St Mirren Scoreboard

9 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Did anyone else at game today notice the Scoreboard said VAR Review just before the final whistle blew...almost shat myself😄

I noticed it (the screen, not you almost shitting it).

It almost looked as if he blew the final whistle then would have had to restart. Ludicrous.

I also agree that Mandron’s goal should have stood.  Naismith and Kettlebellend starting a ‘they cannae take it’ conga line.

Edited by Hunterian

1 hour ago, northstbuddie said:

Fine - if we aim to perform the way we have done for the past few years - but the truth is the stadium will not be big enough if we continue as we are currently performing.

And I made this point several years ago.

This stadium capacity is only suitable for an under-achieving team.

Sadly, a lot of fans have been conditioned into thinking we are a small town team (in the largest town in Scotland) and that struggling against relegation each season is 'our fit'.

You're using where we are to try to suggest that way back then when we were, and throughout our history, a small team, a YO-YO TEAM, and building a bigger stadium (I notice you've not said what size you think our stadium should have been) would have seen us like Perth with a capacity of over 10,500 with an average of just over 4,500.

IF we maintain this for the next few years then all the talk of filling in corners could be considered. 

13 hours ago, FTOF said:

Definitely smaller.

Resolution looks better though.

At least it's working which is a great improvement!

Turning to another aspect of the screen. It shows the time elapsing for the game. Would it be impossible to add in the extra time at the end of each half since as we get told from the touchline, we can then see it up on the screen also?

Yesterday we theoretically had 6 minutes added at the end of the 2nd half and it ran for nearly 8 minutes with no real reason......

3 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

Fine - if we aim to perform the way we have done for the past few years - but the truth is the stadium will not be big enough if we continue as we are currently performing.

And I made this point several years ago.

This stadium capacity is only suitable for an under-achieving team.

Sadly, a lot of fans have been conditioned into thinking we are a small town team (in the largest town in Scotland) and that struggling against relegation each season is 'our fit'.

Those people know that our proximity to the two @rsecheeks means we'll always be at a disadvantage. I think it will take a lot to get us to the stage where our stadium doesn't fit our numbers. The best that will happen in the near future is that we limit the number of away fans and, perhaps, fill in the corners. 

41 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Those people know that our proximity to the two @rsecheeks means we'll always be at a disadvantage. I think it will take a lot to get us to the stage where our stadium doesn't fit our numbers. The best that will happen in the near future is that we limit the number of away fans and, perhaps, fill in the corners. 

Give Rangers a few more years and they will go bust again and after burning the seats we can have their stands...unless THE THE RANGERS FC starts in the lowland league

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2023 at 11:57 AM, The Original 59er said:

At least it's working which is a great improvement!

Turning to another aspect of the screen. It shows the time elapsing for the game. Would it be impossible to add in the extra time at the end of each half since as we get told from the touchline, we can then see it up on the screen 

That is not allowed.

On 10/5/2023 at 12:02 PM, Eric Arthur Blair said:

That is not allowed.

Can't see what the main issue would be in allowing it..................

We get told on the touchline that there is at least 5 minutes of extra time and then we basiocally watch the next 5 minutes and expect a full time whistle to be blown, other than when further periods are added for delay during that 5 minutes. 

Is it to allow referees to add what they want? If you think about it the person announcing it's 5 minutes is the 4th official and he is a better judge of the period to be added as opposed to the referee. Unless of course the ref is running two watches which he stops every time he considers a delay on the pitch, but I'm sure that's not happening.

So why then can't we see the time elapsing on a screen then everyone sees the extra period being played out?

Is it to allow referees to add what they want? If you think about it the person announcing it's 5 minutes is the 4th official and he is a better judge of the period to be added as opposed to the referee. Unless of course the ref is running two watches which he stops every time he considers a delay on the pitch, but I'm sure that's not happening.

It's the referee that informs the 4th official how long he intends to play, possibly even asking if they are all in agreement. You are correct about the 2 watches. Most use a stop watch but also record the actual time incase of mishaps with the stop watch function.

So why then can't we see the time elapsing on a screen then everyone sees the extra period being played out?

So that folk have something to moan about. [emoji6]

Remember it's only an indication of how long to go. There's plenty of times/incidents that have resulted in additional time.

Do you propose we have the 4th official displaying added on time to the added on time then possibly the added on time to the added on added on time. [emoji1787]

1 hour ago, The Original 59er said:

Can't see what the main issue would be in allowing it..................

We get told on the touchline that there is at least 5 minutes of extra time and then we basiocally watch the next 5 minutes and expect a full time whistle to be blown, other than when further periods are added for delay during that 5 minutes. 

Basically, Yes. It's up to the referee to decide how much time is added. The fourth official signals the MINIMUM amount of time to be added.

• 4 months later...
On 10/4/2023 at 9:13 PM, elvis said:

So I take it the 2 digital advertising  boards that they said are going up outside main stand not happening  now as would have thought they would have been done at same time surely. Anyone know any different.

IMG_3912.jpeg