Bet Fred Cup

The draw takes place next week.  Games start in July. An opportunity to keep up our good form over the last few months or a banana skin waiting to bring us back to earth with a bump? Either way...I am looking forward to it. COYS

Edited by St.Ricky

Was a big fan of this format last season as it gave us a gauge over a wide variety of opponents in a competitive environment rather than turgid pre-season friendlies. Think it also gave us a chance to get to grips with where we were as a squad...remember my optimism after the Ayr game where we won late on, reasoning that Ayr would be a stuffy, frustrating side all season and to break them down so late was a positive until I took in Douglas Park 4 days later and was thoroughly worried about us, even though Hamilton were a Premiership side, they weren't a very good one who made us look awful.

This season, it's a chance to see where these young guys who are coming in as squad players can bed in and figure in Jack's plans. I've no doubt by the first game on 15th of July that there will be a few new experienced guys in there along with them and it'll be nice to see us going straight into competitive action and hopefully get a bit of momentum for the league campaign.

Cant feckin' wait!!!

On P&B, a poster who is pretty knowledgeable reckons the schedule will be the same as last season.

That means we should be...

Pot 2 Seeds
Sat 15 Jul ..... (A) v unseeded
Wed 19 Jul ... (H) v unseeded
Sat 22 Jul ..... (A) v Partick
Wed 26 Jul ... free
Sat 29 Jul ..... (H) v unseeded

Edited by Eric Arthur Blair

32 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

On P&B, a poster who is pretty knowledgeable reckons the schedule will be the same as last season.

Pot 2 Seeds
Wed 26 Jul ... free

Hope not. I`ll miss the first three .<_<

4 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Pot 2 Seeds
Wed 26 Jul ... free

Not so bad since no away midweek game plus a wee pub craw up Byres Rd on a sat :cheers

Partick have previous form for wanting to change Saturday games to Friday evening, just saying.

Wouldn't surprise me if the game is on telly. Could depend on the dates of the Ayrshire and Dundee derby's since they look like the only games worth showing.

On Saturday, June 03, 2017 at 2:49 PM, renfrew said:

Wouldn't surprise me if the game is on telly. Could depend on the dates of the Ayrshire and Dundee derby's since they look like the only games worth showing.

Personally. .. I like Friday Evening Games.