Kenny McLean

7 hours ago, Kemp said:

Doubt he is that stupid, logical step is going to the English Championship where I am sure he will be paid quite well too.

Norwich are paying Naismith £50k per week and he can't get back into their team, I don't think it would be a hard choice choosing between Norwich or Rangers (who couldn't afford to buy Jamie Walker and can't match Accies price for Greg Docherty).

19 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Norwich are paying Naismith £50k per week and he can't get back into their team, I don't think it would be a hard choice choosing between Norwich or Rangers (who couldn't afford to buy Jamie Walker and can't match Accies price for Greg Docherty).

I find this hard to believe, if it's fact football is truly f**ked...

2 minutes ago, scrappy coco said:

I find this hard to believe, if it's fact football is truly f**ked...

"The forward had been keen to return to Scotland with his family and help any interested club meet Norwich's demand that they pay a fifth of his £50,000 per week wages." from this article:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42727133

I don't imagine they'll be offering Kenny that kind of money since they are signing him from Aberdeen rather than EPL club Everton... eyewatering to think Naismith is on £2m a year and couldn't get a game after he came back from injury.

55 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

If true this means a player who can not get a game for a mid table Championship team and is well past his best is on £2.6 million pounds a year!! St Mirrens TOTAL wage bill on last set of accounts was about £1.3 million I think. One average player in the Championship earns double the money of the whole St Mirren squad. Quite unbelievable!!!

Surely if this is true the bubble has got to burst in England sooner rather than later!!

Edited by Mr Optimistic

1 minute ago, Mr Optimistic said:

If true this means a player who can not get a game for a mid table Championship team and is well past his best is on £2.6 million pounds a year!! St Mirrens TOTAL wage bill on last set of accounts was about £1.3 million I think. One average player in the Championship earns double the money of the whole St Mirren squad. Quite unbelievable!!!

Surely if this is true the bubble has got to burst in England sooner or later!!

People have been saying that for 20 years, maybe more. 

As long as people gamble then I don't see it bursting.............................

5 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

As long as people gamble then I don't see it bursting.............................

2 minutes ago, David Mc said:

As long as the same number or more people keep paying as much to watch football on tv and devices really.

I suppose you are both right and many average footballers and even worse managers have become multi millionaires on the back of it. 

1 hour ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

How do you know this? I doubt he is on as much as this but I have no way of confirming it or not.

£50k per week is being widely quoted on Radio Scotland during discussion of his loan move to Hearts. The contract was signed when Norwich were in the top league and he's apparently Norwich's top earner at the moment thus why they're happy to show him the door. Kenny McLean probably looks at James Maddison who was at Aberdeen on loan and sees the impact he's made at Norwich while thinking yep, I'm better than him I'll have some of that thank you very much.

Sunderland midfielder Jack Rodwell says he is desperate to leave and get playing again - but the 26-year-old, who has three England caps, says he will not walk away from his £70,000-a-week contract. (Mail)

I think in desperation to stay up, a few club's have had to forgo a relegation clause to get established Premiership players to sign. 

1 hour ago, John Gotti said:

Sunderland midfielder Jack Rodwell says he is desperate to leave and get playing again - but the 26-year-old, who has three England caps, says he will not walk away from his £70,000-a-week contract. (Mail)

I think in desperation to stay up, a few club's have had to forgo a relegation clause to get established Premiership players to sign. 

Maybe when we are selling our young players in future we should stop asking for a % of future transfer fees and go for 1% of their pay! £70k a week for someone out the 1st team

15 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Maybe when we are selling our young players in future we should stop asking for a % of future transfer fees and go for 1% of their pay! £70k a week for someone out the 1st team

Sunderland over the last few years is a great example of how not to run a football club. And to think a former poster of this site used to hold them up as some sort of shining example...

14 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

A report on the radio about the impending Bitcoin crash said there is a market concept of the "Greater Fool"-so long as there is a bigger fool than you then the gamble will at least work out even.  the problems arise when the Greater Fools start to become extinct and you end up being the biggest fool in the current landscape.

1 hour ago, rabuddies said:

Interesting to see what effect the recent "truce" between BT and Sky will do to the prices paid in the next contract round.

Yep. Their viewing figures were receding a little bit, I think it was last year. Not surprising, really; the prices for a bit of telly are ridiculous. 

I might get BT sport if I can still get it cheap with broadband, but I'm really not that arsed.