Le Tour 2017 - who'll be mellow in yellow?

Bud the Baker

16 minutes ago, antrin said:

On the tv earlier to it Cav was talking about previous painfully damaged shoulders and suggesting this one was the worst...

he wasn't wrong.  Broken scapula.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/40499580

he's oot.... :(

Yeh not good . .

I used to like Peter Sagan and now he just looks like a c**t . I think the jury have made the right decision . .Sagan may struggle to come back from this . .

Is that you trying to defend Sagan? The reason it came out was to batter Cavendish into the barrier and force him out of the stage.

In the immediate aftermath, either Millar or Boardman were defending the elbow as worse than it looked and NOT intentional... With benefit of replays and hindsight... Though a critical bit of elbow replay was masked by trees.
Wee Cav's nicely politic response to the news of Sagan's removal from the Tour was that it was the Board/Committee's decision - which I thought was great from someone who was hurting both physically and mentally.

Per the views from overhead along with the view in front of the bunch , I find Sagan's position hard to defend . The only way he could possibly defend that would be if there was going to be ea collision between Cav and Sagan but from above it looks like Sagan targets Cav . .blatant and brutal 

Edited by saintnextlifetime
Edited by Tom for grammar

Guest TPAFKATS
Is that you trying to defend Sagan? The reason it came out was to batter Cavendish into the barrier and force him out of the stage.

Yes, it looks like that could be the reason however sagan also looked to be following the French jersey and unaware that cav was coming from behind. The elbow could have been construed as going out to defensively as often happens in the sprints, esp when a rider next to you is off balance.
None of my comments were in defence of Sagan.

Guest TPAFKATS

Seems Bora (sagan's team) sought an urgent hearing with Court of Arbitration for Sport. They unsurprisingly (?) sided with the Tour's decision.

Just finished my 4 night shifts where I only caught a few glimpses of the action.

Cav/Sagan - Unexpectedly harsh decision to disqualify Sagan as sprint finishes have always had a touch of the barroom brawls but maybe it's about time the organizers did something like this. Opens up the race for green with Kittel looking to be the sharpest of the sprinters atm before we hit the mountains.

Froome/Aru - With another ITT to come where Froome will likely gain another minute over his rivals the only rider I can see challenging him is Aru who has just had his lower turbinates fixed.

As for today's stage the peloton are currently holding the 4 man breakaway at about 212 minutes.

As an aside it's finally been confirmed that Glasgow boy Robert Millar is no longer a boy..............

On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 1:30 PM, Bud the Baker said:

Just finished my 4 night shifts where I only caught a few glimpses of the action.

Cav/Sagan - Unexpectedly harsh decision to disqualify Sagan as sprint finishes have always had a touch of the barroom brawls but maybe it's about time the organizers did something like this. Opens up the race for green with Kittel looking to be the sharpest of the sprinters atm before we hit the mountains.

Froome/Aru - With another ITT to come where Froome will likely gain another minute over his rivals the only rider I can see challenging him is Aru who has just had his lower turbinates fixed.

As for today's stage the peloton are currently holding the 4 man breakaway at about 212 minutes.

As an aside it's finally been confirmed that Glasgow boy Robert Millar is no longer a boy..............

Agree re Sagan, never happened in the days of Abdou, had they interpreted that way back then he would have been kicked out just about every race.

Good stage today altho' I briefly thought it was gonna be a tearjerker when young Cameltoe had a touch of cramp with about 3km to go but fortunately he cycled through the pain to win the stage :clapping and despite Dan Martin having a wee go at about 2km Sky pulled it back for Froome by the finish line so there was no change in the GC standings.

Looks like a toughie tomorrow before the rest day!

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Agree re Sagan, never happened in the days of Abdou, had they interpreted that way back then he would have been kicked out just about every race.

if you mean the tashkent Tiger , he did get flung off the Tour and quite rightly so. .

As for today , I thought wee Lilian put in a herioc effort to overcome the cramp on that nasty wee climb and still manage to stay away from Gesink and win the stage , well done that man. .

13 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

if you mean the tashkent Tiger , he did get flung off the Tour and quite rightly so. .

As for today , I thought wee Lilian put in a herioc effort to overcome the cramp on that nasty wee climb and still manage to stay away from Gesink and win the stage , well done that man. .

Did he ? I remember him getting done for doping but don't recall him being disqualified for any physical contact despite numerous infamous conflicts. Not saying he wasn't I just don't recall it.