Standing Area At St Mirren Park

W1 would be ideal to rip the seats out and make the whole block into a standing, singing, drumming and generally mental area for those Buddies wishing to be involved. 

Money well spent on the reconstruction. 

Maybe use the free  Corner space for additional facilities. 

Thanks for giving me the idea, Doakes. 

W1 would be ideal to rip the seats out and make the whole block into a standing, singing, drumming and generally mental area for those Buddies http://www.ronn-ballantyne.com/Carol+Tam/content/Wedding_142_large.html to be involved. 

Not for me it wouldn't. I am very happy with my seat in W1 being on the 1st row near the back. Who the F are you to say fans should be moved from the seats they have sat in for years ?

5 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Not for me it wouldn't. I am very happy with my seat in W1 being on the 1st row near the back. Who the F are you to say fans should be moved from the seats they have sat in for years ?

Shull 

All those Season Ticket holders in W1, not wishing or able to stand could be relocated with suitable compensation. 

I would say a Free Season Ticket elsewhere in the Stadium. Maybe also free bevvy in the 1877 Club for a Match. 

Plenty ways to compensate. 

Any standing area should be in W6/7, the ugly sisters have been standing in there since the ground opened. One thing i would say about funding of such an area, no way should it come out of SMiSA funds as it will cost a fortune, members might vote to spend the £2 pot on it but it would take up a couple of £2 pot spends at least.

If it does get proposed and voted in, then my SMiSA subscription would stop immediately, it would also stop immediately if any gable end mural work gets voted in.

2 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Wasn't it looked at, but the cost a relaying the steps would be too much? Something to do with the depth of then?

Yes it was looked at and yes the steps for the seating are not suitable for a standing area, it would cost a lot of money to rebuild any area to accomodate those who wish to stand.

I think the club should have an online poll about any major changes to the ground, find out how many would use it and what extra they would be willing to pay to use it. I would be surprised if there were any more than 50 people who would wish to stand at our matches.

I would love to see 'safe standing' introduced ( leaving a gap here for the attempts at a funny mob )

My idea would be ( if ever it could be afforded ) to remove the back 6 rows the full length of the Westbank allowing the front 8 rows ( I think ) to sit enabling standing/singing in all areas W1-W7 creating a better atmosphere the full length of the stand.

But then again, I'm shite at ideas :D

Any standing area should be in W6/7, the ugly sisters have been standing in there since the ground opened. One thing i would say about funding of such an area, no way should it come out of SMiSA funds as it will cost a fortune, members might vote to spend the £2 pot on it but it would take up a couple of £2 pot spends at least.
If it does get proposed and voted in, then my SMiSA subscription would stop immediately, it would also stop immediately if any gable end mural work gets voted in.

Seriously mate???

You bought into the buy the buds / smisa thing to better the club, if things go to plan we and you as fans will be involved in the running of the club for many years to come, to pull your subs simply because an item you voted against gets passed by a democratic vote is petulant to say the least.

1 minute ago, Buddy Marvellous said:

Seriously mate???

You bought into the buy the buds / smisa thing to better the club, if things go to plan we and you as fans will be involved in the running of the club for many years to come, to pull your subs simply because an item you voted against gets passed by a democratic vote is petulant to say the least.

Yes i did buy into it and also was on the SMiSA board from the start of the process until this years AGM. If i withdraw my subs for any reason i will save them and put the money back in when it's needed to do what it's meant to be doing - buying shares and spending the £2 pot on meaningful projects, having standing sections and painting gable ends is not (in my opinion) a good use of my money. So i will keep it and put it back in when it is for a good project and not one that will actually cost the club money, standing areas need extra stewards and gable end paintings need maintained or they become faded and shabby looking. I will have my own wee independent supporters association i suppose.

57 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

Yes i did buy into it and also was on the SMiSA board from the start of the process until this years AGM. If i withdraw my subs for any reason i will save them and put the money back in when it's needed to do what it's meant to be doing - buying shares and spending the £2 pot on meaningful projects, having standing sections and painting gable ends is not (in my opinion) a good use of my money. So i will keep it and put it back in when it is for a good project and not one that will actually cost the club money, standing areas need extra stewards and gable end paintings need maintained or they become faded and shabby looking. I will have my own wee independent supporters association i suppose.

You have to laugh at your audacity and self importance.

You portray yourself as a high and mighty "supporter" and SMISA member but when things don't go your own way, or your brothers, you threaten to go in the huff.

Your opinion what is a good use or not is no more important than any other SMISA member and yet the majority, thank feck, don't go bleating about it when they see things they don't agree with.

Aye, for what it's worth I PM'd you when the SMISA proposal was close to completion with my opinion why I was concerned but, overall, was prepared to commit.

Unfortunately you had me on ignore so I, rather personally, decided to sway into the side that I wouldn't bother.

Well, I hope you are pleased as I'm sure you, and your brother, have put a few people off the idea, although that seems to be your next agenda.

Nothing has surprised me about this as it was pretty obvious from the outset that the idea of some people having some say in the control of out club who were less than capable was a certain worry.

Edited by faraway saint

5 hours ago, buddiecat said:

There is nothing more tedious than someone grandstanding for attention.

Why on earth do you think anyone cares whether you will stop your direct debit or not.

I thought I was the King of the pompous and self absorbed.

If you want that title my friend you will have a battle on your hands.

11 hours ago, shull said:

W1 would be ideal to rip the seats out and make the whole block into a standing, singing, drumming and generally mental area for those Buddies wishing to be involved. 

I didn't suggest this Shull... :ph34r:

All for the singing section, of course. But safe standing would be a waste of cash. Maybe once we're in the top 4 of the Premiership!

Location wise, we need to speak to the club first 

11 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You have to laugh at your audacity and self importance.

You portray yourself as a high and mighty "supporter" and SMISA member but when things don't go your own way, or your brothers, you threaten to go in the huff.

Your opinion what is a good use or not is no more important than any other SMISA member and yet the majority, thank feck, don't go bleating about it when they see things they don't agree with.

Aye, for what it's worth I PM'd you when the SMISA proposal was close to completion with my opinion why I was concerned but, overall, was prepared to commit.

Unfortunately you had me on ignore so I, rather personally, decided to sway into the side that I wouldn't bother.

Well, I hope you are pleased as I'm sure you, and your brother, have put a few people off the idea, although that seems to be your next agenda.

Nothing has surprised me about this as it was pretty obvious from the outset that the idea of some people having some say in the control of out club who were less than capable was a certain worry.

Well said!

Whoops...  just re-read it and going by your definitions of 'Audacity, Self Importance and High & Mighty' it seems to read as you describing yourself..! 

why anyone should read, value, comment on, or ignore any others view is up to them. Do you suggest we should go back through all your comments to see where your view comes over as any of the things you pinned above? Theres a fecking lot!

The biggest laugh though is that you never bothered to join Smisa, but now feel qualified to tell those who have been paying in, committing time and effort towards its success how they should, or shouldn't air their views! Forgive me whilst i have a good chortle at your 'bystander viewpoint'. You would probably be best leaving these things to people who have committed, and may have a better informed view of things, rather than leave yourself open to ridicule. But hey thats just my opinion as a Smisa member which I and I am sure Buddiecat intend to be infinitum.

do you jump on other saints fans who say, or have said after a bad season or string of results "thats it, am no renewing my ST" when we, and they, all know they will renew when the dust settles. Ach, sorry not going to games and that, you might not get it, like most others do.

Edited by Lord Pityme