Gavin Reilly

Seaside Nipper

A lot of times, Stelios couldn't get a game in front of Irvine & Eckersley. B)

Even the most loyal Saints fan wouldn't say Stelios is a great defender. but he's fantastic going forward. Stelios is a player i like a lot. But I would say Adam and Gary are better defenders. I know posters are gonna twist this and say I said he's hopeless [emoji12]

3 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

where does it say I said he's a bad player.

I think any rational person would interpret your post below as you saying he is a bad player.

8 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

With respect Kev. If you can't get a game in front of them 2 your struggling.

Reilly is a proven scorer at this level. He's just spent a season on the bench at Dunfermline.

I can't imagine he's signed for us on the basis that he'll be on the bench again.

I would have thought he was here to partner Smith in attack with Sutton & Stewart providing the competition and back up.

I can't see us signing a 5th striker in Loy.

Oh wee Gavin Reilly! I was wondering who was going to benefit from the Mallan chant.

If he signs, I believe he could become a real goal machine again under Jack Ross. You get the feeling that Jack has terrific man management skills and this young lad could benefit massively from Ross.

Look what he has done for Loy, Cammy Smith and Stephen McGinn to name but a few.

Our squad really is shaping up nicely.

Roll on Monday!

On 2017-6-10 at 7:50 PM, JJ McG said:

Decent post mate.

1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Good point, well made.

The goals reel from QotS has him scoring with his left foot, right and headers.

Him scoring the same total of goals this season that he did in that clip would be most welcome.

1 hour ago, mcdowell76 said:

That's the most sensible post you've ever made. :P

:lol: It was a misdirected post about Scotland game ffs! 

1 hour ago, mcdowell76 said:

Reilly is a proven scorer at this level. He's just spent a season on the bench at Dunfermline.

I can't imagine he's signed for us on the basis that he'll be on the bench again.

I would have thought he was here to partner Smith in attack with Sutton & Stewart providing the competition and back up.

I can't see us signing a 5th striker in Loy.

JR was in local press on Friday saying that after Reilly signs tomorrow, his priority is another striker. If not Loy, it'll be someone else. 

Wonder if it means the end for Sutton. 

http://www.the-gazette.co.uk/sport/15339179.St_Mirren_manager_Jack_Ross_set_to_add_to_his_attacking_options_as_new_signing_prepares_to_check_in/

Edited by djchapsticks

22 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

JR was in local press on Friday saying that after Reilly signs tomorrow, his priority is another striker. If not Loy, it'll be someone else. 

Wonder if it means the end for Sutton. 

http://www.the-gazette.co.uk/sport/15339179.St_Mirren_manager_Jack_Ross_set_to_add_to_his_attacking_options_as_new_signing_prepares_to_check_in/

Aye, 5 strikers seems a bit much.

As someone else mentions, maybe Smith is going to play in midfield, maybe Sutton is offfski.

Seems certain that he intends playing 2 up front then if Loy signs.

On 2017-6-12 at 8:26 PM, mcdowell76 said:

Aye, 5 strikers seems a bit much.

As someone else mentions, maybe Smith is going to play in midfield, maybe Sutton is offfski.

Seems certain that he intends playing 2 up front then if Loy signs.

I think Smith will play in Mallans position , occasionally providing cover for Magennis or Morgan , which will give Kirkpatrick the odd start until either Morgan or Magennis move on 

As for Sutton , I think it might make sense to keep him and use him as cover , and maybe even as a striker coach .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/06/2017 at 10:11 AM, djchapsticks said:

Proven he's more than capable at this level with Queens so I'm happy that we have taken a wee chance with him. If he chips in with 8-10 goals next season as support for our other main centre forward - hopefully Loy - then he'll be worth it. 

Heh, he's already hit my projected target and been far better than Loy.

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

Can't believe his goal was given to Buchanan.

I bet on Buchanan to score in the last 2 home games.

Yesterday I didn't... But bunged a fiver on Reilly to score as my "get your money back" banker!

Having watch the highlights, I would say the goal belong to Reilly. Can you no send the bookies the video ?  :lol:

On 9/10/2017 at 1:09 AM, Callum Gilhooley said:

I cant find the post , but i am on record somewhere on here as saying "meh" when Reilly signed. I didnt think he was what we needed. I am happy to admit that so far this season he has proved my Meh wrong. 

& i hope he continues to do so for the whole season !! 

It's not just the goals that have impressed me, but his all round game. For a wee guy he bullies big central defenders constantly. The wee nudges as they're going up for the ball, the odd wee shove that goes unseen by the ref - defenders know he's there and pressing them into mistakes. Crazy seeing us playing longer balls up to Reilly and Smith at times and knowing there's a fair chance we're getting something from it in terms of possession. Well done Gavin.