Andy Ryan

Stu

13 hours ago, Scotia83 said:

Just because we give in to shit deals for our players regards sell on clauses etc don't mean to say airdrie will ...most clubs prefer cash upfront now...tell me a time a daft sell on clause has done us any good turns ??? 

I you were or are part of the supporters buy out, how would you tackle players contracts and sell on. Remembering you have players, staff , bills, overheads etc etc to pay. 

6 hours ago, Hambud said:

I van think of 2.

1 Paul McGowan
2 Graham Carey

According to the rumours if we sold either we were to pay Celtic 50% of the fee. We didn't sell either therefore got 2/3 seasons out of 2 very good players for free.

So did we benefit financially from having sell on clauses in Mcgowan and Carey ?? And what happened they ran there contracts down and walked Away ...neither us or Celtic received any cash !

IMO I think Andy Ryan would be a really good investment. There is a good potential there for him to turn into a better player playing within a better team.

Obviously early doors in his career but signs are there that he could progress well.

Dropped down the leagues to prove himself to get that chance to move back up.

I would be really happy if we were to sign him.

2 year deal with year option (before anyone says that's a big risk, every player we sign is a risk cause you never know exactly how they are going to turn out to be like)

So did we benefit financially from having sell on clauses in Mcgowan and Carey ?? And what happened they ran there contracts down and walked Away ...neither us or Celtic received any cash !

You never mentioned financially. They definitely did us a 'turn' as you put it.

On Sunday, July 02, 2017 at 0:46 AM, munoz said:

Airafter alldrie definitely would want cashsowont if this rumour ever got off the ground . According to their fans on Pie and Bovril , they are in possible financial difficulties . This would possibly explain this rumour being reported on today .

Airdrie fan told me today they will be bailed out by supporters trust at a meeting tomorrOw So may not be any bargain besement buys avaiable

Edited by Danny

16 minutes ago, Danny said:

Airdrie fan told me today they will be bailed out by supporters trust at a meeting tomorrOw So may not be any bargain besement buys avaiable

Haven't they previously loaned the club money ? If so , can't see any more money being given as a gift . If so , they may be even more keen to sell some assets to pay off the trust ? 

10 hours ago, Danny said:

They'd still be grateful for pretty much any cash going, though. If it's the difference between financial survival and keeping hold of a player (who will likely be one of their top earners) they'd surely go for the long-term stability of the club.

If Ryan is catching the eye of a few clubs, and Airdrie are desperate for a cash injection, of course they'll hold out for what they can get. How long they can hold out is something only they will know.

I Think the more relevant question is how keen Jack Ross is to bring him in. With Reilly having signed, I wonder about that. We missed out on Loy, but he is proven at this level, and JR knew that he was a good fit. Not so, Ryan.

I'm not convinced that we would be willing to pay more than a nominal fee for the player. There is some time to go in terms of the window, and other options will become available. My guess (and it is only that) is that JR won't want to throw everything at this one.

56 minutes ago, Drew said:

If Ryan is catching the eye of a few clubs, and Airdrie are desperate for a cash injection, of course they'll hold out for what they can get. How long they can hold out is something only they will know.

I Think the more relevant question is how keen Jack Ross is to bring him in. With Reilly having signed, I wonder about that. We missed out on Loy, but he is proven at this level, and JR knew that he was a good fit. Not so, Ryan.

I'm not convinced that we would be willing to pay more than a nominal fee for the player. There is some time to go in terms of the window, and other options will become available. My guess (and it is only that) is that JR won't want to throw everything at this one.

Agree with this. I think we'll hold out for something more proven at our level or above, whether it's a permanent deal or a loan.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Livi fans seem to believe they are front runners to sign RYan. Allege asking price is now £45k

I imagine they wouldn't be able to compete with us financially. Only way I can see him going there is if we drop our interest.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

Livingston fan on pie&bovril claiming that Andy Ryan is on £1300 a week at Airdrie, and that he wants Livi to match his wage if they want to sign him.

No wonder Airdrie are going out the game if that's the case

More likely £130 per week

Airdrie will be looking for a transfer fee for Ryan