Andy Ryan

Stu

The Sun is reporting we could use some of the Mallan money to sign Andy Ryan from Airdrie. Former Hamilton youngster who is under contract for another year, scored 27 goals last season and nine goals in 16 for Forfar in the first half of 2016.

Sounds decent, seems a few clubs are in for him though. We'd need to pay a fee or maybe we could swap him for Hutton... :lol:

Edited by Stu

On one hand it saddens me that we are looking at guys that have been released by a Diddy club like Hamilton but on the other hand that's how we got Sir Jim Goodwin.

I also remembered that they get millions and millions for every player that comes through their youth system so he could be worth a few bob in the future.

18 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

Airdrie fans on the pie & bovril site are saying that the lad Ryan can easily make the step up to the championship and score goals. 

Not seen or heard anything more about this. Maybe Neil's been on the bong again? :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

I was told a couple of weeks ago by an Airdrie fan that this deal was done. No idea where he got his information, but he seemed pretty certain. All gone quiet since then, but I suppose the guy's probably on Holiday. Sounds promising, I'd be quite happy if this one happened.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

In the paper today St Mirren are leading the chase for Andy Ryan Airdrie have slapped a £75,000 price tag on him. 

A risk worth taking. £75k isn't a huge amount in the grand scheme of things and there aren't many young guys in Scottish football who are scoring goals regularly.  

£75k would be the equivalent of more than 5 months of the SMISA subs .  (I think... - after a recount... :rolleyes: )

It IS too much, considering he would probably also want a wage on top of that.

There are other players...

Edited by antrin
self- doubt

2 hours ago, paulsmfc said:

And if the stats are to be believed, chat of his goal scoring prowess is based one and a half good seasons

Bizarre. Do you expect 5 or 6 prolific seasons from a guy who is 22?

Quite simply, anyone prolific for a sustained period is out of our range. So guys who are on the back of a good season or two are our exact target range.