Ross County Thread

shull

11 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

I thought he was pretty average to be honest and we have seen better players since in his position. Seems a very decent lad though, wish him well

Met him once at a Fan Council golf day. Was very nice to chat to. Seemed like a nice bloke. Got talking about the NFL, and he was telling me he was a fan, and many of the team were. I think he said he followed the Washington Redskins.

We've moved on from Kelly & Naismith though, best wishes to both players, unless we're playing them!

31 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

I thought he was pretty average to be honest and we have seen better players since in his position. Seems a very decent lad though, wish him well

I always thought he was uncomfortable as left back but a more than decent central defender

My real point is we should have got money for him instead letting him go for nothing

1 hour ago, kevo_smfc said:

Eckersley I'll grant you. He's an experienced player at his peak. Kelly was a young player learning his trade. 

We shouldn't have released him. I think he would have flourished with JR as boss. Like others have said we are sorted for defence now but I think the transition would have been easier had Sean still been on the books.

I'm sure he isn't bothered as now playing at a higher level - same as Jason.

Good luck to the two of them!

23 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

I always thought he was uncomfortable as left back but a more than decent central defender

My real point is we should have got money for him instead letting him go for nothing

Agree on Left-back. He was better from a left-midfielder role as he had more ability taking a player on rather than defending one. 

22 hours ago, insaintee said:

Eckersley I'll grant you. He's an experienced player at his peak. Kelly was a young player learning his trade. 

I think with the amount of games under his belt and moving into his early 20s, he possibly never developed as quickly as other players we have had in a similar position.

• shull changed the title to Ross County Thread