Eric Arthur Blair

2017/18 season tickets on sale now

483 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, munoz said:

Anyone know if the ticket office is open tomorrow ? 

Website says no mate. Closed Sat & Sun.

munoz likes this

Yeh, the ticket site is brutal and while not ours is a terrible user experience.

It tried to charge me an adult price for my son

Wouldn't let me add my youngest who has now got his first season ticket

Has my old seat against me and I couldn't change it

Works different on different browsers

Had some bizarre UI features

Overall, not quite sure how this got out into the real world.

Would have been terrified parting with cash over it!

Div, could you take over the ticketing website?

BuddieinEK and Sonny like this

55 minutes ago, BuddyHolly9 said:

Div, could you take over the ticketing website?

No mate, as I said above, it's not just an e-commerce website, it's tied to the whole ticketing infrastruture so the smart cards, point of sale, stadium turnstyles etc...

I am doing the e-commerce stuff for the new strips though which will be sold via the official site e-store rather than through the St.Mirren Direct website.

No pressure then! :D

ps; And no, I haven't seen the new strips yet
pps; No, I don't know when they are going to start selling them

BuddyHolly9 and BuddieinEK like this

5 minutes ago, div said:

No mate, as I said above, it's not just an e-commerce website, it's tied to the whole ticketing infrastruture so the smart cards, point of sale, stadium turnstyles etc...

I am doing the e-commerce stuff for the new strips though which will be sold via the official site e-store rather than through the St.Mirren Direct website.

No pressure then! :D

I hope someone is monitoring feedback Div and passing it on to Interstadia. The diehards will find a way to get their season tickets but you have to be a diehard to try and get through the current release of software!

No pressure then!

Brilliant, are you able to do 'mates rates' for the strips
div likes this

Just now, Sonny said:

I hope someone is monitoring feedback Div and passing it on to Interstadia. The diehards will find a way to get their season tickets but you have to be a diehard to try and get through the current release of software!

Yeah spot on. My neebur told me he'd have just given up if i hadn't been there to help. I shudder to think how many people are being put off by the current issues with the website.

If I had time I'd sit down and document all the problems but I don't really have the time and to be honest it's a commercial platform the club are paying for so the providers should be doing it themselves!

pozbaird likes this

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

You signed back up to SMISA yet? It's where the party is emoji23.png

While Jack is Manager, the party will be on the Pitch and in the Stands. 

Celebrations all round. 

The issue here is a bit more complex than just picking an e-commerce application.
The ticketing website is a customer front end interface to the ticketing system that is used in the office itself. That is maybe obvious but this is a whole stadium management system that deals with the smart cards, the sales/printing/fulfilment of tickets in person at the ticket office, and the processing of orders via the website.
There are other providers out there of course but it's not just a case of using a simple e-commerce system here, it is more complex.
As far as I can see the system works fairly well apart from the part the customer sees which is of course the ticketing website. It's going through a lot of change at the moment and I'm sure it will get better.
You are absolutely correct though. Purchasing has to be as easy as possible, otherwise folk just get bored and don't buy. The ease of purchase on likes of Amazon for example is a key example of how to do it properly. It's so quick and easy that I've often found being surprised to receive something that I ordered the previous night when half cut

How is your Thai bride settling in anyway?

Got her season ticket yet?

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

How is your Thai bride settling in anyway?

Got her season ticket yet?

With that user interface, could take him a few hours. Will need to hope the ST includes cup thais.

Edited by pozbaird

Went on the site last night and it's awful so ended up renewing our tickets by phone. Was looking to see if we can move but I'll do that in a few weeks

On 17/05/2017 at 8:03 AM, div said:

Good points in principle mate but guess would have caused all sorts of admin chaos.

What I would have suggested is that each kid season ticket at £25 also got a free kids home shirt or something like that.

Yes - maybe a home shirt would have sugar coated the pill a bit.

It works out about £2-3 quid a game extra for me so - personally - not the end of the world.

It still might be an outcome changer for some folks who maybe can't stretch the extra £25/£50 etc with a potential backfire in terms of families deciding to PAYG and then picking and choosing games.

Another omission from the official statement was any mention of included cup games - last year we got the first home leg of the diddy cup - has that gone as well do you know?

Yeah, I got a Freebie for my Grandson, but he never attended once... pissed off by the shite of relegation.  Still if he wants one for this Season, I'll buy him one.

Okay, I'll bite. It's not a question of grumping, it's a question of being practical. I sit in a group of four of us. Me, my friend, and both of our dads. My dad is in his 70s and has a bad back that, whilst not always that bad, does flare up at times. He can't stand for a whole game. I've had my season ticket in W5 since the stadium opened (initially in row D, then after one season moving up toward the back. When in the past the singing section etc. have been housed in W5, and standing (I have no problem with Standing, I stand at every Scotland match), the view from our seats is heavily restricted. In the row behind us there are a few older guys too, same situation I'd imagine.

There are solutions to standing, singing sections that can be put in place that don't involve fundamentally annoying or alienating existing supporters, and it's those that have to be investigated to get the best possible solution for all.

