Gregor Buchanan and the other Ross Stewart Sign

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Live and learn, onwards and upwards!

There's plenty of managers with bigger clubs and budgets who don't always get it right. 

I think our management team have done exceptionally well with the next to nothing budget they've had. :happyclapper

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Is that the whole load of part time players signed in the summer punted yet? It’s almost the third week in January after all emoji28.png

Or is Kirkpatrick and what’s his face still here? You wonder why we bother signing them in the first place.

Buchanan played regularly for us and when McKenzie and Davis were out his efforts on our behalf were invaluable

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Nothing to learn - every club in the country is trying to shift players who are not first pick, juggle the budget and bring in others who will improve the team.

If you & TC want to interpret JR's wheeling & dealing as a sign of ineptitude then I suspect you'll be in a very small minority.

Aye... right. Funny how the chairman sees it the same way, as in we need the right quality in, not make-weights.

and again, who is saying Ross is 'inept'... not this soldier. He brought in a fair few he found out he darent use.(as well as bringing in some stars) Young manager, makes a mistake, learns we move on. If you refuse to learn from your mistakes, you will make them again. 

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

"Moved them on" or "gave them away"...?

i would imagine Buchanan got some sort of payoff to end his contract (why go somewhere else for less wages). And also expect we are picking up a percentage of the loanees wages too. Costly exercise.

How much is Buchanan on at Livingston, and how much was he on at St.Mirren?

Buchanan signed in may last year wasn't it the case that at that time Baird was our only fit centre half???

It was right to bring him in at the time as he was probably the best centre half available to us but with Davis coming back and McKenzie also back to fitness to have 2 guys not playing who could be first choice picks in plenty other teams it was inevitable that Buchanan was likely to leave.

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

"Moved them on" or "gave them away"...?

i would imagine Buchanan got some sort of payoff to end his contract (why go somewhere else for less wages). And also expect we are picking up a percentage of the loanees wages too. Costly exercise.

53 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Like probably every other st mirren fan, how would i know that? That's why I said "I would imagine" and not "I know" or the oft used classic "I,ve heard" 

but if you can enlighten us all i am sure it would be welcomed.

You said you imagined he would have got "some sort of pay off" in light of him going "somewhere else for less wages".

But you've now admitted you don't know if he's on less wages.

So why would you imagine he got "some sort of payoff" if you have absolutely no idea about his earnings?

7 minutes ago, billyg said:

JR is ruthless , like Fergie was. Since Buchanan messed up v Morton , when he gave away the pen after being warned by the ref , he hasn't started a match. That moment sealed his fate !

Thought Stellios would have went the same way after his sending off against Dumbarton , but Stellios is now playing his best football ever . Hopefully we can start to bring a bit of quality in during the next few days

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Aye... right. Funny how the chairman sees it the same way, as in we need the right quality in, not make-weights.

and again, who is saying Ross is 'inept'... not this soldier. He brought in a fair few he found out he darent use.(as well as bringing in some stars) Young manager, makes a mistake, learns we move on. If you refuse to learn from your mistakes, you will make them again. 

You said ending Buchannan's contract was a "costly exercise" for me that's synonymous with "inept", I don't regard it as such just a routine football deal in 2018.

1 hour ago, div said:

You said you imagined he would have got "some sort of pay off" in light of him going "somewhere else for less wages".

But you've now admitted you don't know if he's on less wages.

So why would you imagine he got "some sort of payoff" if you have absolutely no idea about his earnings?

Hey you've got me bang to rights admitting i don't know. Although i guess by admitting that initially it kinda makes your witch hunt moot!

maybe Buchanan just agreed to tear up the final 5/6 months of his contract for nowt?

1 hour ago, billyg said:

JR is ruthless , like Fergie was. Since Buchanan messed up v Morton , when he gave away the pen after being warned by the ref , he hasn't started a match. That moment sealed his fate !

Dumped after one mistake. That is ruthless. Everyone must be shitting themselves. :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Hey you've got me bang to rights admitting i don't know. Although i guess by admitting that initially it kinda makes your witch hunt moot!

maybe Buchanan just agreed to tear up the final 5/6 months of his contract for nowt?

Buchanan did tear up the rest of his contract for nowt, he wanted released so he could play 1st team football and he already had a club lined up that would give him that.

Its really not that difficult to understand but carry on making a c**t of yourself if it makes you feel better.

Not sure how it’s a witch hunt. It was a perfectly reasonable question.

I’m sure you’ll find some other reason to berate the club soon. All this positivity around St.Mirren at the moment must be f**king killing you!

23 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

There's a fair possibility that Livingston were made aware of Buchanans availability during the time of the Mullen deal and they took on the remainder of his contract rather than loan him till end of the season as Hopkin mentioned he tried to sign him in the summer last year and we beat them to his signature.

That's generally what happens when someone moves club. They don't carry their old contract forward.

We've already established this, but you're not very bright are you?

15 hours ago, TopCat said:

Is that the whole load of part time players signed in the summer punted yet? It’s almost the third week in January after all emoji28.png

Or is Kirkpatrick and what’s his face still here? You wonder why we bother signing them in the first place.

Now there is a surprise post honestly thought you had given up the hate Jack Ross campaign . Enjoy the rest of the season as they don't come along that often Top Cat. 

10 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Buchanan did tear up the rest of his contract for nowt, he wanted released so he could play 1st team football and he already had a club lined up that would give him that.

Its really not that difficult to understand but carry on making a c**t of yourself if it makes you feel better.

10 hours ago, div said:

Not sure how it’s a witch hunt. It was a perfectly reasonable question.

I’m sure you’ll find some other reason to berate the club soon. All this positivity around St.Mirren at the moment must be f**king killing you!

There you go JJ knows exactly the detail around Gregor's departure, best ask him any follow up questions as he seems/claims to know exactly what's, what.

see heres the thing, if you pose a question, give an opinion you are automatically in the eyes of some "finding a reason to berate the club"...  and i thought for just over fifty years I have been supporting the club...? Ffs get a hold of yourself man and stop trying to turn saints fans against each other.

Why is it difficult/painful to admit what the manager obviously has (and is taking action on), and seemingly what the chairman is insisting, that we now recruit players who are ready to perform at premiership level, and those who arent, it makes sound business sense to cut the clubs losses and allow them to play first team football elsewhere?

16 hours ago, class of 76-77 said:

Josh Mullin would be quite a capture for us as he's a very good young player who has always impressed against Saints. Motherwell credited with a definite interest in Mullin.

This is the boy I thought that we had signed when we signed Mullen. Looks a real prospect. Would be great to get him IMO.