DIDDY CUP....2017/18

HSS

Just now, ged62 said:

Good to see most agreeing, this competition is a total farce. Think we should just play our under 20's too, I'd rather our club concentrate on more important things TBH

I would love our Club to 100% concentrate on every competitive match whether it is League or Cups. 

Shiny Trophy to be won to add to our magnificent history. 

Utterly excitit 

So will SPS, he is an utter " TRUE FAN TUMSHIE "

6 minutes ago, ged62 said:

Good to see most agreeing, this competition is a total farce. Think we should just play our under 20's too, I'd rather our club concentrate on more important things TBH

MOST AGREEING 

Remember the MASSES ARE ASSES  :)

12 minutes ago, shull said:

Not a farce. 

St Mirren are playing in a competitive match 

Looking forward to winning this and utterly excited to win the Final. 

Wouldn't go that far. 

This is probably the least competitive fixture I've ever seen us play in and the match hasn't even started yet.

Edited by RossCSmfc

30 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

Wouldn't go that far. 

This is probably the least competitive fixture I've ever seen us play in and the match hasn't even started yet.

Celtic v St Mirren was less competitive last season. 

Colts Teams are not the problem. 

Regan and Doncaster ain't the problem. 

Sevco and Celtic are the problem 

Get rid of them and Scottish Football will be great. 

Sevco and Celtic Colts have been knocked out. 

Fabulous , now let's carry on and have a great Tournament without the Cnuts. 

Hopefully in the future when the Bigot Cnuts are gone and we are in the Premiership then we will be able to support our Colts Team in the Challenge Cup. 

FECK SEVCO AND CELTIC. 

They are the Cnuts ruining our Beautiful Game. 

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Surely, after reading the hysteria on here,  we didn't have any support at last seasons final..............................

Wasn't the game against that Welsh lot seen as the catalyst to our season by many?

What was the attendance at last seasons final and did we take any support?

Amazingly, most of the " TRUE FAN TUMSHIES " are snubbing their Club and this competitive Tournament 

Following like sheep. 

Disappointed to lose the Final last year but enjoyed the day. 

Desperate to win it this Season. 

And Sevco and Celtic are out. 

So what's the fecking problem ? 

On 09/08/2017 at 10:49 AM, pozbaird said:

The Bells Ramsdens Petrofac Irn Bru B&Q Colts Overage Interchangeable Colts and Welsh / Norn Iron Diddies Challenge Diddy Cup is a farce?

Why didn't someone tell me this years ago? I never realised it was a joke until now. :P

I'm not saying I'm proud to say I've never even attended the finals we reached, much less attend an earlier round match, but come on, surely now folk can see this for what it is, and frankly has always been. A complete and utter pile of stinking rancid pish. This competition, IMHO, should now be shunned by fans and allowed to die in a pool of its own vomit. The wankers running our game have now also managed to turn the League Cup into effectively a pre-season warm-up grind, now this? What next? Top flight teams invited to field an over 40s 'legends' side in the Scottish Cup proper? I wouldn't put it past the cnuts.

Agree with almost all of this bar two things.

I think the competition in its original format was fine. A wee cup comp for all league teams in Scotland bar the premier league. A bit like the JPT in England only arguably more "prestigious" as it included the Scottish second tier. The fact that the fans have never really bought into it (perhaps apart from the latter stages) isn't really the fault of the competition itself.

I do agree though that the current format is utterly ridiculous. Particularly the colt teams more than the Welsh or Irish teams. 

However the second point I disagree with you on is that like it or not (not probably in most fans opinions) we are in the competition and I fail to see what good can come from deliberately throwing a game. Your logic would suggest that you'd have preferred we lost to EK. I think that would have constituted the most embarrassing result in our entire history, regardless of the stakes.

So in short I agree with your opinion of the competition but not with your support (or lack) of our participation in it.

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Agree with almost all of this bar two things.

