The SFA / SPFL and the fall out from the Craig Whyte trial

As a member club of the SFA and SPFL it would be good if we would quietly and behind the scenes raise some issues over the continued criminality on the board of the international Rangers. As far as I am aware they have been awarded another UEFA licence by the SFA without having enough years of full audited accounts available and without meeting the financial fair play regulations... not that I think Hearts were all that keen to take their place given their run under Cathro and Tynecastle being a building site at the minute. Rangers will be getting money from competing in Europe plus TV deals and sponsorship next season which should be going to another Scottish club, just as in the past they got titles, trophies, prizemoney etc while using illegal EBTs with a teams full of incorrectly registered players.

During the Whyte fraud trial we learned that the SFA gave Rangers a licence to play in the Champions League whilst knowing they had an unpaid tax debt outstanding and seemed happy to grant the licence on the understanding that Rangers had no money to pay the tax debt until they got access to next season's spoils for competing in Europe.

Yesterday STV ran a story about some of the legal discussions at the start of the trial which were not allowed to be reported on until after the trial concluded, including the news that Dave King (already a convicted criminal for tax evasion) had paid around £20k for information hacked from Craig Whyte's computer with a view to using the material to potentially bribe Craig White: https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1390627-rangers-chairman-dave-king-bought-hacked-whyte-emails/

Alistair Johnstone who had been chairman of the now deceased club was also disclosed to have signed off illegal contracts to Rangers board members and staff and has now joined the board of the new club: https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1390717-ex-rangers-chairman-bypassed-law-with-martin-bain-deal/

Given what was said about Rangers and Murray's other companies trading for a few years while "technically insolvent" during the trial it does seem very odd that Stewart Regan appears to have no problems with members of the old board who traded while insolvent and left tax debts behind them (Dave King, Paul Murray, Alistair Johnstone) still being viewed as "fit and proper" people to be directors / chairman of a football club when at least two of them are also sid to be involved in paying for information from a hacked computer... and when Regan is interview for his response to Craig Whyte being found not guilty his response is that the SFA will look into recovering the £200k fine handed out to Whyte (now bankrupt) and stressing Whyte will never be allowed to be involved in a Scottish football club in future.

It is time for member clubs and their chairmen to finally bring Regan and Doncaster to account for the governing authorities unwillingness to see Rangers play by the rules everyone else plays by - all clubs lost out from reduced TV money and sponsorship due to the old club dying and having to start again.

I'd love to see Gordon Scott raise this and set events in motion behind the scenes and then get back to the more important matters at St Mirren FC next season.

Is anyone else fed up with this over glorified . out of date, pathetically run bloated, bigoted drivel.....of a football club.... Bigots can vote Tory now they don't have to follow follow

Now will be a Spanish 11 , all crossing themselves before and after the pitch

Personally- I think Asda needs more parking.................. so torch it..............

29 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

Yup, but can't help but smirk at all the negativity surrounding SEVCO at the moment. No idea where they're getting the cash to bring in players though. No doubt that'll come out in due course.

No doubt it will be loans and the spivs will continue to cash in till the new cow is dead like the previous one.

Feck me! I nearly spilt my drink there. (And that's something from a Paisley lad)!

Regan: Whyte 'not a fit and proper person'

Who involved with that club or it's reincarnation are? And don't get me started on Regan and co.

It's good to see the Powers that be are on the case.:blink: