Vinyl Turntables

Drew

41 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Hope you get many years of enjoyment from your new kit , Drew. As Ian mentions above definitely worth investing in some cleaning materials for your stylus and vinyl , makes a great deal of difference not just by reducing wear but enhancing your listening experience. .

Cheers, Neil.

I've got a carbon fibre cleaning brush and something for cleaning the stylus too (basically a wee bit of foam in a container that you drop the needle onto then raise and repeat - not sure how it works, to be honest). I also bought EcoMoist vinyl cleaner. It works very well for cleaning up old vinyl and removing fingerprints, etc. It came with a microfibre cloth.

So hopefully I'm all set. Now all I need to do is stop ordering albums before I empty our bank account.... :ph34r:

Edited by Drew

1 hour ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Hope you get many years of enjoyment from your new kit , Drew. As Ian mentions above definitely worth investing in some cleaning materials for your stylus and vinyl , makes a great deal of difference not just by reducing wear but enhancing your listening experience. .

WHAT A N EXPENSIVE PALAVER,... SNAP, CRACKLE, POP, JUMP, ,RUMBLE, SCRAAATCH, JUMP, JUMP ETC...

3 minutes ago, Vambo57 said:

WHAT A N EXPENSIVE PALAVER,... SNAP, CRACKLE, POP, JUMP, ,RUMBLE, SCRAAATCH, JUMP, JUMP ETC...

Oh, there's still plenty of that.

And that's just my dance movesB)

34 minutes ago, Drew said:

Cheers, Neil.

I've got a carbon fibre cleaning brush and something for cleaning the stylus too (basically a wee bit of foam in a container that you drop the needle onto then raise and repeat - not sure how it works, to be honest). I also bought EcoMoist vinyl cleaner. It works very well for cleaning up old vinyl and removing fingerprints, etc. It came with a microfibre cloth.

So hopefully I'm all set. Now all I need to do is stop ordering albums before I empty our bank account.... :ph34r:

Got to let us know what was the first listen on the new deck Drew. 

Went into Fopp in Byers Rd yesterday , their vinyl stock has increased dramatically since my last visit . It's not just the well known classic albums of yesteryear now , they also a great selection of contemporary artists on vinyl too which is great . Also the Back to Black series has been extended to include exact original album covers . .

18 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Went into Fopp in Byers Rd yesterday , their vinyl stock has increased dramatically since my last visit . It's not just the well known classic albums of yesteryear now , they also a great selection of contemporary artists on vinyl too which is great . Also the Back to Black series has been extended to include exact original album covers . .

Good stuff. I'm intending to call in when I get a chance (and have replenished the coffers:ph34r:).

Is Lost in Music still in De Courcy's (sp?)?

57 minutes ago, Drew said:

Good stuff. I'm intending to call in when I get a chance (and have replenished the coffers:ph34r:).

Is Lost in Music still in De Courcy's (sp?)?

Great selection Drew . They even had B2B 180gm version of Unknown Pleasures which had a textured sleeve , apparently the original cover . My copy was bought in the early 8ts but doesn't have that. .

i haven't been around to De Courcy's since 2014 but on that visit Lost in Music was very busy. I also found a second hand vinyl shop on Pollockshaws Rd ( close to the junction with Alison St) called Otherside Records last week . It isnae cheep but had some good stuff and as far as I know LP Records on Park Rd ( near Byers Rd) is still open for trade. .of course if you are over in Paisley worth popping in and having a look in the Record Market in the West End. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

30 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Great selection Drew . They even had B2B 180gm version of Unknown Pleasures which had a textured sleeve , apparently the original cover . My copy was bought in the early 8ts but doesn't have that. .

i haven't been around to De Courcy's since 2014 but on that visit Lost in Music was very busy. I also found a second hand vinyl shop on Pollockshaws Rd ( close to the junction with Alison St) called Otherside Records last week . It isnae cheep but had some good stuff and as far as I know LP Records on Park Rd ( near Byers Rd) is still open for trade. .of course if you are over in Paisley worth popping in and having a look in the Record Market in the West End. .

Thanks for the suggestions, Neil. I'll need to get down to the West End soon for a nosey about.