Josh Todd signs 1 year extension

I don't want a 20 goal a season striker. Get one of those and they'll be off for an undisclosed sum before you can get down to the stadium and ask for their name on yer' shirt. No, better off with multiple players who can maybe chip in with 10 goals each, sail under the radar, don't attract the attention of Sheffield United or Dagenham and Fcuking Redbridge...

Edited by pozbaird

20 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

We had three of those this season. One has gone, one is rumoured to be attracting attention and one is John Sutton.

Fcuk sake. We're doomed. OK, 11 players, including O'Brien, chipping in with 3 goals each. 

You can't worry about having a good player in case we lose him. If I was offered a night with Rachel Riley, I wouldn't turn her down just because I'd be unlikely to keep hold of her...

If good players come our way, do well and move on, that's fine. It's football. Unless you're Real or Barca, there's always a bigger fish.

Anyway, pleased JT has signed on again.

4 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

You can't worry about having a good player in case we lose him. If I was offered a night with Rachel Riley, I wouldn't turn her down just because I'd be unlikely to keep hold of her...

If good players come our way, do well and move on, that's fine. It's football. Unless you're Real or Barca, there's always a bigger fish.

Anyway, pleased JT has signed on again.

Would be nice to get Rachel Riley tied to a long term deal though. :wub:

Another good bit of business by Ross. Todd's preference is to play centre and that is where he is most effective. I would definitely try him out in the Mallan role could be a ready made replacement. 

Edited by Ethan
Mistake

Fcuk sake. We're doomed. OK, 11 players, including O'Brien, chipping in with 3 goals each. 

You only want us to score 33 goals next season?

Our defence better tighten up so we can sing........one nil to the Saint Mirren......one nil to the Saint Mirren......

• 4 months later...

Another added to the list (from OS) ...

St Mirren manager Jack Ross has confirmed that Josh Todd will undergo surgery on his shoulder next week. 

The 24 year-old midfielder suffered a dislocated shoulder during pre-season training and aggravated the injury in Sunday's 3-1 win over Queen of the South.

All at St Mirren wish Josh a safe and speedy recovery. 

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

St Mirren manager Jack Ross has confirmed that Josh Todd will undergo surgery on his shoulder next week. 

The 24 year-old midfielder suffered a dislocated shoulder during pre-season training and aggravated the injury in Sunday's 3-1 win over Queen of the South.

That's a real shame for the lad . Looked pretty decent on Sunday. 

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Might not see him back this season? With recovery and rehab thats the best part of six months. Looked good on Sunday too.

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

I think he will be back a lot sooner than that.. lets wait and see..

51 minutes ago, madball said:

Pretty sure Kyle gave the update earlier on Twitter that he was expected to be out for 12 weeks

Going on the fact it's a re-occurence of an injury that now requires surgery, so he has to be very careful about when to comeback, hopefully sooner than later for the lad

47 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Going on the fact it's a re-occurence of an injury that now requires surgery, so he has to be very careful about when to comeback, hopefully sooner than later for the lad

Surgery is necessary - we saw what happened without that.. the body heals quickly in most of these type of surgery's..

Josh out for 12 weeks. Feel so sorry for him as he was taking the chance he was given. Hopefully back in less time....

Following the disappointment of losing Josh Todd to injury, St Mirren boss Jack Ross has revealed the midfielder will be out for 12 weeks.

Todd suffered a reoccurence of a dislocated shoulder on Sunday, which he originally suffered in pre-season.

Having allowed the injury to heal naturally, Ross has confirmed that Todd will now go under the knife in a bid to prevent it happening again.

Ross told the Paisley Daily Express: “We knew there was potential for this to happen after he had the first injury.

“At the time we both made the decision that we would try the original form of rehab.

"He worked very hard at it but it doesn’t really matter now what he does, he just needs to have surgery on his shoulder.

“We don’t want it to pop out again so he will have the surgery on Monday and he will begin his rehab from there.

“He will be out for about 12 weeks, so that’s disappointing.”

• 5 months later...
7 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Gone to QoS on emergency loan for the rest of the season. Hope he does well - they've still to play Utd (twice including tonight) and Livi  so hopefully he can help us out.

Hopefully he does well and his injuries are now behind him. 

6 hours ago, Soctty said:

Gone to QoS on emergency loan for the rest of the season. Hope he does well - they've still to play Utd (twice including tonight) and Livi  so hopefully he can help us out.

One of the impressive features of JR's tenure has been his ability to save a few quid :rolleyes: by loaning out players who are not in his immediate first team plans.

Good luck to Todd and maybe as you say he can still do us a wee turn!

Todd starts for QotS tonight, as James Brown sings - Please, Please, Please!

Edited by Bud the Baker