Coats / Clarks Of Paisley

Ah well...  It was only shown in Scotland, I guess.

I'll get it on I player....  Can't imagine there'll be anything to learn from it, but be good to see any auld fillum....

...of the Mills and the Toon.

and the Mill Lassies... :)

mah Maw, for instance. :rolleyes:

59 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Could it be that the rest of Scotland thought we had it too good for too long and Paisley missed out on development and investment since the 60s?

Working as a young man with mainly Glaswegians, I got the feeling there was a huge amount of resentment towards the buddies but never knew why.

Never found that with Glasgow

Greenock the other hand and it's nothing to do with fitba

Danny Kyle song .. only youtube I could find has a few jokes between verses..

Ah Danny was a good friend of our family. He brought Billy Connolly to our house on a night I wasn't in :( He did however take me up to STV studios in the early 80s when he was working & i met The famous Glen Michael also.

He lived up just off Renfrew Road opposite the petrol station did Danny if I remember correctly.

He could rattle out a tune whenever he was at ours on a weekend but I was only a wee guy.

21 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Ah Danny was a good friend of our family. He brought Billy Connolly to our house on a night I wasn't in :( He did however take me up to STV studios in the early 80s when he was working & i met The famous Glen Michael also.

He lived up just off Renfrew Road opposite the petrol station did Danny if I remember correctly.

He could rattle out a tune whenever he was at ours on a weekend but I was only a wee guy.

He did live in the Renfrew Rd across from the petrol station, I was pal of his at that time.

Just watched this for the 3rd time.

I really enjoyed the history, the stunning buildings , of which we still have some thankfully & I remember seeing the mill come down after it sat empty for a while.

The town was alive back then & I would love to see the town centre recover.Sadly I'm not sure it ever can.

Large businesses need to be offered good incentives to move back to the area which in turn provides employment which in turn gives people money to spend with small local businesses benefiting.

Ditch one way system, make weekend parking free & let traffic back in the town.

Ach, I don't think it'll ever return to what is was, but will we get something to make the town alive again in my lifetime? Sadly not.

But I am very proud to be from Paisley regardless, the wee matter of having St Mirren being the saving grace.

I finally got a chance to watch it a couple of hours ago ( thanks hola ) and it was superb. Like many Paisley folk of my vintage my mother, gran, great granny and most of their sisters were Mill Lassies and it was quite an emotional experience for me to see all the old footage, and listen to the reminisces of those who are still with us.

Guest TPAFKATS
Just watched this for the 3rd time.

I really enjoyed the history, the stunning buildings , of which we still have some thankfully & I remember seeing the mill come down after it sat empty for a while.

The town was alive back then & I would love to see the town centre recover.Sadly I'm not sure it ever can.

Large businesses need to be offered good incentives to move back to the area which in turn provides employment which in turn gives people money to spend with small local businesses benefiting.

Ditch one way system, make weekend parking free & let traffic back in the town.

Ach, I don't think it'll ever return to what is was, but will we get something to make the town alive again in my lifetime? Sadly not.

But I am very proud to be from Paisley regardless, the wee matter of having St Mirren being the saving grace.

Weekend parking is free [emoji106][emoji106]

Weekend parking is free [emoji106][emoji106]

Oh, that's good, in the 30 odd years I've not lived in Scotland that's something I didn't know ( we normally park at ground and walk into town )

All the same, tragic as it seems, i think i will watch it again before deleting it :)

On 6/8/2017 at 8:43 PM, Buddymarvellous said:

Danny Kyle song .. only youtube I could find has a few jokes between verses..

So my good friend Fred McNeil has been on to Renfrewshire's council about getting a street in paisley named after Danny it look now it's going to happen I have also been onto council about finally giving my dad some recognition for what he did for paisley got interviews lined up with radio and papers watch this space