Stranraer v St. Mirren 15/07/17

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Utter defensive bollox.

There are plenty on here who have reported the behaviour of sections, and a minority, of the support who are tanked up and do not give a feck about anybody, including women and children.

Is it unreasonable to comment, whether people were there or not, on the unreasonable behaviour of supporters who think it's ok to behave like arsholes?

This mostly comes down to people who can't enjoy themselves without being pished, not having a few pints before the game, people who are only set on getting bladdered and will hardly remember any of the game or what they done going to or returning fro the game.

I like a drink as much as anybody but, as has been mentioned, there's plenty of time to have a drink after the game..................oh and participate in drugs, which seems to be ok as well.

FFS!

I can only comment on what I see . As I said previously, I never traveled by train on Sat but can vouch for the behaviour of all our supporters pre match in the pub and at the game .

What do you base your guilty verdict on ? 

To answer DWBud's question, would we rather have these fans behaving like that or not have them at all, I'd rather they learnt how to behave properly. The behaviour described is totally unacceptable and reflects badly on the club. I'm wondering if there's a role for the SLO, if we have one, to meet with the young gents and explain standards of behaviour expected when following the Saints, or indeed, when in public?

I don't think you're far off with the idea of a SLO, but maybe something along the lines of a representative or some form of intermediate between younger fans and the older fans and the club could be a better idea? Is there anything like that currently, I'm not sure?

And as for the bankhouse, which is a great pub with a great bus, I don't see the problem in starting the search for a representative as such in there? If people haven't noticed, the bankhouse has clearly become a sort of focal point for young saints fans so I don't think there was any animosity intended towards the pub?

19 hours ago, DWBud said:

Definitely wasn't what I intended, I don't agree with bad behaviour and if they're doing drugs etc in front of young kids then that's a different matter.

I had wondered if some people (older gen) were maybe being slightly stricter towards them, but upon hearing some of their antics I (younger gen- i guess?) don't agree with that either.

I know the majority get on busses from the bankhouse etc which is predominantly young lads, but I wonder if it would be worthwhile to advertise for a younger-shovelling stuff up your nose-generation away travelling support bus? Or something along those lines, which would maybe suit everyone?

I know the lads are trying hard to get the singing section going,which is a great idea,my grandson loves it.

what they need to remember is the club has access to this forum, and if they see any bad reports like Saturday they will kick it into touch.

They needn't come on here complaining about the club's decision not to let the drum or big flags in.

We have a great relationship with the directors,management and players built up last season.

Please let's not lose that B)

33 minutes ago, munoz said:

I can only comment on what I see . As I said previously, I never traveled by train on Sat but can vouch for the behaviour of all our supporters pre match in the pub and at the game .

Same as ever. What other people say. You'd need to go to games to base it on something you've actually witnessed.

Woah. A few folk jumping to conclusions here

a ) there was no bankhouse bus - never been a problem on them and it's a really well run bus - unfair to point fingers 

b ) why bring the singing section into it? we self policed our section, there was no issues at the game. drums and flags made it a good occasion

c) if someone does drugs in a toilet, that's their individual choice/risk - no reflection on the club or its supporters 

d ) as I mentioned before , I never witnessed any problems and had a great day out. Going by usernames, some people making claims weren't even there - so to start flinging mud at groups and buses is bang out of order, especially based on second hand information 

25 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Same as ever. What other people say. You'd need to go to games to base it on something you've actually witnessed.

So without any proof , some are trying to hang our supporters out to dry . Not for me . 

Out of interest, does anyone know how many were arrested during this day of supposed carnage? 

1 hour ago, munoz said:

As usual you ignore the majority of the post but, ok, let's play this game.

Are you saying that the posts from people who WERE there are lies?

My "guilty verdict"......................again, are you trying to say that no one can comment on anti social behaviour and are you saying it's acceptable as you are squirming around the issue?

32 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Were you there and what do you think about the  reported the drunken and drug taking fans?

8 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Woah. A few folk jumping to conclusions here

a ) there was no bankhouse bus - never been a problem on them and it's a really well run bus - unfair to point fingers 

b ) why bring the singing section into it? we self policed our section, there was no issues at the game. drums and flags made it a good occasion

c) if someone does drugs in a toilet, that's their individual choice/risk - no reflection on the club or its supporters 

d ) as I mentioned before , I never witnessed any problems and had a great day out. Going by usernames, some people making claims weren't even there - so to start flinging mud at groups and buses is bang out of order, especially based on second hand information 

Point C........................really?

Are you saying that a St Mirren supporter taking drugs is no reflection on the club? :lol:

Again, I'm not aware any "mud" is being thrown at any busses?

Just now, faraway saint said:

Point C........................really?

Are you saying that a St Mirren supporter taking drugs is no reflection on the club? :lol:

Again, I'm not aware any "mud" is being thrown at any busses?

Surely down to the individual what they put into their body. They might have an addiction. All sorts of reasons why they might be doing it. To pin that as a reflection on our club is a bit of a stretch :lol:?

This is a literal storm in a tea cup. Nothing bad even happened. Some people were drunk and someone took (presumably) cocaine in a toilet, not exactly unusual in the west of Scotland, if we're honest... 

Can we get back to talking about football?

14 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Surely down to the individual what they put into their body. They might have an addiction. All sorts of reasons why they might be doing it. To pin that as a reflection on our club is a bit of a stretch :lol:?

This is a literal storm in a tea cup. Nothing bad even happened. Some people were drunk and someone took (presumably) cocaine in a toilet, not exactly unusual in the west of Scotland, if we're honest... 

Can we get back to talking about football?

An astounding answer my friend.

:byebye

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

An astounding answer my friend.

:byebye

Sorry man. It's shocking. The Daily Record should be right on this 

ANGER as St Mirren fans go on drink and drug fuelled rampage through the streets of Stranraer, led by a drunken bam on horseback 

34 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

As usual you ignore the majority of the post but, ok, let's play this game.

Are you saying that the posts from people who WERE there are lies?

My "guilty verdict"......................again, are you trying to say that no one can comment on anti social behaviour and are you saying it's acceptable as you are squirming around the issue?

Were you there and what do you think about the  reported the drunken and drug taking fans?

No. I wasn't there. That's why I don't have an opinion on what I didn't see and leave the name calling to those that did see it in line with their own moral compass. Whilst at the same time gently pointing a finger at other folk who weren't there, blindly taking other folk's word for things.

Also if you are not aware of my views on drunken and drug taking fans then it would appear that you are the one being selective about what you read as it was patently obvious in my earlier post.

But just seeing as its you FS, I'll repeat myself. I have absolutely no issue with people being drunk. What they do when they are drunk is another matter. The absolute bollox on here (I think from you amongst others) about folk "not being able to go to match without having had a drink". What a load of crap. The vast majority of fans have a drink and behave perfectly fine. Yet because of the fatal cocktail of a few eejits who cannae handle their bevvy being in the same train carriage as a few easily offended poor wee souls, our support is suddenly a disgrace. Do me a favour.

And finally I was also very clear that I don't condone taking drugs on a train full of people. 

Hope that clears all that up for you and maybe we could get back to using the Stranraer v St. Mirrren thread to rejoice in a very acceptable first outing of the season.