DIDDY CUP....2017/18

HSS

1 hour ago, shull said:

This was always on the cards as the SPFL seek any way they can to appease the Ugly Sisters in their quest to hoover up all money available in the Scottish game. The only way you have a remote chance iof stopping it is to 'Reject' the competition.

Unfortunately that would mean a combination of supporters not attending the matches, and all clubs with a colt side fielding the U20's, or youth/fringe players. I don't think there would be much appetite amongst our support to stand up to these ridiculous decisions? But maybe better organised/radical supports will challenge this?

The Bells Ramsdens Petrofac Irn Bru B&Q Colts Overage Interchangeable Colts and Welsh / Norn Iron Diddies Challenge Diddy Cup is a farce?

Why didn't someone tell me this years ago? I never realised it was a joke until now. :P

I'm not saying I'm proud to say I've never even attended the finals we reached, much less attend an earlier round match, but come on, surely now folk can see this for what it is, and frankly has always been. A complete and utter pile of stinking rancid pish. This competition, IMHO, should now be shunned by fans and allowed to die in a pool of its own vomit. The wankers running our game have now also managed to turn the League Cup into effectively a pre-season warm-up grind, now this? What next? Top flight teams invited to field an over 40s 'legends' side in the Scottish Cup proper? I wouldn't put it past the cnuts.

Edited by pozbaird

I'm not sure how this Colts thing works, as I haven't been remotely interested in them.
My question being (not specifically directed at you Shull) are they allowed to play overage players as a norm, or has this just been brought in for this tournament?
If it's either then it kinda takes the point away of being called Colts, why don't they just change the name to reserves?
I wasn't in favor of them playing in the tournament in the first place, but even less now.
This is a diddy cup for diddy teams, let's keep it that way.

Kind of shows were the SFA/SPFL are all about

They are running our game into the ground...

Its about Quality not Quantity----------- Something they have never got

I will support the team whatever but the bigger picture is appalling 

Edited by DougJamie

A list of the crowds..........

1,655 - Dundee Utd v Cowdenbeath
1,462 - Dunfermline v Arbroath
1,357 - St Mirren v East Kilbride
1,036 - Morton v Livingston
1,012 - QotS v Airdrie
971 - Raith v Brora
453 - Buckie v Brechin
413 - Stirling Albion v Montrose
387 - Hibs "B" v Elgin
333 - East Fife v Peterhead
319 - Clyde v Stranraer
278 - Annan v Celtic "B"
200 - Formartine v Hearts "B"
190 - Partick "B" v Stirling Uni
169 - Stenhousemuir v Cove
155 - Aberdeen "B" v St Johnstone "B"
155 - Albion Rovers v Spartans
153 - Hamilton "B" v Edinburgh City

? - Kilmarnock "B" v Berwick
? - Ross County "B" v Forfar

8 minutes ago, HSS said:

A good round up of last nights games including crowds........

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/08/16/irn-bru-cup-first-round-tuesday-round-up/

Indeed, very good. 

Unfortunately, the Scottish Sun gave Celtic Colts a full match report in a middle column. 

Then crammed around another 17 matches into a wee end column. 

The draw will be made at the Falkirk Wheel at 1.00pm this Thursday, August 17, and will be streamed live on the SPFL Facebook page....

The 24 first-round winners will be joined by Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Falkirk, along with Linfield and Crusaders from Northern Ireland; Welsh clubs The New Saints and Connah’s Quay Nomads; and Sligo Wanderers and Bray Wanderers from the Republic of Ireland.

The draw is unseeded but the six non-Scottish clubs will be kept apart – one team from each country will be drawn at home and one away. In the case of Northern Ireland, Linfield will be allocated an away tie due to the unavailability of Windsor Park and Crusaders will be allocated a home tie.

Second-round ties are due to be played on the weekend of September 2/3.

51 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The draw will be made at the Falkirk Wheel at 1.00pm this Thursday, August 17, and will be streamed live on the SPFL Facebook page....

The 24 first-round winners will be joined by Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Falkirk, along with Linfield and Crusaders from Northern Ireland; Welsh clubs The New Saints and Connah’s Quay Nomads; and Sligo Wanderers and Bray Wanderers from the Republic of Ireland.

The draw is unseeded but the six non-Scottish clubs will be kept apart – one team from each country will be drawn at home and one away. In the case of Northern Ireland, Linfield will be allocated an away tie due to the unavailability of Windsor Park and Crusaders will be allocated a home tie.

Second-round ties are due to be played on the weekend of September 2/3.

Thank you Bob Crampsey. 

Is there anything you dinnae know regarding sport ?  :byebye