Magennis Extension

Led to believe Magennis has just signed an extension.

Had offers from Everton, QPR and Southampton but opted for first team football.

Some lad.

Delighted if this is true, he's going to be a star.

Was under contract already until summer 2019 though so any bids from other clubs would have been up to the club to reject rather than the player?

3 minutes ago, div said:

Under contract till 2020!!!

Brilliant news. This is the sort of thing we haven't been very good at over the years. Hope he got a good hike too, totally deserved!

I frggin love Gordon Scott, Jack Ross, James Fowler...I'm away to lie doon this change in oor club is too much for me...

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Kyle's going to be an absolute star for us. Getting him tied down until 2020 is fantastic news and another brilliant piece of business by a club who I am starting to struggle to recognise! :lol:

It's the one in Black and White. :wink: 

3 minutes ago, Miss Saint said:

Well there was nae need for that!

I meant we're all getting somewhat excited and enthusiastic.... it's a shock to the system. We need calmed down. This feelgod factor could give us heart attacks. :)

Edited by pozbaird

Just now, pozbaird said:

I meant we're all getting somewhat excited and enthusiastic.... it's a shock to the system. We need calmed down. This feelgod factor could give us heart attacks. :)

I know what ye meant but I'd rather be hyper than reminded of the £250 'deal' on season tickets - really wasnae impressed with that one!

anyhoo...positive thread...if yer happy and ye know it shake yer meds :D

Well I can say for certain that this Jersey Buddie (and I think I can speak for Jimmy H too) will be attending many more games next season than we did this. 

Shame Easyjet don't do gold cards! 

I moved to Jersey 31 years ago. My last game before I left was a 4-1 Scottish Cup defeat at Tynecastle the weekend before. When I came here I vowed that I would make it to at least 6 games a season. I kept this up for about 15 years until about 2001 when I started following Scotland to away games. Something had to give and my visits to watch the Buds dropped to one or two games a season. After the Levein debacle in Prague I vowed that my Scotland away days were over, but to be honest it's been a pretty lean time for being a Buds fan as well (league cup aside of course!) and my visits still didn't increase from the 1 or 2 a season and even then, more through duty than desire.

In all of those 31 years, this season was shaping up to be the first that I hadn't attended a single game. Then Jimmy H and I came up for the Irn Bru cup final. Not only did we have a ball but even though we didn't win I was so impressed by the team and even more so the fans. It was the best atmosphere I had been part of as a St. Mirren fan since 1987. For me it was even better than 2013.

After that day there was no way I was letting the season end without attending another game. I could think of no better game than the last game against Hibs and what a day it was.

I'm now 51 years old and thought I had finally turned into one of those cynical, bitter auld feckers I detested so much when I was a rosy cheeked optimistic teenager.

Thank you to JR and the team for restoring my passion and for ensuring that I will be at the very least reinstating my old vow from when I left all those years ago.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

McLean and Mallan were both extremely technically gifted players, with the eye for a pass, superb close control and great finishing. John McGinn didn't have the finishing they had but had strength to go with the technique.

Kyle Magennis has everything - pace, technique, strength, can put in a tackle, a good shot, close control - a complete midfielder. What a player he's going to be :wub:

Edited by JM1

Another outstanding bit of business by the club.

It lets the lad know just how much he is valued. Credit also due to Kyle, as it demonstrates his commitment.

Tremendous stuff.

Edited by Drew

12 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Well I can say for certain that this Jersey Buddie (and I think I can speak for Jimmy H too) will be attending many more games next season than we did this. 

I moved to Jersey 31 years ago. My last game before I left was a 4-1 Scottish Cup defeat at Tynecastle the weekend before. When I came here I vowed that I would make it to at least 6 games a season. I kept this up for about 15 years until about 2001 when I started following Scotland to away games. Something had to give and my visits to watch the Buds dropped to one or two games a season. After the Levein debacle in Prague I vowed that my Scotland away days were over, but to be honest it's been a pretty lean time for being a Buds fan as well (league cup aside of course!) and my visits still didn't increase from the 1 or 2 a season and even then, more through duty than desire.

In all of those 31 years, this season was shaping up to be the first that I hadn't attended a single game. Then Jimmy H and I came up for the Irn Bru cup final. Not only did we have a ball but even though we didn't win I was so impressed by the team and even more so the fans. It was the best atmosphere I had been part of as a St. Mirren fan since 1987. For me it was even better than 2013.

After that day there was no way I was letting the season end without attending another game. I could think of no better game than the last game against Hibs and what a day it was.

I'm now 51 years old and thought I had finally turned into one of those cynical, bitter auld feckers I detested so much when I was a rosy cheeked optimistic teenager.

Thank you to JR and the team for restoring my passion and for ensuring that I will be at the very least reinstating my old vow from when I left all those years ago.

Brilliant post :D

13 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Kin Glory Hunter