Stranraer v St. Mirren 15/07/17

You think?
You did see what the chimp failed to mention, didn't you?
Have you ever travelled on a train?
I have, going to a few away games and what he describes is a common occurrence.
As I mentioned previously, some, who see this as acceptable, will justify it.
Fire in. <_>  

I did forget to mention that a female conductor was working on this train, in her 50's, where Saints fan repeatedly sang a song, fully in her presence, "Let's have a gangbang against a wall" or words to that effect. Kids also present. Totally unacceptable.

1 minute ago, munoz said:

I have many times , but prefer the bus these days . Very rarely have I witnessed anything that I find intimidating. Different levels for different people I guess .

So you find it acceptable that a drunken crowd behave in the manner stated?

It's not all about being intimidated, it's about have a level of manners and thinking about other people, especially youngsters.

You can deflect this all you like, says more about you than it does me I'm afraid.

Disappointing to find Buddies fans associated with the type of behaviour described by Stoobs. We sometimes criticise the behaviour of fans of other clubs but we lose the right to claim the moral high ground when this sort of thing occurs. Time to acknowledge that all clubs have a minority of fans whose behaviour in public places is not always acceptable. Let's encourage our fans, especially the young ones, not to get carried away, but to keep the vociferous support for our club inside the stadium.

Looks like it was a relatively comfortable victory.

Good to see both Reilly and Stewart getting their first competitive goals.

Not bad for our first real game of the season, without a couple of key players.

Hopefully, we can take this on to Tuesday for my first game of the season.

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Looks like it was a relatively comfortable victory.

Good to see both Reilly and Stewart getting their first competitive goals.

Not bad for our first real game of the season, without a couple of key players.

Hopefully, we can take this on to Tuesday for my first game of the season.

Mind behave yourself. :lol:

Anyhow, let's not let a few drunken rockets spoil todays result.
Concentrate on the next match, win that and we're on our way.................no sure to where right enough. [emoji38]

Really impressed with performance. I know it was only Stranraer but suddenly we have giants at the back who dominate in air. McGinn and McShane looked like they had played with each other for years and genuine pace up front. Thought Reilly looked fast, strong and made intelligent runs. Very optimistic.

I witnessed them get off the train and it was noisy and pretty unacceptable behaviour if you are not a football fan (bottles of Buckie being passed around, constant shouting and swearing). There was no malice nor violence but I would not have wanted to have shared that journey if they behaved like that all the way down. With only two carriages it would have been hard to avoid it.

Anyway. How did we only score 4? Could have been 14. New guys settled well after a wee shaky start. We should thank our lucky stars for Stephen McGinn. Even when tightly marked he wanted the ball and never lost it. Always finding space and some superb passing. Maybe it was only Stranraer but this guy is what makes the team tick. I would hate to lose him from the midfield. Good to see Reilly, Crouch, and Buchanan all score on their competitive debuts. Was impressed with young O'Keefe when he came on. Wasn't on long but fast and direct. There is still some work to be done but a decent start.

I thought on the most part we were very comfortable today. They had a few chances in the second half at 4-1 (as did we) but we were on pre-season training session by then.

IMO Best players were Irvine, Morgan, McGinn and McShane, with the latter really impressing.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Mind behave yourself. :lol:

I'm going to get the train up to Glasgow, get pished and make an arse of myself on the return journey to St.James station.

Actually, that sounds like what usually happens on any days out to Glasgow, except I usually stagger off the train at Gilmour street.:lol:

55 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

I did forget to mention that a female conductor was working on this train, in her 50's, where Saints fan repeatedly sang a song, fully in her presence, "Let's have a gangbang against a wall" or words to that effect. Kids also present. Totally unacceptable.

There were quite a few young ones at the game out their head giving Stranraer keeper a bit of a hard time. Football wise job done that's all that counts. 

I thought on the most part we were very comfortable today. They had a few chances in the second half at 4-1 (as did we) but we were on pre-season training session by then.

IMO Best players were Irvine, Morgan, McGinn and McShane, with the latter really impressing.

Totally agree with you re McShane. Just oozed class. Some pinpoint long distance passes and crosses. Always looking to be progressive and move it forward quickly. Brilliant run and shot for first goal where Reilly picked up rebound. I also predict Buchanan is going to follow same career path as Darren McGregor, especially with JR coaching him now. Aggression he showed for 4th goal great to see.

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Good result against the weakest team in the group there.

See Livi have won that daft shoot out thing and got the bonus point which isn't ideal. Going to be between us and them for second you'd have to assume.

Us and them you assume? Not me I think we will win the section.  

4 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

Anyone that was there can you let us know how we lined up? Were Stewart and Reilly up top together with Morgan and Smith as wingers?

Strangely Crouch started off on the right wing of a 4-4-2 with Smith and Reilly up front. When Reilly went off second half Crouch moved to centre.