Andy Ryan

Stu

2 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

Livingston fan on pie&bovril claiming that Andy Ryan is on £1300 a week at Airdrie, and that he wants Livi to match his wage if they want to sign him.

I very much doubt that . Most championship clubs won't be paying anywhere near that .

if it is true , maybe that's the reason they can't afford to bring a manager in .

Heard he had been offered to us for £45K but we are not biting.

Edit to add: I cannot believe Airdrie are paying Ryan £1300 a week. They have been in financial meltdown the last couple of years losing money hand over fist. They even stayed full-time in a part-time league with a very poor support. If and its a big IF Ryan was on £1300 a week then no-one in Scotland would match these wages for a third tier unproven player.

Edited by Sonny

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

Heard he had been offered to us for £45K but we are not biting.

Edit to add: I cannot believe Airdrie are paying Ryan £1300 a week. They have been in financial meltdown the last couple of years losing money hand over fist. They even stayed full-time in a part-time league with a very poor support. If and its a big IF Ryan was on £1300 a week then no-one in Scotland would match these wages for a third tier unproven player.

I know you are  not one for making up a story intrersted where you got his salary figure from does seem a bit unrealistic. Will be intresting to see how he plays on Saturday. 

12 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I know you are  not one for making up a story intrersted where you got his salary figure from does seem a bit unrealistic. Will be intresting to see how he plays on Saturday.

8 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Just had a look at his stats 32 games with Airdrie 23 goals scored last season. Season before with Forfar 16 starts 9 goals scored. Sounds a bit of a goal machine.

Some Livi fans have been talking for weeks that they are signing Ryan and one of them quoted £1300 being the stumbling block.

His goal scoring record is excellent and I would take a chance on him but maybe not as the highest paid player in our squad until at least he proves himself at Championship level. His goals have all been against part-time teams with him as a full-time player. Championship squads are a different proposition. Ryan did score 23 goals last season but Kirkpatrick scored 14 and Ross Stewart 12 in the same League.

20 minutes ago, Saint Garf said:

If Andy Ryan was/is on £1,300 a week, Airdrie deserve all they get. Don't believe it for a second to be fair.

I too struggle to believe that Ryan is on that money but several posters have claimed it is true. The theory was that last year Airdrie would have a couple of top players on a 'decent' wage and the rest of the squad were on minimum wage. The hope being that the few 'top' players would make all the difference. Obviously it didn't work out and are now saddled with a couple of players on excellent wages. Allegedly.

He's not good enough but in his mind he's clearly too good for Airdrie. 
Body language stinks, clearly not a team player. 
If he's on the money mentioned in this thread then there's something dodgy going on. 

Agree with this

Hasn't been up for the game at all. Dreadful

11 minutes ago, andrew87 said:

Ryan is on £500 a week according to an Airdrie fan I know. Maybe £1300 is what he is looking for from Livvy

The very best of luck to him if Livingston are willing to pay stupid money they don't have.  Then again Livi have previous for spending large amounts of cash they don't have, cheating bastards.

On today's showing there is no way that Airdrie will get 45k for Ryan.

1 hour ago, davidg said:

He's not good enough but in his mind he's clearly too good for Airdrie. 

Body language stinks, clearly not a team player. 

If he's on the money mentioned in this thread then there's something dodgy going on. 

Is his father on the board. :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Many of our fans have expressed concerns about our back 4, if Ryan was that good he would have impressed today, he didn't and didn't really trouble our defence much at all.

Good pen though .

50 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone hit a penalty kick four feet wide of target before Ryan's today.

Memorable for that if nothing else.

I remember Gardner Speirs putting a penalty 'miles' wide of the post against Motherwell at the Love Street end in the 1980's. Something makes me think it might have been the game in which Aber got 3 red cards.

Andy Ryan? No thanks. I'd much rather try to get someone like Jack Aitchison on loan from Septic.