack Ross staying, Jack Ross doing signing business early, an expanded stadium shop, kits now on sale at the stadium, work being done to tart up Ralston, an upsurge in ST sales, and a whiff of feelgood factor. 

However, if you think for one minute I should laud the WB ST initiative as a 'brilliant marketing technique', then you're going to have a long wait. I did however, post 'superb, bring on the Falkirk' when 1008 was announced. The increased ST sales across the entire stadium is a positive I am happy to post a positive comment about. By all means have a campaign to drum up ST sales, but do it across the board, don't dangle the hope of two lavvies and decent catering in front of West Stand punters like a big carrot - we should have adequate lavvies and catering access as a fcuking given... I dislike the way it was done to 'reward' loyal fans in that stand, and will simply not apologise for holding this view - nor for posting that view on an open forum in reply to another post.

For me it's a separate issue between facilities and ST sales. The concern about the bogs in a segregated stand could be raised in what it is but for me a campaign to drum up more season ticket sales. Well done the club. 

You gotta laugh.. innit!

the club took weeks to be convinced of something they should never have branded as an 'open day', and the potenially huge missed opportunity of connecting with the wider local community and support. They didnt correct themselves overnight, they tried to tough it out until the call to see common sense deafened them into a u-turn. But hey at least they did a u-turn, the last lot would have continued to stick two fingers up regardless. So is that a Poz-itive..?

if they actually had half a marketing brain they would have held the open day for all and sundry, and had a seperate BBQ event for ST holders and a guest, mingling with the squad, and inviting local business owners to sponsor aspects of it, and come and meet each other over a burger & beer. Great opprtunity to sell smaller sponsorship packages, or encourage two or three small businesses to share a hospitality table. (Like about four or five other ideas i have put forward I am sure this one will be knicked and credit claimed by a.n. Other again, but hey if my nouce is putting tting more cash in the till despite the gross ineptitude of those responsible for it then... another positive..?)

Holding 1000 of your own support to ransom over a pie and pish has to go down as the worst ever negative marketing stunt ever imagined. Think of the fall out if they sold say about 900 and didnt open the facilities to all..? How the f**k would that have been seen as positive?

the kit launch for me yet again epitomises how lacking our club are in setting up succesful retail revenue streams. Obviously the people responsible have neither the experience, contacts or planning skill to tie in a kit supplier to a detailed quality, timely, production, supply and delivery contract. You cant order adult tops online meaning yet more money lost, and the badge fiasco defies belief. The best bit though is the line trotted out by more than one entity associated with the club when they get it spectacularly wrong yet again..... "aw schucks we are new at this, and we might make mistakes" or... "we do this in our own time, we will make mistakes"

why the f**k didnt they say they werent up to it before accepting the job?

and at the time of year when they are pushing to get ST sales over the target line, to pat themselves on the back for holding us to ransom over a pie & pish, they cant actually produce a new, replacement or amended smartcard, which they do not tell you about when you buy online!

imagine how many ST, replica kits, succesful community events we could be looking at if they got that 'retail is detail'..? Now that would be a positive!

