Stranraer v St. Mirren 15/07/17

This thread is a complete joke and somes up the moaners on bawa to a t. This was about st mirrens 4-1 win and its tuned into an argument yet again. They way fans are going on is like its the end of the world. Like fights started, Things getting broke. People getting lifted, you would think that by  the way people are going on. (Bet half moaning didn't even go) nonsense none of that. 
First game of the season and its a long train journey. Moods are high and everyone has maybe had one too many. But lets be honest you would expect that. As i recall it was black and white army that posted oh its going to be a messy one. 
All be it some songs maybe should be kept on the bus and the drum shouldn't get played on the train is it really worth stating them as "neds" and crying about. 
I for one am happy that st mirren have young guys who have fought to get w7 into a singing section and help make the place feel like love street. For years the place has felt like a funeral. 
We are all in this together. Enough of the constant us vs them. Cause want to know whats funny, its not even the young ones starting an argument. 
Mon the saints.

4 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

As soon as someone tries to separate the fans by using the term "True Saints Fans", the game's a bogie. As far as I was aware we were all true saints fans, but it would appear that unless you agree with the terms and conditions of offensiveness as laid down by certain posters on here, then you are not a true Saints fan. 

Spot on my fellow Jersey mucker, as we've both booked flights to attend 3 home games in the first couple of months I wonder if that entitles us to join the elitist "True Saints" gang.

Alas I fear not my friend, given our track record I predict we'll be p!shed as newts and the elitists will be shaking their heads at us disapprovingly. 

Shame on you for leading me astray cos I want to in their gang. B)

Is it " their gang " or " there gang " ? I'm not a grammer king like yersel  like

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Agreed, no need to use that term, although don't think that's been used till now................apart from that, he's spot on right enough. :thumbs2

You're right FS that Ricky was the only one to mention that particular term, but plenty were quick to say that such fans weren't welcome which amounts to the same thing. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

5 minutes ago, Jimmy H said:

Spot on my fellow Jersey mucker, as we've both booked flights to attend 3 home games in the first couple of months I wonder if that entitles us to join the elitist "True Saints" gang.

Alas I fear not my friend, given our track record I predict we'll be p!shed as newts and the elitists will be shaking their heads at us disapprovingly. 

Is it " their gang " or " there gang " ? I'm not a grammer king like yersel  like

Aye but we'll probably draw the line at singing the gang bang song on the plane. 

17 minutes ago, The voice of reason said:

This thread is a complete joke and somes up the moaners on bawa to a t. This was about st mirrens 4-1 win and its tuned into an argument yet again. They way fans are going on is like its the end of the world. Like fights started, Things getting broke. People getting lifted, you would think that by  the way people are going on. (Bet half moaning didn't even go) nonsense none of that. 
First game of the season and its a long train journey. Moods are high and everyone has maybe had one too many. But lets be honest you would expect that. As i recall it was black and white army that posted oh its going to be a messy one. 
All be it some songs maybe should be kept on the bus and the drum shouldn't get played on the train is it really worth stating them as "neds" and crying about. 
I for one am happy that st mirren have young guys who have fought to get w7 into a singing section and help make the place feel like love street. For years the place has felt like a funeral. 
We are all in this together. Enough of the constant us vs them. Cause want to know whats funny, its not even the young ones starting an argument. 
Mon the saints.

Great post mate, 

Thank feck the internet wasn't around in the early 80"s, I remember the football specials from Gilmour St to Cartsdyke back then, they would be totally wrecked on the way back to Paisley, wouldn't be a light bulb left on the train, graffiti everywhere and even a few seats getting lobbed out at high speed, I've even witnessed the emergency cord getting pulled near Bishipton so a few Saints fans could jump off :P

That would be enough to cause a few heart attacks to some knickerwetters on here.

Edited by Jimmy H

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Aye but we'll probably draw the line at singing the gang bang song on the plane. 

Only because we'll be spending the majority of the flight snorting some ................

Oops :ph34r: that was supposed to be a PM 

14 minutes ago, Jimmy H said:

Their

GRAMMAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o:P

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

To be fair he did get it right! 

He got "their" right but there you go, There are many who think they're always right but when they're spelling grammar, "grammer", they're wrong. So there. Their way isn't the right way.

Edited by stlucifer

5 hours ago, The voice of reason said:

Mon the saints.

Well said. One thing's for sure, it wasn't our contingent of grumpy old men that lifted the team and the fans last season. The young fans getting organised has been the best thing to happen to this club in years.

Well said. One thing's for sure, it wasn't our contingent of grumpy old men that lifted the team and the fans last season. The young fans getting organised has been the best thing to happen to this club in years.

I think the way the team responded under Jack last season, ALL the supporters played a part... Including the "grumpy old men".

Gonnae stop with the them and us!

Nowt to do with age.

All to do with responsibility.

We all have a part to play.

12 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

As soon as someone tries to separate the fans by using the term "True Saints Fans", the game's a bogie. As far as I was aware we were all true saints fans, but it would appear that unless you agree with the terms and conditions of offensiveness as laid down by certain posters on here, then you are not a true Saints fan. 

Like the drivel below you mean?

6 hours ago, ScotstounSaint said:

Oh dear, not only condoning the actions of some drunken arseholes, seeing them as the saviour of the team. :1eye

Guys. I love the noise and passion that the young folks bring to the ground. I think this is great and do agree that this is important to the team and to other fans, including me. My point is that it is possible to create the noise and passion at the ground without the need to be inconsiderate to fellow travellers, being drunk or being drugged and that the majority of Saints Fans who attend games are neither drunk nor drugged.

Keep  the noise levels up at the grounds guys....we all need you there. Perhaps cool things a bit outside or on public transport?  

Just saying.

16 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Bloody hell, is this thread still going on?

Turning in to a f**king Daily Mail comment board this place!

Yours,

Outraged from Newton Mearns

^^^^^^^^ Keeping the thread going. :lol:

Away and get your copy of The Sun/Daily Record/Daily Star. :1eye

Still keeping the thread going below....................couldnae make it up. :lol

Edited by faraway saint

All for vocal support, wherever it may be. Not a fan of getting abusive of the general public, ticket inspectors etc. Wasn't on the train so not sure what took place, but as a general point I think it's fairly simple to know what is and isn't acceptable. I'm sure those involved will know whether they overstepped the mark, and be keen to ensure they don't give others the chance to criticise again.