London Bridge

Drew

20 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

I don't know where to start

Start anywhere.  I know there are Pros and Cons with Internment, but I'd like to know folks opinions as to why we should not use it.

19 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Internment is a brainless suggestion.

Utterly brainless.

And I don't even want to comment on or quote the "humourous" pish that was added to that post.

Why?  My Brain hurts.

and what's wrong with the song?  I remember it being sung in the North Bank for a Mr Sands.

Guest TPAFKATS
Why?  My Brain hurts.
and what's wrong with the song?  I remember it being sung in the North Bank for a Mr Sands.

I'm not sure there are any Pros?
As you are proposing it mibees you could tell me what you the pros are?
Also, from your original post who are 'them' that you want interned?

20 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I'm not sure there are any Pros?
As you are proposing it mibees you could tell me what you the pros are?
Also, from your original post who are 'them' that you want interned?

It's not hard...

Keeps 'them' off the streets, 'them' being persons who are suspected terrorists who kill and maim people on the streets with complete disregard for anyone's human rights. I believe the security forces would know who.

Obviously a degree of proof would be needed and a judge to give the nod as per a search warrant.

With 'them' intered, it would free up resouces to find more of 'them'.

Apart from a possible murderer's human rights, whats the cons?  Genuinely..

Guest TPAFKATS

You need to define exactly what a possible murderer is- it's easy once some c**t kills. Before is difficult.

The recent atrocities were carried out by individuals who were already known to the security services both in UK and abroad. It wasn't their human rights that stopped them being taken off the streets. It was the UK police and secret service. Hypothetically we could've had this internment that you propose and these guys would still have had their liberty.

You also seem to be very trusting of our police, judiciary and political systems. I mean it's not like there's ever been miscarriages of justice before.

You seem to be advocating a UK guantanamo?

Edit- although you MAY free up some resources for the security services, you also need to build, maintain and secure prisons or internment camps. This will be rather heavy on resources, esp if it's large scale internment as you seem to be alluding to.