League Cup Disgrace 2 Years on the Trot

15 hours ago, shull said:

Thankfully, I haven't purchased Tickets for the Airdrie United ( 2002 ) Match next week.

Fecking useless Club dinnae deserve our support.

Fecking humiliated in this Cup

Edinburgh City last year

And Livy & Thistle this year.

Next week now a Training Session.

BRING ON THE FALKIRK

I unfortunately already have bought my ticket to this game. Only positive I can think is we might see a few of the young players given a run out to see what level they're at. 

55 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I unfortunately already have bought my ticket to this game. Only positive I can think is we might see a few of the young players given a run out to see what level they're at. 

HOW VERY NEGATIVE OF YOU  :lol:

2 hours ago, buddiecat said:

Piss poor performance, Thistle just walked past us. You know you are in serious trouble when your manager comes out and states his players did not do what he asked them to. Jack is very good at talking, but not very good at managing i'm afraid.

Indeed.

He had no influence at all in managing our escape from relegation last season.

Totally understandable and an effect of the results so far.
People who have written off the league cup are blinkered in the extreme as this cup could be a major earner and bring early confidence that could carry on into the league.
As it stands we are heading into the league on the crest of a slump.
Time is running out to sign some quality as we seem to be saving the money we received from transfers for a rainy day. :rolleyes:
We are far from a disaster but we seem to be in a very similar position to last season, or previous seasons TBO.

I take your point but I don't think people are writing off this cup, I think it's more a case of , if we are going to have early season issues that we'd rather take them in this cup than first 4 league games.

22 minutes ago, billyg said:

He can only dine out on that for so long though. Some of his recent acquisitions mystify me !

Which ones?

I can see why he's signed most of them. Although, there are obvious risks with each one. 

We're relying on some players with potential, making the step up, which will not happen overnight, and some others who have performed well at this level previously, to re-discover form that they've shown at this level. For a club in our position, that's a significant part of the market we're in.

For example, you Look at Jordan Kirkpatrick.17 goals in the 1st division and nominated for the player of the season. Surely that's a player that other teams in our position would take a punt on?

I think , due to injury, a lot of these players have been asked to step up a bit earlier than expected and are finding it difficult. In an ideal situation, they'd be introduced more gradually.

The signings we make over the next two weeks before the Falkirk game will be crucial in terms of our performance level this season.

2 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Image result for mystifying signs

ROSS  STEWART  & ROSS STEWART

I'm not sure how you can have an opinion on how good Ross Stewart (GK) is for us, based on one appearance.

I really don't think he had much chance with any of the goals yesterday, as he was left horribly exposed by our defence and midfield.

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I'm not sure how you can have an opinion on how good Ross Stewart (GK) is for us, based on one appearance.

I really don't think he had much chance with any of the goals yesterday, as he was left horribly exposed by our defence and midfield.

It was more to do with signing two players with the same name rather than their abilities. Not seen enough of either to judge.

1 hour ago, billyg said:

He can only dine out on that for so long though. Some of his recent acquisitions mystify me !

Me to Billy there are too many raw looking players. All The noses coming from the club is promotion. No chance not a chance unless there are at least three players brought in probably four. 1 striker. 2 more midfield strong tacklers 1 right back as we do not have decent cover in these positions. 

Let's win the next game. That would give us 2 wins out of 4, one narrow defeat and one defeat by a top six SPFL team. A mixed bag but not yet grounds for despair. Roll on the Championship and Irn Bru Cup.

Edited by St.Ricky

53 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Disappointing to go out at the Group stage again.

With the money on offer (an Ayr fan at work said £40k prize money plus potential gate receipts) and prestige it's too important to be regarded as a meaningless pre-season fodder.

Hang the twoJ's, Hang the twoJ's, Hang the twoJ's, - Hang the twoJ's! :whistle

And after this Saturday there will be panic in the streets of Falkirk, Dundee, Greenock, Inverness.