Gregor Buchanan and the other Ross Stewart Sign

12 hours ago, billyg said:

JR is ruthless , like Fergie was. Since Buchanan messed up v Morton , when he gave away the pen after being warned by the ref , he hasn't started a match. That moment sealed his fate !

Would he have played again regardless of that?  I think he was covering due to the injury crisis.  Although bringing in McCart from Celtic was probably due to this.

Baird has been allowed back in despite making some serious mistakes.  Those aren't as frequent now at least.

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

Would he have played again regardless of that?  I think he was covering due to the injury crisis.  Although bringing in McCart from Celtic was probably due to this.

Baird has been allowed back in despite making some serious mistakes.  Those aren't as frequent now at least.

I can tell you that Jack Baird id widely admired by managers & coaches at a number of clubs in our league!

i think sometimes, some of us forget what age he is, what age he started shouldering the responsibility of playing centre back for our club, and the crystal clear fact that good solid central defenders by dint of the job they have to do (one mistake and we concede a goal, versus Morgan one mistake and try again son) they build more steadily, more thoughtfully than a young forward or midfielder.

If he gets to continue working with Davis, and if we could keep them both in the top league we may well have arguably the best centre back pairing in the country!

5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I can tell you that Jack Baird id widely admired by managers & coaches at a number of clubs in our league!

i think sometimes, some of us forget what age he is, what age he started shouldering the responsibility of playing centre back for our club, and the crystal clear fact that good solid central defenders by dint of the job they have to do (one mistake and we concede a goal, versus Morgan one mistake and try again son) they build more steadily, more thoughtfully than a young forward or midfielder.

If he gets to continue working with Davis, and if we could keep them both in the top league we may well have arguably the best centre back pairing in the country!

Good to see some positivity from you, despite the nonsensical final statement!

6 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Fine statement but, more to the point, Is his contract iron clad? inflexible? Written in stone? legal and lawful?

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Going by Jack Ross' comments in the press, the decision to lose Buchanan appears to have not been his so was presumably the player himself requesting to go.

I saw that in the PDE.

You can't really blame Buchanan, with Baird, Davis and MacKenzie all certain starters before him.

58 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I saw that in the PDE.

You can't really blame Buchanan, with Baird, Davis and MacKenzie all certain starters before him.

Yeah, there's get out clauses on some player contracts for lack of appearances and probably wanted to go. Imagine he's had something lined up and we've offered a mutual termination at a reduced compensation cost. No big loss, couple decent games but a few absolute shockers as well. 

Buchanan probably worried about his game time with Davis, Baird and probably McKenzie ahead of him. I'd be surprised if Ross wouldn't have preferred to keep him with McKenzie and Davis injury problems, and Davis not fancying the plastic pitches, but you can understand Buchanan wanting to play every week as he's definitely good enough to be a starting CB in this league. Fair play to him, he contributed greatly to where we are now and I wish him well.

• 4 months later...