I think the competition in its original format was fine. A wee cup comp for all league teams in Scotland bar the premier league. A bit like the JPT in England only arguably more "prestigious" as it included the Scottish second tier. The fact that the fans have never really bought into it (perhaps apart from the latter stages) isn't really the fault of the competition itself.

I do agree though that the current format is utterly ridiculous. Particularly the colt teams more than the Welsh or Irish teams. 

However the second point I disagree with you on is that like it or not (not probably in most fans opinions) we are in the competition and I fail to see what good can come from deliberately throwing a game. Your logic would suggest that you'd have preferred we lost to EK. I think that would have constituted the most embarrassing result in our entire history, regardless of the stakes.

So in short I agree with your opinion of the competition but not with your support (or lack) of our participation in it.

I'm not suggesting St Mirren should deliberately throw a match, any match. I'm not suggesting any St Mirren manager should tell his players to throw a match. I'm merely saying, should St Mirren lose in the Challenge Cup - I personally would not give a flying fcuk.

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I'm not suggesting St Mirren should deliberately throw a match, any match. I'm not suggesting any St Mirren manager should tell his players to throw a match. I'm merely saying, should St Mirren lose in the Challenge Cup - I personally would not give a flying fcuk.

Even if it had meant that pretty much our first team had lost to a non league side?

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Even if it had meant that pretty much our first team had lost to a non league side?

If we had lost to EK, I would have shook my head, mumbled FFS St Mirren! to myself, and received a couple of wind-up texts from Sellik supporting mates. I would have replied to those texts in good spirit - then I'd have put the kettle on and maybe had a Kit Kat chunky. End of.

If we'd lost to EK in the Scottish Cup, I'd have been somewhat more miffed.

Surely the idiots at the top of our game MUST have a rethink as their pet teams never got close to winning it. Both ass cheeks dumped out in their first outing. The whole concept was geared to proving the old firm/new firm in THE rangers case,  were able to somehow create second teams which would have big followings. (A fantasy IMHO). What was proven was that they don't have the depth to challenge in the lower leagues with their so called "colt" teams.

They need to heed. They need to revoke the invites extended to the Welsh and Irish teams. They need to revert this competition back to what it was intended for. To give the lower league teams in Scotland the chance to get a great day out and a cup win.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

If we had lost to EK, I would have shook my head, mumbled FFS St Mirren! to myself, and received a couple of wind-up texts from Sellik supporting mates. I would have replied to those texts in good spirit - then I'd have put the kettle on and maybe had a Kit Kat chunky. End of.

If we'd lost to EK in the Scottish Cup, I'd have been somewhat more miffed.

What!!! You mean you'd have gone without your Kit Kat chunky!!!

7 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Surely the idiots at the top of our game MUST have a rethink as their pet teams never got close to winning it. Both ass cheeks dumped out in their first outing. The whole concept was geared to proving the old firm/new firm in THE rangers case,  were able to somehow create second teams which would have big followings. (A fantasy IMHO). What was proven was that they don't have the depth to challenge in the lower leagues with their so called "colt" teams.

They need to heed. They need to revoke the invites extended to the Welsh and Irish teams. They need to revert this competition back to what it was intended for. To give the lower league teams in Scotland the chance to get a great day out and a cup win.

Hear, hear.

Chance to stick two fingers up to the 'Colt/Irish/Welsh' teams participation by just not going to the game?

and if you think you are depriving the club of money then pay for a mate or nipper to get into a home league game instead. An ideal opportunity to show what a stupid idea it is to diminish the diddy-pop cup.l

#coltsbolt

Edited by Lord Pityme

35 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

His tantrums are more glorious than mine. 

And he actually posts utterly more shite than me. 

A very poor Forum dude. 

25 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

We had a decent day out last season. Would have been magic if we had won. You miss a lot of great relevant posts because of your petty ignore Button. 

Remove Sevco and Celtic and Scottish Football will be great, even with Colts Team 

Will somebody's quote this for the children please ?