Stranraer v St. Mirren 15/07/17

18 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

Totally agree with you re McShane. Just oozed class. Some pinpoint long distance passes and crosses. Always looking to be progressive and move it forward quickly. Brilliant run and shot for first goal where Reilly picked up rebound. I also predict Buchanan is going to follow same career path as Darren McGregor, especially with JR coaching him now. Aggression he showed for 4th goal great to see.

Hope prediction wrong ref Buchanan, as McGregor f&cked off to the **** first chance he got in spite of us looking after him thro 2 horrific injuries

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Anyhow, let's not let a few drunken rockets spoil todays result.

Concentrate on the next match, win that and we're on our way.................no sure to where right enough. :lol:

to the toppemost of the poppermost !

Anyone that was there can you let us know how we lined up? Were Stewart and Reilly up top together with Morgan and Smith as wingers?

Samson, Irvine, Mckenzie, Buchanan, Stelios, McGinn, McShane in centre, Morgan wide left, Smith seemed to have a free role. Up front Reilly and Stewart with Stewart drifting off to the right allowing Reilly to buzz about all over the place up top.

1 hour ago, Stoobs said:

I don't know if you have any children or your mum is still with you but suffice to say, I wouldn't like my mother or children having to endure a 90 minute train ride with constant singing using repeated expletives, tables getting hammered, drums being played, drink getting spilled all over, cans and bottles rolling about the aisles etc. I am not saying any Saints fan threatened anybody but by their sheer volume and actions, their behaviour is threatening and intimidating to people. It simply is and if you cannot see this, I do despair somewhat. If you carried on like that on a plane, the participants would be custody for the court. If it was a football only train, fine, batter in, carry on, go crazy but it was a normal passenger train.

Totally agree, I'm currently 'enjoying' the entertainment on the 1903 from Stranraer. Same scenes as this morning, buckied up young crew forgetting this ain't a supporters bus. Think I'll get off at Ayr to let my ears recover from the so far 90 mins of full on 'If ye hate the f*ckin rangers !' :-0

It was good to see how important Jack takes dead ball situations. Goody used to piss me off with taking a free kick a nano second after it happened but today for corners and free kicks we were trying things straight out of the training ground. And with Bigmac, Buchanan and Crouch we won almost every corner.

On the North Bank Aggro ,brilliant at home lads, I've been on public transport with my 2 youngest grandchildren.

They thought it was funny at first when the knuckle draggers got  on.Soon  it was terror in there eyes.

lets show we are better than that ,if you have kids think what your wee ones would make of their Daddy doing that.

we love the noise at home and the atmosphere is great.

Remember there are spy's everywhere especially when you talk to the club about displays.

Stay cool boys and you will get all the backing you need from us. old coffin dodgers

14 minutes ago, uhura said:

Can anyone else remember the days when our colours were black and white?

Thought the 'Zagreb' strip looked great personally. It is the away kit after all or did you not realise this ? :wacko:

On the North Bank Aggro ,brilliant at home lads, I've been on public transport with my 2 youngest grandchildren.
They thought it was funny at first when the knuckle draggers got  on.Soon  it was terror in there eyes.
lets show we are better than that ,if you have kids think what your wee ones would make of their Daddy doing that.
we love the noise at home and the atmosphere is great.
Remember there are spy's everywhere especially when you talk to the club about displays.
Stay cool boys and you will get all the backing you need from us. old coffin dodgers

I'll admit that I changed my mind last night and didn't take the wee man today when I thought through the logistics (limited / small trains & boozed up buds). Not judging anyone - just don't think it's a suitable atmosphere for pre-teens. After the reports from Stoobs, ES etc. I realise I made the correct call.

Still - a great start by the team!

52 minutes ago, Sonny said:

It was good to see how important Jack takes dead ball situations. Goody used to piss me off with taking a free kick a nano second after it happened but today for corners and free kicks we were trying things straight out of the training ground. And with Bigmac, Buchanan and Crouch we won almost every corner.

Encouraging

around a third of all goals come from a set play

when we won the league under Tom Hendrie, just over 40% of our goals came directly from set plays and were undoubtedly a major factor in our success

Yardley, Lavety, McLaughlin & Walker caused havoc at set plays with fantastic delivery from Ross & Nicolson.

short passes at set plays are an incredible waste

if you have someone with a decent delivery and you have guys who can get on the end of it, why take a short set play?

you don't get extra points for aesthetics. Cross, bang, goal. It doesn't matter how the ball ends up in the net!

Hope prediction wrong ref Buchanan, as McGregor f&cked off to the **** first chance he got in spite of us looking after him thro 2 horrific injuries

I hear what you are saying. Just think he will eventually get snapped up by someone bigger than us unfortunately. As you say, hope it isn't the Newco.

I made the game after all as my son called to say he was going. Glad that I did.

Sound display with several contenders for man of the match.

Could have been 7-3.

My thanks go to the officials at Stranraer who let me rest my weary bones by sitting in the "Stranraer Stand"