Gem Of An Indian Restaurant

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 6:18 AM, Hambud said:

I'd agree. I like to try curries where ever I go and there aren't many (if any) as good as a Glasgow curry, in my opinion.

Curry houses in London are more savoury Asian dishes as they've been dumbed down for the local palate. Got so used to them that when I have a curry in Scotland, they nearly blow my head off

2 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

Curry houses in London are more savoury Asian dishes as they've been dumbed down for the local palate. Got so used to them that when I have a curry in Scotland, they nearly blow my head off

I went to one in Pimlico when I was down in London last year.

I ended up having to swap my curry with my wife's as her Rogan josh was too hot for her. it was the hottest Rogan Josh I've ever tasted. It was pretty good too.

It was called The Indian diner.

After reading comments on here went to Indian Scene (the auld Shenaz) this evening and it was excellent.

more spacious than I recall, good service fine food.

i quite enjoyed a Lamb sag, but really loved the succulent -with just the right amount of singeing - chicken tikka that my cousin had,. Plenty of it, too.  The (our local village special) chillied chicken that her man had, also looked brilliant.  He ate the lot so I never got a taste of that.

awfy nice night oot. :)

On 2017-6-16 at 6:22 PM, pozbaird said:

Starter - Bombay prawn poori, poppadoms & spicy onions.

Main - Tandoori mix, curry sauce, salad, fried rice.

Side - Peshwari naan.

Dessert - Gulab jamun & ice cream.

Afters - Filter coffee and a mint.

That's my favourite Indian... I'm  Hank Marvin a fat bastard now!

You must had a cast iron gut
McEwan lager worst drink known to man

I know I know but I was like a fish out of water when I was first unleashed into Carnegies. I was a raw, innocent rookie when I started drinking and I always remember my first pint being a Mcewans. I bloody detested the stuff but peer group pressure and simply not wanting to be ostracised from the crowd, I kept drinking it. Raja's soggy pakora was the highlight of my evening as more often or not, I would leave birdless, depressed and it least it took the taste away of the shitey lager. Ah memories.

I can very highly recommend The Torranyard on the Irvine/Barrhead Road. It is remote but people travel for miles to eat there. The surroundings are not terribly salubrious but the food is fantastic. And maybe an exception to the rule but the takeaways are as good as the food served at the table. I usually get carry-out. My normal meal is veg pakora and veg Rogan Josh with Peshwari Nan (the best Nan I have ever tasted anywhere). No rice. They also throw in a couple of large popadoms and spicy onions at no extra cost. The portions are such that the above would last me two meals easily.

I'm hungry now :(

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

I can very highly recommend The Torranyard on the Irvine/Barrhead Road. It is remote but people travel for miles to eat there. The surroundings are not terribly salubrious but the food is fantastic. And maybe an exception to the rule but the takeaways are as good as the food served at the table. I usually get carry-out. My normal meal is veg pakora and veg Rogan Josh with Peshwari Nan (the best Nan I have ever tasted anywhere). No rice. They also throw in a couple of large popadoms and spicy onions at no extra cost. The portions are such that the above would last me two meals easily.

I'm hungry now :(

Healthy man. I'm not pure vegetarian however three times a week I make veg curry & brown rice. A tomato veggie pasta. A grilled aubergine salad. The rest of the week is fish. Once every two weeks a fillet beef steak so don't eat much red meat due to antibiotics pumped into cattle. A dietary thread would be a good one not to lose weight though never a bad thing but to eat healthy. You are what you eat. 

28 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Healthy man. I'm not pure vegetarian however three times a week I make veg curry & brown rice. A tomato veggie pasta. A grilled aubergine salad. The rest of the week is fish. Once every two weeks a fillet beef steak so don't eat much red meat due to antibiotics pumped into cattle. A dietary thread would be a good one not to lose weight though never a bad thing but to eat healthy. YYou are what you eat. 

You must eat a lot of dumpling. :lol:

35 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Healthy man. I'm not pure vegetarian however three times a week I make veg curry & brown rice. A tomato veggie pasta. A grilled aubergine salad. The rest of the week is fish. Once every two weeks a fillet beef steak so don't eat much red meat due to antibiotics pumped into cattle. A dietary thread would be a good one not to lose weight though never a bad thing but to eat healthy. You are what you eat. 

Do not think there are too many supporters (well, my friends at least) interested in their diet to be honest IOBS when they eat hot dogs on a Saturday.

Here is a wee description of a hot dog manufacturing process ...

'In vast metal vats, tons of pork trimmings are mixed with the pink slurry formed when chicken carcasses are squeezed through metal grates and blasted with water.

The mush is mixed with powdered preservatives, flavourings, red colouring and drenched in water before being squeezed into plastic tubes to be cooked and packaged.

It is a disgusting process, for the hot dog is arguably the ultimate in processed, industrial food.'

As an aside I have complained at several grounds about no veggie options being available. Twice I asked for a manager, who smiled and nodded and do nothing about it. At least Carr's provide two veggie options. And black coffee which I could not get at either at Motherwell and Tynecastle if I remember correctly - you had to have powdered milk in your plastic cup! And do not dare ask for Earl Grey!

After this presentation, why not visit The Raj Indian restaurant - located around tbe corner from this cinema!.... cue scratchy and crackled visuals of a bloke in a turban banging a tambourine while an elephant wearing a head-dress walks behind him...

Fcuk me... now I'm in the mood for a Kia Ora orange and a bag of Crusader nuts.

:D

Edited by pozbaird

I'm hungry now [emoji20]

Hugh Grant visits this Asian eaterie anytime he is up playing golf in Scotland. I also enjoy their tasty offerings.

I was in the Multan Tandoori for the first time on Saturday night. Had heard some good things. The meal was fantastic, one of the best curries I have ever eaten. Unfortunately the service was absolutely bloody awful. My daughter and her partner were all for walking out but I couldn't be bothered searching about for a table somewhere else. I would possibly go back on a quiet midweek night because the food was so good. Just a pity about what was probably the slowest service I have ever experienced.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a ruby to go at Indian Scene this evening.

Food was decent enough but would have been better if what I had asked for had been in the bag when I got home. No great shakes though, I got tore into it and it was pretty decent. Etiquette down south is to have a pint whilst you're waiting, got looked at as if I had 2 heads when I asked.

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 5:57 PM, FTOF said:

Try Indian Scene Cuisine in Glasgow Road the next time you're up.

Tried a few Indian restaurants in Glasgow, and not one has come close to ISC in terms of taste, service and value for money.

aye, ISC is the best

get a take away from there every week

now that i know that u go there i might reconsider...:P