Gem Of An Indian Restaurant

Was up in Glasgow visiting a mate who wanted to take me to what he called the best Indian in Scotland, Being a fan of Mother India had to try this place out.

Is it the best Indian in Scotland ? All I can say  have not tried every indian in Scotland  ,Obsession Of India ,high Street  Glasgow is a cracker really tasty stuff which I we return to. Had a look on Trip-adviser where Obsession is getting great reviews. Indian in Rothesay is a shocker so it was great having one of the best indians ever tried. yumm yummy.

Thought curry lovers might want to know about this place. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

7 hours ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Tsk, there's me thinking the Koh I Noor was the gem

The Koh-I-Noor was one of my favourites when lived in the old country. Good to hear it's still going strong. I can recommend The Bangla in Main Street, Bangor if you ever visit Co. Down. Won some big national awards at ceremonies in London.

folk rave about the curry houses in Brick Lane, London where I've tried a few. None of them come close to those in the West of Scotland.

Hard pushed to beat Koh I Noor but Balbirs on the M77 near Symington/Dundonald pushes it for me. Great food in both. 

folk rave about the curry houses in Brick Lane, London where I've tried a few. None of them come close to those in the West of Scotland.

I'd agree. I like to try curries where ever I go and there aren't many (if any) as good as a Glasgow curry, in my opinion.

Other than Charcoals that i mentioned above the Village (Kinning park) and the Anarkali (victoria road) are my other favourites in Glasgow.

Other notable mentions go to Indian Gallery, The Shish Mahal, and Ahkbars.

I'm getting hungry with all this chaat.

Starter - Bombay prawn poori, poppadoms & spicy onions.

Main - Tandoori mix, curry sauce, salad, fried rice.

Side - Peshwari naan.

Dessert - Gulab jamun & ice cream.

Afters - Filter coffee and a mint.

That's my favourite Indian... I'm Hank Marvin now!

Edited by pozbaird

Indian Scene on the Glasgow Road is brilliant for sit in, nowhere near as good for a takeaway for some reason. 

Favourite Glasgow curry houses are Shish Mahal for traditional stuff. 

Koolba for more modern type stuff. 

Both excellent quality. 

Someone recommended Green whatever its called near Braehead in Renfrew. Once was enough, saltiest pakora I've ever had in my life. Main meal was ok except the served me lamb instead of chicken. Easy mistake.......

Edited by davidg

9 hours ago, davidg said:

Indian Scene on the Glasgow Road is brilliant for sit in, nowhere near as good for a takeaway for some reason. 

To be fair, I think you'd struggle to find an Indian takeaway that is up to the standards of a sit in meal.

We use both options and do find that the takeaway is still high quality, but not quite as good as sit in.

That isn't home delivery though, as I always order and pick up.

On a few occasions I've ordered takeaway from other restaurants and the quality has been very ordinary at best. The Mirage springs to mind.

Tried Mother India up in Finnieston a couple of times and found it extremely bland in comparison to ISC.

Have heard Balbir's in Church Street is supposed to be quite good.

I always try to find an Indian restaurant when on holiday, as there's such a thing as too much local food, except for Italian.

We had a great Indian meal in Budapest last year.

I've earmarked a couple of options in Valencia, when tapas indifference sets in, next month.

Edited by FTOF

37 minutes ago, FTOF said:

To be fair, I think you'd struggle to find an Indian takeaway that is up to the standards of a sit in meal.

We use both options and do find that the takeaway is still high quality, but not quite as good as sit in.

On a few occasions I've ordered takeaway from other restaurants and the quality has been very ordinary at best. The Mirage springs to mind.

Tried Mother India up in Finnieston a couple of times and found it extremely bland in comparison to ISC.

I always try to find an Indian restaurant when on holiday, as there's such a thing as too much local food, except for Italian.

I've earmarked a couple of options in Valencia, when tapas indifference sets in, next month.

A Spanish Indian restaurant... hope it's called Senor Singh's. 

11 hours ago, FTOF said:

Red hot on Rowan Street is every bit as good as Indian Scene. 

If I was getting a takeaway I'd go there before Indian Scene every time. 

Balbir's is ok, nothing special. Same goes for mother India. 

Shish Mahal is miles better than both.

Heading to Charcoals now for the first time, looking forward to it. 

Edited by davidg