Stranraer v St. Mirren 15/07/17

9 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

I spoke with 2 evidence gathering cops on train who were apparently part of a joint police/rail task force who said, other than the drug taking, that wasn't obvious apart from people boasting about it, the behaviour, although pretty bad, inconsiderate and socially unacceptable, probably didn't fall into the criminal area. They stated that they would get photos printed off CCTV on train and keep it on their records which seemed proportionate.

Strange it's taken you until now to mention that.Thats the first thing I'd have mentioned if it had it been me telling the story.

1 minute ago, HSS said:

Strange it's taken you until now to mention that.Thats the first thing I'd have mentioned if it had it been me telling the story.

Probably under cover , or more exaggerated story telling .

16 minutes ago, HSS said:

There was at least two plain clothes police on the train , I was told that yesterday because they had identified themselves to a couple of young lads when they had asked them to move , For what reason I don't know but ID was shown.

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

Cheers Balfy.

Now I have been acquainted with the lyrics to this absolutely disgusting song, crammed full of obscenity, I'm with the offended all the way. Here was me thinking it might just be some light hearted, bawdy number to create a bit of a laugh. Instead I'm greeted with this odious, foul mouthed excuse for a song, which could have been penned by Lucifer himself.

I can now see how some west coast of Scotland ladies, who are renowned for their demurity and inability to have a laugh, were probably morbidly offended by this. Potentially scarred for life.

I hereby retract all previous posts in this thread. 

Only brought it up after the no arrests boast made by Munoz. Plenty of young team aware of the two cops. In fact, one of them patrolled train at one point. Big bald guy. Engaged in conversation with few of the supporters. Are you suggesting that I am lying.

56 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Cheers Balfy.

Now I have been acquainted with the lyrics to this absolutely disgusting song, crammed full of obscenity, I'm with the offended all the way. Here was me thinking it might just be some light hearted, bawdy number to create a bit of a laugh. Instead I'm greeted with this odious, foul mouthed excuse for a song, which could have been penned by Lucifer himself.

I can now see how some west coast of Scotland ladies, who are renowned for their demurity and inability to have a laugh, were probably morbidly offended by this. Potentially scarred for life.

I hereby retract all previous posts in this thread. 

Is 'demurity' a word?

55 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

Only brought it up after the no arrests boast made by Munoz. Plenty of young team aware of the two cops. In fact, one of them patrolled train at one point. Big bald guy. Engaged in conversation with few of the supporters. Are you suggesting that I am lying.

Although I'm now bored to tears with this non story , can you just clarify where I boasted "no arrests" . 

16 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Yup. I've already had to slap down FS for incorrectly questioning my vocabulary. Please don't make me do it to you too. :P

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Demurity

All good.

You do realise that this is an elaborate ploy to ensure that spend so much time checking your vocabulary online that you have little time for abusing and otherwise causing distress to train travellers and members of the general public?:whistle

A lot of short memories , If I had a £1 for very time I've seen Saints supporters get over exuberant on public transport or in towns and villages , I'd have my own private jet by now. Had a wee conversation with some on here at the weekend when I read that our last defeat by Stranraer  was in Jan 75 , supporters buses were arrested in Girvan that day , the place was wrecked , no-one was charged though , and some of the folk involved are now fine upstanding members of the community. The only difference between now and '75 is that we have the internet , and all the fannies of the day want their say , when back then , what they didn't know didn't hurt them !

1 hour ago, billyg said:

A lot of short memories , If I had a £1 for very time I've seen Saints supporters get over exuberant on public transport or in towns and villages , I'd have my own private jet by now. Had a wee conversation with some on here at the weekend when I read that our last defeat by Stranraer  was in Jan 75 , supporters buses were arrested in Girvan that day , the place was wrecked , no-one was charged though , and some of the folk involved are now fine upstanding members of the community. The only difference between now and '75 is that we have the internet , and all the fannies of the day want their say , when back then , what they didn't know didn't hurt them !

I missed the Bus that day.

There are more posts  is more talk about the fans and their behaviour than the match in this thread.

This is seldom a good thing.

For the record:

There are no rules which say you have to be drunk or drugged to enjoy a game.

Most of us who attend are, I guess both drink and drug free - particularly with road traffic law as it is now.

In other words those who are drunk or drug taking are, thankfully, in the minority and don't represent the main body of fans.

So

If the words might offend - don't speak them, don't sing them.

Consideration of others is what will mark out the Majority (True) of Saints Fan from the "Hingers On"

And

The law is the law is the law. Whether we like it or not.

So why not just obey it.

Simples!

No?

An old fuddy duddy? Sure - doesn't make me a bad person.

So - if you are going to take a different view - please do - but avoid personal abuse.

Edited by St.Ricky

37 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

There are more posts  is more talk about the fans and their behaviour than the match in this thread.

This is seldom a good thing.

For the record:

There are no rules which say you have to be drunk or drugged to enjoy a game.

Most of us who attend are, I guess both drink and drug free - particularly with road traffic law as it is now.

In other words those who are drunk or drug taking are, thankfully, in the minority and don't represent the main body of fans.

So

If the words might offend - don't speak them, don't sing them.

Consideration of others is what will mark out the True Saints Fan from the "Hingers On"

And

The law is the law is the law. Whether we like it or not.

So why not just obey it.

Simples!

No?

An old fuddy duddy? Sure - doesn't make me a bad person.

So - if you are going to take a different view - please do - but avoid personal abuse.

As soon as someone tries to separate the fans by using the term "True Saints Fans", the game's a bogie. As far as I was aware we were all true saints fans, but it would appear that unless you agree with the terms and conditions of offensiveness as laid down by certain posters on here, then you are not a true Saints fan. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

As soon as someone tries to separate the fans by using the term "True Saints Fans", the game's a bogie. As far as I was aware we were all true saints fans, but it would appear that unless you agree with the terms and conditions of offensiveness as laid down by certain posters on here, then you are not a true Saints fan. 

Agreed, no need to use that term, although don't think that's been used till now................apart from that, he's spot on right enough. :thumbs2