Squad: Season 17-18

22 May 2017

Thought it may be useful to have one thread for the confirmed Ins and Outs for next season (first team squad).

Players mentioned in the OS for not having their contracts renewed are, at the moment, Webster, Stewart and Gordon. Mallan transferred to Barnsley.

Players who are definitely here, at the moment,  are Eckersley, Baird, Morgan, Magennis, McGinn, Todd, Hutton, Quinn and Sutton.

(It is assumed that Irvine has started enough games for another 1 year deal but that has not been confirmed.)

So with 0 keepers, 2 defenders, and only 1 striker there are still plenty of places up for grabs.

Look at the team + subs we put out against Hibs

• 21O'Brien (yts)
  • 6Mackenzie
  • 15Baird
  • 3Irvine (Staying on Miss Saints say so!)
  • 44Eckersley
  • 22McGinn
  • 10Mallan (Sadly, gone)
  • 16Loy (yts)
  • 11Smith
  • 42Magennis
  • 17Morgan

Substitutes

• 1Langfield
  • 2Demetriou (yts)
  • 4Webster (gone)
  • 8Quinn
  • 9Sutton
  • 23Fjelde (yts)
  • 25Todd

10 out of 18 signed up so far while some of our nearest rivals have yet to announce any business! Can only strengthen JR's hand when it comes to remaining negotiations.

Like I've always said get the bulk of your business done early but keep a couple of wages back for August when we'll see what players become available as the deadline approaches.

With Smith that's 11 out of 18 and 7 of the starting 11 which were the form team in the division towards the end of the season.

If we're all happy that Irvine is staying then that's 12 out of 18 and 8 out of 11!

Edited by Bud the Baker

Signing these two so early is a real statement of intent and should encourage others to re-sign or join from elsewhere. Even at this stage we could put out a decent team:

------------Langfield-------------

Irvine Baird MacKenzie Eckersley

Todd Magennis McGinn Morgan

---------Smith Sutton----------

Irvine

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

22 May 2017

Thought it may be useful to have one thread for the confirmed Ins and Outs for next season (first team squad).

Players mentioned in the OS for not having their contracts renewed are, at the moment, Webster, Stewart and Gordon. Mallan transferred to Barnsley.

Players who are definitely here, at the moment,  are Eckersley, Baird, Morgan, Magennis, McGinn, Todd, Hutton, Quinn and Sutton.

(It is assumed that Irvine has started enough games for another 1 year deal but that has not been confirmed.)

So with 0 keepers, 2 defenders, and only 1 striker there are still plenty of places up for grabs.

I'm sure this was confirmed almost immediately

4 minutes ago, Miss Saint said:

Irvine

I'm sure this was confirmed almost immediately

OK Miss. The consensus of opinion is that Gary I is here for another year. McGinn confirmed his extension on the OS but there is nothing about Irvine but we'll assume he is still here.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

OK Miss. The consensus of opinion is that Gary I is here for another year. McGinn confirmed his extension on the OS but there is nothing about Irvine but we'll assume he is still here.

I'm sure in one of Jack's interviews he mentioned it. Well we'll just decide he is staying and that's that:thumbs2

1.       Jamie Langfield – Extended 2018  

2.       Stelios Demetriou – Contract up/ year option 

3.       Gary Irvine – Contract up/ year option 

4.       Andy Webster – Released

5.       Ben Gordon – Released

6.       Gary Mackenzie – Extended 2018

7.       David Clarkson – Contract up

8.       Rocco Quinn – 2018

9.       John Sutton – 2018

10.   Stephen Mallan – Transfer out

11.   Cammy Smith – Extended 2019

12.   None

13.   None

14.   Kyle Hutton – 2018 

15.   Jack Baird – Extended 2018

16.   Rory Loy – Loan

17.   Lewis Morgan – 2018

18.   Lewis McLear – 2018

19.   Jordan Stewart – Released

20.   Craig Storie – Loan 

21.   Billy O’Brien – Loan 

22.   Stephen McGinn – Year option 2018

23.   Pal Fjelde – Contract up/ year option

24.   Harry Davis – Loan

25.   Josh Todd – Extended 2018

42.   Kyle Magennis – 2019

44.   Adam Eckersley – Extended 2019

Under 20s

28.   Reece Wilson GK

30.   Greig McNaughton DF

31.   Nathan Flanagan MF

32.   Dylan McKendry DF

33.   Craig Johnston FW

34.   Kalvin Orsi DF

35.   Darren Whyte MF

36.   Connor O’Keefe MF

37.   Mark Morrison DF

38.   Luke Barclay MF

39.   Andrew McDonald DF

40.   Cameron MacPherson MF

41.   Lee Fawkes MF

43.   Chris Hendry GK

44.   Ryan Watters FW

3 minutes ago, pod said:

Pal Fjelde – Contract up/ year option.     Don't think it's being taken up.

Aye, shame for the big lad. Never really got a look in, so not sure if he could have done a job. Jack and James saw him at close quarters for a few months though, so I trust their judgement.

24 minutes ago, pod said:

Pal Fjelde – Contract up/ year option.     Don't think it's being taken up.

yeah, just saying that's what he had but haven't heard if he's away or taking the option.  Likely he'll be away but just left it like that until official. 

I know Davies is injured for a bit but I'd like to think he would be worth a gamble? I'm sure he will get offer elsewhere but maybe a one ur deal could be mutually attractive?

and how important do you think is to the promotion train next year or are other options available?

5 minutes ago, juan sanshoe said:

Not sure what the situation is with Lewis Morgan, but I'd like to see him get a new contract to take him beyond the next 12 months.

I'll just be delighted if we get to the 31st August and he's still a St. Mirren player!

I'd love him to extend but can't see it unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong.

Update 24 May: Magennis signs an extension until 2020 and we sign Ross Stewart, keeper, from Albion Rovers, for an undisclosed fee.

Jordan Kirkpatrick signs from Alloa.

Edited by Sonny

On 5/22/2017 at 2:33 PM, bazil85 said:

I wonder when the club will come out with a statement with who is definitely going, including the U20s as well.  Would be good to know who we're waiting on. 

I`m perfectly happy that the management team are concentrating on who`s staying (or joining )at the moment!

2 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I`m perfectly happy that the management team are concentrating on who`s staying (or joining )at the moment!

I'm thinking more along the lines of the U20s and first team players won't be retained so we aren't looking for them getting signed. What's wrong with that? more or less every other club do it. They've thrown out three names that won't be here got to think there will be more.