Blair Spittal

I went and watched the play off a Crappylow and I would have said he was their best player. This is a strange one. However, it might be an indication that they are totally f**ked and have to pay everyone off. 

Would I take him? Seems to be lacking goals though does set them up. A poor man's Cammy Smith. Not sure would probably want to offer him a trial and see how things went. 

1 hour ago, mcdowell76 said:

He only played 8 times last season. Injured or just not in favour?

He's still only 21 yet has made 118 league appearances and scored 16 goals. A lot of experience.

Got to be better than Kyle Hutton...

Not injured, was a regular last season, his wiki page hasn't been updated since November, that's all.

I'd take him, right sided attacking midfielder, scored a cracker against us a few years ago in the SPL, and the winner recently at Tannadice.

1 hour ago, mcdowell76 said:

He only played 8 times last season. Injured or just not in favour?

He's still only 21 yet has made 118 league appearances and scored 16 goals. A lot of experience.

Got to be better than Kyle Hutton...

Is there anybody worse.

8 hours ago, Frank McGarvey' wonky legs said:

Surprised he has been freed. Could it be he has been offered a new deal and refused it? That way Utd entitled to a development fee? Would have thought he would go to SPL and not downwards when leaving utd

Wouldn't think it's anything to do with a developmental fee. He only signed for Utd two or three years ago. 

I've seen him a few times and he's a decent player. As stated above, I think he will be looking to go up to the Premiership, and he is good enough for that in my opinion. I think it's unlikely he will want to come to one of United's rivals next season, but you never know.....

An Arab on P&B's opinion of Spittal ...

Was part of our worst ever side that's been relegated and failed to get promoted. 

Scored a few good goals and a few good performances with weeks left of his contract.

Might get on better in a better team, just don't expect him to win or even go in for 50-50s or run of the mill challenges.

Pretty mixed comments mostly of the decent but invisible kind.

• 2 weeks later...