This isn't moaning, it's just being rational and practical.
smcc, Sonny and Doakes like this

1 hour ago, zurich_allan said:

Okay, I'll bite. It's not a question of grumping, it's a question of being practical. I sit in a group of four of us. Me, my friend, and both of our dads. My dad is in his 70s and has a bad back that, whilst not always that bad, does flare up at times. He can't stand for a whole game. I've had my season ticket in W5 since the stadium opened (initially in row D, then after one season moving up toward the back. When in the past the singing section etc. have been housed in W5, and standing (I have no problem with Standing, I stand at every Scotland match), the view from our seats is heavily restricted. In the row behind us there are a few older guys too, same situation I'd imagine.

There are solutions to standing, singing sections that can be put in place that don't involve fundamentally annoying or alienating existing supporters, and it's those that have to be investigated to get the best possible solution for all.

This isn't moaning, it's just being rational and practical.

The obvious initial solution being to forget about selling 1000 STs, declare the West Stand all-Saints fans, and allow the standing / drumming / singing section to remain in the far side, where they were successful - as the club itself say they were. Yes, it costs money to open the North Stand, but a cost worth considering, even without the 1000 ST target. The atmosphere was night and day better. I thought the club would have a bash at keeping it for one season anyway, as Joma Jack's Fully Striped B&W Army hopefully continue from where they left off.

Mind you, with shite away numbers likely from shitholes like Brechin, Livingston and Hamilton, I can see the club's POV if they want to house these three men and their dug' in the West... I'd invite the BoD over for a half-time pie and a pish in the one West Stand lavvy if they fancied moving over for the day mind you.

Sonny and Gordon Urquhart like this

The obvious initial solution being to forget about selling 1000 STs, declare the West Stand all-Saints fans, and allow the standing / drumming / singing section to remain in the far side, where they were successful - as the club itself say they were. Yes, it costs money to open the North Stand, but a cost worth considering, even without the 1000 ST target. The atmosphere was night and day better. I thought the club would have a bash at keeping it for one season anyway, as Joma Jack's Fully Striped B&W Army hopefully continue from where they left off.
Mind you, with shite away numbers likely from shitholes like Brechin, Livingston and Hamilton, I can see the club's POV if they want to house these three men and their dug' in the West... I'd invite the BoD over for a half-time pie and a pish in the one West Stand lavvy if they fancied moving over for the day mind you.

Wonder what it cost to open the North stand ? 1 turnstile and a few stewards is all that is needed. If away fans are in the West Stand then stewards are needed to be between home and away fans, so I fail to see how any savings the club does makes is worth pissing off your own fans.
Vambo57 and Gordon Urquhart like this

10 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Wonder what it cost to open the North stand ? 1 turnstile and a few stewards is all that is needed. If away fans are in the West Stand then stewards are needed to be between home and away fans, so I fail to see how any savings the club does makes is worth pissing off your own fans.

Sums up my view. My hope would be that if we keep the end-of-season form going, we are definitely a club where we will see more home fans attending games, which would offset the cost of opening the North. I'm actually a bit disappointed that the club have said how successful it was, but will only do it full time if a target of 1000 STs is reached. 

Edited by pozbaird
Gordon Urquhart likes this

Sums up my view. My hope would be that if we keep the end-of-season form going, we are definitely a club where we will see more home fans attending games, which would offset the cost of opening the North. I'm actually a bit disappointed that the club have said how successful it was, but will only do it full time if a target of 1000 STs is reached. 

This 1000 figure is nonsense. In theory we could have 1000 STH in the stand with no one paying at the gate and they get the whole stand. Or you could have 500 STH plus 1500 paying at the gate and don't get the whole stand.

I think the club may be trying to get fans to move from the main stand to the west, therefore freeing up space in the main stand to house the "three men and a dug" while still keeping the north stand shut. I don't recall seeing anything that said if there were 1000 season ticket holders in the west stand then they would open the north stand, just that the west would be all buds.

(I had initially ended that with "all saints fans" but changed it to stop poz getting excited. :) )

Agree with the keep the North Bank for home supporters only sentiment.  

Have the board heard of the phrase 'false economy' where it may save a few pounds per match, but pee off a lot of regular fans?

Vambo57 and pozbaird like this

Do the police costs for opening the North Stand not come into the equation?  They are treated by the polis as a big cash cow!!  Also do the local cops not still throw their weight about on what parts of the ground to open depending on the anticipated crowd.  If it's the police costs we're not talking about a few pounds!!

1 hour ago, rabuddies said:

Do the police costs for opening the North Stand not come into the equation?  They are treated by the polis as a big cash cow!!  Also do the local cops not still throw their weight about on what parts of the ground to open depending on the anticipated crowd.  If it's the police costs we're not talking about a few pounds!!

Police are on double time at the weekend no wonder stewards have taken over in numbers.  

8 hours ago, rabuddies said:

7 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Police are on double time at the weekend no wonder stewards have taken over in numbers.  

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

I haven't seen a police presence at the games recently. Not even outside the ground. Stewards seem to be doing the job.

Vambo57 likes this