Kenny McLean

£100K for us if rumours of a 10% sell-on are to be believed.

Kenny is too classy a player for ranjurs, so I hope he goes to Birmingham, but the sell-on windfall for Saints is the most important thing.

Edited by Drew

4 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

It's only around £700k apparently which is why Harry smells a bargain. The blue bigots will have to dig deeper I think to outwit him I hope.

Aberdeen will be looking for a 7 figure sum. He is their most valuable asset now.

If it's a 10% sell on fee I'd be satisfied if he went for half a million. Anything else is a bonus. We could do with him and McGinn getting punted this summer so they don't leave for nothing next year and we end up with nothing.

Only worry is we only get a percentage of the profit, rather than the whole fee. Means the £200k (or whatever it was) comes off whatever Aberdeen receive and we get 10% of the difference rather than the overall fee. Quite a lot of deals are structured like that these days.

6 minutes ago, Stu said:

If it's a 10% sell on fee I'd be satisfied if he went for half a million. Anything else is a bonus. We could do with him and McGinn getting punted this summer so they don't leave for nothing next year and we end up with nothing.

Only worry is we only get a percentage of the profit, rather than the whole fee. Means the £200k (or whatever it was) comes off whatever Aberdeen receive and we get 10% of the difference rather than the overall fee. Quite a lot of deals are structured like that these days.

So if McLean was sold for less than what we sold him for, we would get nothing  :rolleyes:

47 minutes ago, Stu said:

It would have been ludicrous for the then board to have allowed that scenario given the low initial fee involved. A gentleman's agreement gone too far.

It would have been ludicrous for the then board to have allowed that scenario given the low initial fee involved. A gentleman's agreement gone too far.

Would fit in with the rest of that transfer deal then.

More and more deals are structured like that these days. Sure I read from our former chairman on Twitter the McGinn one will be similar if he gets sold.

Exactly this. Gentleman's agreement was fine for both parties - but not so Aberdeen could take advantage and get a free ride.

A 10% sell on clause is bog standard these days. If that's all the board got when handing him over in good will to Aberdeen then it is pathetic.

They done well with McGinn. I certainly won't be applauding 10% from this deal, never mind any less

Exactly this. Gentleman's agreement was fine for both parties - but not so Aberdeen could take advantage and get a free ride.

A 10% sell on clause is bog standard these days. If that's all the board got when handing him over in good will to Aberdeen then it is pathetic.

They done well with McGinn. I certainly won't be applauding 10% from this deal, never mind any less

Was either the gentleman agreement of McLean wouldn't of signed a new contract. We did right by a loyal player.

Was either the gentleman agreement of McLean wouldn't of signed a new contract. We did right by a loyal player.

Agreed. As I said already, I have no gripe with that gentlemens agreement, worked for both parties. But as we all know we gave him away cheaply to do the right thing - Aberdeen as the beneficiaries surely should not have been hard to deal with on a sell on clause?

Agreed. As I said already, I have no gripe with that gentlemens agreement, worked for both parties. But as we all know we gave him away cheaply to do the right thing - Aberdeen as the beneficiaries surely should not have been hard to deal with on a sell on clause?

The deal was if an offer came in for that amount we would sell. Why would Aberdeen put in a bigger sell on clause? It was either accept the offer that they had shook hands on or welch on the gentlemans agreement.

If we said no and demanded a bigger sell on it would have left him disenfranchised and would of had knock of impacts for other players.

On 2017-6-25 at 1:25 PM, David Mc said:

But do not rule out Birmingham I notice.

Greg Stewart on a seasons long loan at Pittodrie , do we get %10 of that , as I,m sure now it won't be long til Kenny goes down to Brum to join Harry . Wonder if we get a %10 cut of any sell on clause , should this transfer deal have a sell on clause .