Andy Ryan

Stu

33 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

He was watched bya few clubs last season, which ended about two months ago.  I don't think there can be much of a bidding war going on at this stage of the game?

Wants to stay in the west of Scotland in the meantime, very quick looks like a JR type of player and might well end up a snip at 50k and a 20% sell on 

1 hour ago, class of 76-77 said:

If clubs like Plymouth are interested then 75k is nothing to the likes of them, I can't see him coming to us if bigger outfits are in for him.

Wages are everything Vince lets be honest. B . But would he walk into the first team of Plymouth ? Who knows  what I think is Jack Ross will make him a better player. Being honest i would be very surprised if we payed £75,000. 

Bizarre. Do you expect 5 or 6 prolific seasons from a guy who is 22? Quite simply, anyone prolific for a sustained period is out of our range. So guys who are on the back of a good season or two are our exact target range. 

[emoji23] No I don't expect 5 or 6 prolific seasons. I'm pointing out a fact mate. I'll reserve judgement til I've seen the lad play a few times. Cheers.

41 minutes ago, Iamhammer said:

Wants to stay in the west of Scotland in the meantime, very quick looks like a JR type of player and might well end up a snip at 50k and a 20% sell on 

9 minutes ago, paulsmfc said:

You couldn't guess what I expect or think

Just because we give in to shit deals for our players regards sell on clauses etc don't mean to say airdrie will ...most clubs prefer cash upfront now...tell me a time a daft sell on clause has done us any good turns ??? 

38 minutes ago, Scotia83 said:

Just because we give in to shit deals for our players regards sell on clauses etc don't mean to say airdrie will ...most clubs prefer cash upfront now...tell me a time a daft sell on clause has done us any good turns ??? 

Airdrie definitely would want cash up front if this rumour ever got off the ground . According to their fans on Pie and Bovril , they are in possible financial difficulties . This would possibly explain this rumour being reported on today .

7 hours ago, munoz said:

Airdrie definitely would want cash up front if this rumour ever got off the ground . According to their fans on Pie and Bovril , they are in possible financial difficulties . This would possibly explain this rumour being reported on today .

Airdrie are at deaths door apparently. Chairman not been present for months before calling an EGM,  Cash flow issues, no manager, not selling season tickets in the worry that they won't be able to fulfill their fixtures. 

They will want cash up front but we're in a strong position to negotiate. 

16 minutes ago, David Mc said:

Harsh IMO.  The first I saw has hit hard and early into the far corner and the second he was badly exposed by his defence.  

He'll do ok for us , I trust JRs judgement , but the first one I felt he was close enough to the ball to get something on it , 2nd one I thought he should have commanded the situation better !

9 minutes ago, billyg said:

He'll do ok for us , I trust JRs judgement , but the first one I felt he was close enough to the ball to get something on it , 2nd one I thought he should have commanded the situation better !

Wouldn't disagree about the second.  He was utterly shafted by his defence though.  Thoughts on Ryan's strong preference for his left foot.  Think he's got enough to prosper if defenders at this level cover his left foot?

Ryan's one of those type of guys who have haunted us through the years. Is he good enough for our level and above ? Others have managed it , some others haven't. I still get the feeling JR will hold out for Loy , or another more experienced guy on loan!

Agree.  Ryan is more likely to be a back up option especially if we need to shell out anywhere near £50K.  Though the manager has an abundantly better grasp of Ryan's capabilities and probably the extent of Airdrie's current financial predicament than me.

One of Rory Loy's strongest attributes was his ability to get a shot away from a narrow angle and always be there or thereabouts when aiming for that far post. Ryan certainly seems to be good at that as well going from the goals video. 

He's got a talented left foot on him by the looks of things and a few very nice finishes with his right as well. 

Could certainly be exciting watching him feed off some of the quality wide deliveries we can provide. 

Edited by djchapsticks

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

One of Rory Loy's strongest attributes was his ability to get a shot away from a narrow angle and always be there or thereabouts when aiming for that far post. Ryan Jack certainly seems to be good at that as well going from the goals video. 

He's got a talented left foot on him by the looks of things and a few very nice finishes with his right as well. 

Could certainly be exciting watching him feed off some of the quality wide deliveries we can provide. 

Are we in for him too??

Airdrie fans are saying that the threat of insolvency is very real.

They are not selling season tickets because of this, and you would have to think selling their best asset for 75K is probably only papering over the cracks in financial terms.

Im guessing most of Scottish football will be aware hence the price tag announcement in yesterday's press. 

It looks like Airdrie might have to accept less than 75k given their precarious position.

I van think of 2.

1 Paul McGowan
2 Graham Carey

According to the rumours if we sold either we were to pay Celtic 50% of the fee. We didn't sell either therefore got 2/3 seasons out of 2 very good players for free.