DIDDY CUP....2017/18

HSS

On 8/17/2017 at 1:52 PM, oaksoft said:

Well we COULD deliberately try and lose this game.

Maybe a better alternative would be to ruthlessly beat this colt team 15-0 and send a message that the credibility of the cup is being undermined by their inclusion.

Yeah... Wish the team had given some thought to all those Buds who'd put a bet on a wider magin than 2 goals... thank feck the wife stopped me remortgaging!!!

The next round is the weekend of the Slovakia / Slovenia double header at the beginning of October.

There's a fair chance we'll get a bit of a trip even if we draw a Scottish side: Inverness, Stranraer, Elgin, Peterhead and Cove Rangers are all in the hat.

Edited by Julian Banjos

I see that knocked-out Brechin played a friendly against a Junior side yesterday to keep them ticking over.

I suppose avoiding having to do that is something the competition has got going for it. In these 2 international weekends we would probably have had a bounce game or an extra training session. Yesterday was a semi-competitive game instead. The next round will be a more competitive game on a Saturday which we'd be kicking our heels on otherwise.

I see that knocked-out Brechin played a friendly against a Junior side yesterday to keep them ticking over.
I suppose avoiding having to do that is something the competition has got going for it. In these 2 international weekends we would probably have had a bounce game or an extra training session. Yesterday was a semi-competitive game instead. The next round will be a more competitive game on a Saturday which we'd be kicking our heels on otherwise.

Off the Ball had a Saints fan whinging that our game wasn't included on the season ticket.

How a mid tournament game could have been included I'm not quite sure.

3 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Off the Ball had a Saints fan whinging that our game wasn't included on the season ticket.

How a mid tournament game could have been included I'm not quite sure.

I would have complained if it WAS included. It would have given me a moral dilemma. Should I use the ST or stand by my belief that we needed to put this stupid format to the sword by non attending. Nah. No contest.

Now I hope the sponsors realise that they are associating themselves with a joke of a competition, being tarred with its brush, and demand a rethink or they walk away. It's obvious the powers that be are dogmatic in their attempt to shoe in the so called OF colts into the lower league and are using this competition to open the door. Thankfully all its proved is that either they aren't good enough or aren't interested.

If anyone knows of a petition doing the rounds to try to change things I'll gladly put my moniker to it.

Edited by stlucifer
To corect unyousually bad spelin

I wonder how many of the "outraged from Paisley/other places" were at last seasons final and will be at this seasons if we get there?

Again, last season semi final was seen as a real stepping stone for the rest of our outstanding finish to the season.

It's everybody's choice, juts wish they would stop whinging about it, again and again.........................and again.

12 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I'll be raging if we draw ICT away. I'm in Inverness on the Friday night then driving up to Wick in the Saturday for the Academy v Brora game. Will be very annoying to think that Saints are playing so close and I'm not there. 

Raging eh? You could simply change your plans couldn't you?.