DIDDY CUP....2017/18

HSS

I grew to love it and had a decent day out at Fir Prk.

Dinnae need or want Colt Teams though.

WHEN THE SAINTS GO UP TO LIFT THE BRITISH ISLES CHALLENGE CUP, I'LL BE THERE.

Should have a couple of English Teams in also.

I was hopeful that, due to sparse crowds and the cost of travel, along with the fact that the colts were sh!te, it might have returned to its roots giving SCOTTISH lower league teams a chance of silverware. I totally agree with Poz on this. An absolutely devalued competition which didn't have a lot of value to begin with. The lower division teams should boycott this NON event.

Edited by stlucifer
to re evaluate the competition

4 hours ago, scrappy coco said:

Hmmm, I know a worse one..... it's called the Superbowl..:lol:

The day the NFL invite shite teams from El Salvador and Venezuela to take part, and head honcho Roger Goodell trumpets this as being a trailblazing example of cross-border competition integration, will be a somewhat chilly day in hell.

Edited by pozbaird

All the "shite tournament"..."waste of time" comments will change to "looking for 4 seats on a bus" If we draw one of the Orish/Welsh teams away.

Final was a great day out.:)

Edited by HSS

5 hours ago, HSS said:

All the "shite tournament"..."waste of time" comments will change to "looking for 4 seats on a bus" If we draw one of the Orish/Welsh teams away.

Final was a great day out.:)

I do hope not. Last season we evaded any colts and only drew a team outwith our country at home in the semi final. I cannot believe this competition has been enhanced by having these additions. There were enough teams already in the competition who attracted two men and a dug. I suspect the TV rights are the only things holding it together. Even then, if the "foreign" teams don't make an impact, that will dry up.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Anybody know why ICT and Falkirk have managed to escape this f-arse of a competition?

They have escaped the opening round due to last seasons league positions and will join in for Round 2.

3 minutes ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

Should make it free entry for all. Anyone who wants to go can get in for nothing.

Both teams will have to agree pricing, it is doubtful that EK would agree to something that will leave them out of pocket.

This fecking cup again!

I'm sure that if we had lost to Albion Rovers in the first round last year (as we almost did) we'd have finished with a lot more points in the league.

Play the kids and if we lose, good, if we don't keep playing them for first team experience throughout the competition.