Gavin Reilly

Seaside Nipper

• 2 weeks later...

Would be a great addition. Was his ability to finish with either foot that really impressed me. Seems to be a good all round player. Bit of pace, strong, technically gifted, decent in the air...watching that I'm amazed he hasn't broken into the Hearts team, looks easily capable of stepping up. Hopefully he makes his move to the Premier League with a saints shirt on.

14 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Not sure. Hardly set the heather on fire at The Pars last season. Hope I'm wrong and he scores plenty goals for us.

Could quite possibly be down to how he has been coached Gary. Proven with QOTS that he can find the back of the net. I believe in our management that they will be able to get the best out of him. It also seems that Dung signed Nicky Clark after him, which resulted in him being mostly used from the bench due to the form of their front two in Clark and Moffat. 

Could quite possibly be down to how he has been coached Gary. Proven with QOTS that he can find the back of the net. I believe in our management that they will be able to get the best out of him. It also seems that Dung signed Nicky Clark after him, which resulted in him being mostly used from the bench due to the form of their front two in Clark and Moffat. 

With respect Kev. If you can't get a game in front of them 2 your struggling. Plus the clip we seen 75% goals were scored in League 1 against Arbroath. Stenhousemuir etc. as I said I hope I'm wrong. I only said I'm not sure . I have great belief in Jack and James.

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:

With respect Kev. If you can't get a game in front of them 2 your struggling. Plus the clip we seen 75% goals were scored in League 1 against Arbroath. Stenhousemuir etc. as I said I hope I'm wrong. I only said I'm not sure . I have great belief in Jack and James.

He spent 3 seasons at QotS, one of which was in League 1. 

His record in those seasons was 12 league goals in league one, 12 league goals in Championship and then 13 in the championship.

76 starts (50 sub appearances) for Queens, 43 goals.

11 starts (17 sub appearances) for Hearts, 4 goals

11 Starts (11 sub appearances) for Dunfermline, 1 goal

Not a bad turn whatsoever and there's a player in there that just didn't work out at Dunfermline it seems.

Edited by djchapsticks

No question in my mind he's been a player at this level and can be again. An out and out penalty box goalscorer from the video. That season in League 1 he was 19. 37 goals by the time you are 21 years old is a very decent haul. Not breaking into a good Hearts team and or enjoying a loan period is not a great barrier. He still develop further too at 24.

He spent 3 seasons at QotS, one of which was in League 1.  His record in those seasons was 12 league goals in league one, 12 league goals in Championship and then 13 in the championship.

76 starts (50 sub appearances) for Queens, 43 goals.

11 starts (17 sub appearances) for Hearts, 4 goals

11 Starts (11 sub appearances) for Dunfermline, 1 goal

Not a bad turn whatsoever and there's a player in there that just didn't work out at Dunfermline it seems.

where does it say I said he's a bad player. people are reading things I never wrote. His record at QOTS is excellent. His record at at Hearts and Dunfermline is poor. That was all I was pointing out. I want him to be a success like all Saints fans. I think the style we play would suit him but he's gonna have a lot of good competition