Cammy Smith

Just watched a few videos of our performances since January.

This lad was outstanding. It is a cliché to talk about covering every blade of grass, but this lad did.

II think he should be top of the list for players to keep.

Probably not a straight forward process as there might be a development fee required.

Plus, teams in the top league will surely be interested.

Would be a real coup if we could sign him, if Aberdeen release him.

Edited by FTOF

If Aberdeen release Cammy Smith then I would be quite confident he will sign a 1 year contract with the buds.

I think Jack Ross has built up a terrific relationship with a number of the players and they will feel a year at the buds could improve them and their careers.

There is something special slowly but surely building at St Mirren Park these days and I think a few of the players like O'Brien and Davis will really fancy being part of that next season.

28 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

If Aberdeen release Cammy Smith then I would be quite confident he will sign a 1 year contract with the buds.

I think Jack Ross has built up a terrific relationship with a number of the players and they will feel a year at the buds could improve them and their careers.

There is something special slowly but surely building at St Mirren Park these days and I think a few of the players like O'Brien and Davis will really fancy being part of that next season.

Even if Aberdeen release him there is a development fee involved like there was with McGinn. 

However, we have some bargaining leeway with Aberdeen in the shape of Kenny McLean's 10% sell on clause. 

In real terms Aberdeen will get £1m tops for Kenny if he moves on this summer. I'd quite like to see us going to Aberdeen and saying we'll waive the sell on percentage for Kenny if they waive the development fee for Cammy. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Even if Aberdeen release him there is a development fee involved like there was with McGinn. 

However, we have some bargaining leeway with Aberdeen in the shape of Kenny McLean's 10% sell on clause. 

In real terms Aberdeen will get £1m tops for Kenny if he moves on this summer. I'd quite like to see us going to Aberdeen and saying we'll waive the sell on percentage for Kenny if they waive the development fee for Cammy. 

There's only a development fee if they offer him a contract and he then rejects it.

So I wouldn't offer to waive anything just now.

39 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

No there isn't 

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I am a real fan of Cammy. Fantasic workrate and attitude and no little skill. However I doubt I would be willing to pay £100,000 for him.

I think of there is a dev fee involved we may be able to do something similar with aberdeen as we did with the signings of carey and McGowan from celtic. We something like a 50% clause of a sell on fee that celtic would receive if we sold either on.

Wouldn't Aberdeen need to offer a new contract to Smith before being able to ask for a development fee?

He's 22 in August and has scored 3 top flight goals, he'd be nowhere near their first team and he's a bit old to sign and loan out.

At this stage I'd say Smith is a Championship player, I'd be happy to resign him but wouldn't pay anything.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Wouldn't Aberdeen need to offer a new contract to Smith before being able to ask for a development fee?

He's 22 in August and has scored 3 top flight goals, he'd be nowhere near their first team and he's a bit old to sign and loan out.

At this stage I'd say Smith is a Championship player, I'd be happy to resign him but wouldn't pay anything.

Yes. We are going round in circles here there is no development fee required.

5 hours ago, Sonny said:

I am a real fan of Cammy. Fantasic workrate and attitude and no little skill. However I doubt I would be willing to pay £100,000 for him.

What's missing is goals. That might come or he might turn into a better Dougie Imrie.

20 minutes ago, David Mc said:

Hope to be proved wrong but he's never going to be a big goalscorer. More sense in concentrating on being the best possible wide midfielder.

Could drop deep and be the new Stevie Mallan. Although more likely the new Paul McGowan

Could drop deep and be the new Stevie Mallan. Although more likely the new Paul McGowan

I'm sure he could play there, but I wouldn't change his role in the slightest. Was brilliant for us, we were a far better team with him playing. Let Magennis step into his natural position to replace Mallan, sign a natural right winger or play Todd.

21 hours ago, Drew said:

Just watched a few videos of our performances since January.

This lad was outstanding. It is a cliché to talk about covering every blade of grass, but this lad did.

II think he should be top of the list for players to keep.

Very talented boy

Guest TPAFKATS
Would love to see this boy stay. Made a huge difference to us up front in the 2nd half of the season. His lack of goals will probably have kept him below the radar of other clubs. Could work in our favour. The goals will come, remember Mehmet!!??

He's looks a much better player than Billy nae goals [emoji6]