London Bridge

Drew

I think there is a danger of these incidents becoming weekly events.

Not too bad? Hopefully the reports of throat cutting are wide of the mark.

We will go on? Undoubtedly, but by the luck of the draw some poor buggers will cash in their chips on a semi regular basis as we do.

We really should be both fearful and watchful. This shut ain't going away any time soon

Just now, oaksoft said:

Absolutely no chance that this should be postponed.

Agree 100% 

The election will go ahead. If not , they have won.

I abhor what has happened but if we postpone / defer/ abandon the rule of law and the will of the people we may as well just pull the shutters down, grab ourselves a Mad max style vehicle and batten down the hatches to prepare for a free for all.

1 minute ago, cockles1987 said:

I understand where you guys are coming from, and terrorism should never be seen to be winning. But can we have an informed debate from the politicians if like after the Manchester murders there's no canvassing in a mark of respect.

Fair enough Bud, But my informed debate will have to wait till three bottles of vino have departed my system .goodnight

Its regrettable that they seldom manage to apprehend the perpetrators of these attacks alive. It would be helpful to try and obtain some form of understanding as to what makes them tick.

I appreciate that these guys had what appeared to be explosives strapped to them (though they were found to be fake), so the first priority was to bring them down.

More importantly just now, though is that our thoughts are with the families of those killed and with the injured.

Edited by Drew

Absolutely disgusting. More innocent people killed by idiots in the name of a distorted view of a peaceful religion.

It disturbed when a guy interviewed on the Beeb described the attackers as "Muslims" only by seeing what they looked like. WTF?

We, as a nation, must educate all that religion, even that distorted type, is not the colour of someone's skin.

My heartfelt sympathies are with all hurt, injured or affected by this atrocity.

Tragic again, so soon after Manchester. The response from the emergency services, especially the police, was outstanding. The, not sure what term is suitable for the perpetrators, were killed within 8 minutes of the first call to the police. This, IMO, will have quite an effect on people. Two major incidents so close together will unnerve many people. Unfortunately it, again, feeds the extremists/racists who are already all over Facebook with their simple solutions. Very sad and we all pray there is an end to these attacks for some time as if another was to happen n the next few days it could start to have the effect these lunatics are hoping for.

7 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

I understand where you guys are coming from, and terrorism should never be seen to be winning. But can we have an informed debate from the politicians if like after the Manchester murders there's no canvassing in a mark of respect.

They can debate as much as they like, does anyone really believe most of it.  Besides most people have probably already decided.

44 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Absolutely disgusting. More innocent people killed by idiots in the name of a distorted view of a peaceful religion.

It disturbed when a guy interviewed on the Beeb described the attackers as "Muslims" only by seeing what they looked like. WTF?

We, as a nation, must educate all that religion, even that distorted type, is not the colour of someone's skin.

My heartfelt sympathies are with all hurt, injured or affected by this atrocity.

Maybe in his shocked state he omitted to say they were shouting "this is for Allah" while committing they're atrocities, as other witness's have stated.     

1 hour ago, pod said:

Maybe in his shocked state he omitted to say they were shouting "this is for Allah" while committing they're atrocities, as other witness's have stated.     

Hard to forget if heard. And. Their acts are not those of true Muslims.

ETA. Still a need to educate so they can be distinguished.

Edited by stlucifer

18 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Hard to forget if heard. And. Their acts are not those of true Muslims.

ETA. Still a need to educate so they can be distinguished.

Do we know what a true Muslim is.  Why aren't the true ones doing more to eradicate the hate preachers that are infiltrating they're peace loving mosques.   

Edited by pod

15 minutes ago, pod said:

Do we know what a true Muslim is.  Why aren't the true ones doing more to eradicate the hate preachers that are infiltrating they're peace loving mosques.   

Why in hell's name are you trying to justify religious bias? Sectarianism in any form is hatred and that is hateful.

That sort of justification adds fuel to the fire for the bigots in our society.

8 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Why in hell's name are you trying to justify religious bias? Sectarianism in any form is hatred and that is hateful.

Don't know where your getting all that from. I certainly don't dislike Muslim as I work beside many, my workplace even has a prayer room provided for them.

All I saying is because of stupid European laws we can't be seen to interfere without being accuse of human rights or back lashes from radicals.  

A brave young Muslim girl on Question Time the other night spoke out about Saudi backed clerics coming over here and preaching unorthodox subjects. (being careful how a choice my words so as not to offend)  

1 hour ago, pod said:

Might be sticking my neck out a bit here, but don't we have a long way to go as a nation before we start to preach to others about sectarianism

These extremists are looking to terror to publicise their cause and we are giving them in in cartloads. Describe them as criminals and not terrorists and do not mention their cause (whatever that cause may be) would lessen their publicity substantially.

jaybee

Might be sticking my neck out a bit here, but don't we have a long way to go as a nation before we start to preach to others about sectarianism

Are you meaning we cant even cope with it on our on doorstep in this country. 

Edited by pod