You gotta laugh.. innit!
the club took weeks to be convinced of something they should never have branded as an 'open day', and the potenially huge missed opportunity of connecting with the wider local community and support. They didnt correct themselves overnight, they tried to tough it out until the call to see common sense deafened them into a u-turn. But hey at least they did a u-turn, the last lot would have continued to stick two fingers up regardless. So is that a Poz-itive..?
if they actually had half a marketing brain they would have held the open day for all and sundry, and had a seperate BBQ event for ST holders and a guest, mingling with the squad, and inviting local business owners to sponsor aspects of it, and come and meet each other over a burger & beer. Great opprtunity to sell smaller sponsorship packages, or encourage two or three small businesses to share a hospitality table. (Like about four or five other ideas i have put forward I am sure this one will be knicked and credit claimed by a.n. Other again, but hey if my nouce is putting tting more cash in the till despite the gross ineptitude of those responsible for it then... another positive..?)
Holding 1000 of your own support to ransom over a pie and pish has to go down as the worst ever negative marketing stunt ever imagined. Think of the fall out if they sold say about 900 and didnt open the facilities to all..? How the f**k would that have been seen as positive?
the kit launch for me yet again epitomises how lacking our club are in setting up succesful retail revenue streams. Obviously the people responsible have neither the experience, contacts or planning skill to tie in a kit supplier to a detailed quality, timely, production, supply and delivery contract. You cant order adult tops online meaning yet more money lost, and the badge fiasco defies belief. The best bit though is the line trotted out by more than one entity associated with the club when they get it spectacularly wrong yet again..... "aw schucks we are new at this, and we might make mistakes" or... "we do this in our own time, we will make mistakes"
why the f**k didnt they say they werent up to it before accepting the job?
and at the time of year when they are pushing to get ST sales over the target line, to pat themselves on the back for holding us to ransom over a pie & pish, they cant actually produce a new, replacement or amended smartcard, which they do not tell you about when you buy online!
imagine how many ST, replica kits, succesful community events we could be looking at if they got that 'retail is detail'..? Now that would be a positive!

Boooo

Is it really all that bad? Another needless negative post. West stand is black and white, open day was open, season tickets are up, strips are third party reliance. Give it a rest, move on.

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Boooo

Is it really all that bad? Another needless negative post. West stand is black and white, open day was open, season tickets are up, strips are third party reliance. Give it a rest, move on.

Baz misses the point. 

Why, in the middle of July does my daughter not have any of the Full Kits ? 

They really should be available every Season around April /May. 

Baz misses the point. 
Why, in the middle of July does my daughter not have any of the Full Kits ? 
They really should be available every Season around April /May. 

In an ideal world. Do you think the club has been offered that option and said no? If it was all that easy to do every club would do it.

30 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

In an ideal world. Do you think the club has been offered that option and said no? If it was all that easy to do every club would do it.

As far as i know every other professional, and most non professional clubs do "do it"... 

just seems to be our mob who are incapable close season after close season.

53 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It is the middle of fecking July. 

I promised her the CHANGE KIT now and the BLACK AND WHITE STRIPED KIT for her birthday in AUGUST and it has been ordered and paid for. 

Who in our Club does these deals ? 

Disgraceful. 

The same PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL CLUB who cannae be arsed producing a MATCH PROGRAMME for a St Mirren game. 

St Mirren Amateur Football Club 

Hopeless 

5 hours ago, bazil85 said:

In an ideal world? Joma are a kit supplier. Supply the kit FFS, that's their fcuking job... no-one needs them to find a cure for cancer or land a man on Mars. Do it,  and have it in decent quantity, on sale in May / early June, don't have badges fall off, have the socks showing online matching those the players actually wear, have a proper launch, not a half arsed Twatter leak, have the home shirt available online - apparently it isn't at present. 

FFS.

Edited by pozbaird

10 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

In an ideal world? Joma are a kit supplier. Supply the kit FFS, that's their fcuking job... no-one needs them to find a cure for cancer or land a man on Mars. Do it,  and have it in decent quantity, on sale in May / early June, don't have badges fall off, have the socks showing online matching those the players actually wear, have a proper launch, not a half arsed Twatter leak, have the home shirt available online - apparently it isn't at present. 

FFS.

So that's kind of my point. St Mirren have entered a contract in good faith earlier this year that the strips would be provided. It hasn't happend as expected but it's hardly the clubs fault. Yet we still get overwhelming big BOOOOOs from the normal culprits. The same people moaning about a kit launch are the ones that have probably twisted the clubs arm in regards to an early launch wondering where the kit is. The badge, online, date issue will all be Joma not our club, moan at them. 

4 hours ago, shull said:

It is the middle of fecking July. 

I promised her the CHANGE KIT now and the BLACK AND WHITE STRIPED KIT for her birthday in AUGUST and it has been ordered and paid for. 

Who in our Club does these deals ? 

Disgraceful. 

The same PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL CLUB who cannae be arsed producing a MATCH PROGRAMME for a St Mirren game. 

St Mirren Amateur Football Club 

Hopeless 

Booooo