Celtic set record

faraway saint

If Celtic don't lose this weekend they will have gone unbeaten all season.

Last time this was done was 1899.

Also, if they score 2 goals or more will set the record for most goals in a season.

Also, if they draw or win, will have reached the most points in a season.

Also, phew, if they win, they will set the record for most wins in a season.

Not bad for Brendan. :clapping

Yes congratulations to the Paranoids. A truly fantastic achievement considering the handicaps they have had to endure. Apparently every 50:50 refereeing decision went against them all season, they had no luck in any game they played and all Scottish football officials are Masonic Orangemen. :wacko:

2 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Hopefully they did it playing 'the Celtic way'.

Although, I'm not sure what other style of football you're supposed to adopt when the majority of games in your history have been against teams with vastly inferior resources.

Leicester City. :rolleyes:

Aberdeen. :rolleyes:

Could go on.

While you, OBVIOUSLY, have a point, the possible records that could be set this season are, well, records.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Leicester City. :rolleyes:

Aberdeen. :rolleyes:

Could go on.

While you, OBVIOUSLY, have a point, the possible records that could be set this season are, well, records.

Don't know what Leicester and Aberdeen have got to do with me. I'm not even talking about records.

I'v just taken the opportunity to mock those who wax lyrical about the traditional swashbuckling Celtic style of play.

Which is easy to adopt when you've been mismatched with inferior opposition in most of the matches you've ever played.

11 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Don't know what Leicester and Aberdeen have got to do with me. I'm not even talking about records.

I'v just taken the opportunity to mock those who wax lyrical about the traditional swashbuckling Celtic style of play.

Which is easy to adopt when you've been mismatched with inferior opposition in most of the matches you've ever played.

Ok, I was just pointing out that there has always been a lop sided advantage to teams in every league.

You focus on inferior opposition, Leicester and Aberdeen would have been seen as exactly that.

Do I need to explain everything?

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Ok, I was just pointing out that there has always been a lop sided advantage to teams in every league.

You focus on inferior opposition, Leicester and Aberdeen would have been seen as exactly that.

Do I need to explain everything?

So, I'll have one last go.

In my throwaway comment I was talking about nothing else other than those who revel in the fact that Celtic play attacking football.

In the context of the whole history of their club, I would say that's no surprise because in the majority of the games they've played in those 100+ years, they've been up against teams who are nowhere near as good as them. 

I'm not talking about records, or who wins leagues, or what leagues are lop sided or any other teams.

I'm talking about the style of play Celtic are associated with, and the context within which they use that style of play.

10 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

So, I'll have one last go.

In my throwaway comment I was talking about nothing else other than those who revel in the fact that Celtic play attacking football.

In the context of the whole history of their club, I would say that's no surprise because in the majority of the games they've played in those 100+ years, they've been up against teams who are nowhere near as good as them. 

I'm not talking about records, or who wins leagues, or what leagues are lop sided or any other teams.

I'm talking about the style of play Celtic are associated with, and the context within which they use that style of play.

Aye, ok.

A Team with more money than the other 41 Clubs combined wins the League and remain unbeaten. 

Big fecking deal. 

I would expect them too and to do the same next Season also. 

Not an achievement. 

If Boring Boring Brendan done the same while being Caley Thistles Manager, with their budget, I would say. 

Congratulations. 

Celtic - Tainted Titles since 1888

Funded by sectarianism 

10 minutes ago, shull said:

A Team with more money than the other 41 Clubs combined wins the League and remain unbeaten. 

Big fecking deal. 

I would expect them too and to do the same next Season also. 

Not an achievement. 

If Boring Boring Brendan done the same while being Caley Thistles Manager, with their budget, I would say. 

Congratulations. 

Celtic - Tainted Titles since 1888

Funded by sectarianism 

:lol: