Lewis Morgan

As Lewis can sign a pre contract agreement in January and move on for nothing, I would imagine we will be looking to get a deal done within the next month? 

Given how his profile has risen I would hope we can get a decent fee and have him loaned back until the end of the season.

The way things are looking now, I think the best we can hope for is a half decent transfer fee (will never truly be enough for his talent) and for Lewis to be loaned back for the remainder of the season.

Will be gutted to see him go but it’s going to happen, just need to appreciate his talent whilst he’s still here & hopefully can stay on until the end of the season to fire us back into the premiership.

See 5 journalists have been asked to pick a best XI in Scottish football with the condition that only one player is allowed from any club. 

Young Lewis made it in to 4 of the 5 XIs. Not kidding myself that any of these journalists have actually watched him regularly or are picking him for any other reason than Brendan Rodgers said he's good but it's still another decent wee bit of publicity for the lad. 

Interestingly, the only other championship player who made anyone's XI was the young full back Gallagher from Falkirk (one XI out of five) who Lewis absolutely destroyed in the first game and hasn't recovered since according to Falkirk fans. 

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Rumour has it that a deal has been struck. Will sign for a club down sarf in January and loaned back to us for the rest of the season.

If true, that's pretty much the best case scenario assuming the money is reasonable. We were talking about this, yesterday, and the above was my favoured outcome on the basis that he will be gone by June regardless.

30 minutes ago, Drew said:

If true, that's pretty much the best case scenario assuming the money is reasonable. We were talking about this, yesterday, and the above was my favoured outcome on the basis that he will be gone by June regardless.

Agreed. Assuming we will receive more money than we would at end of season and we get to keep him. Also takes pressure off Lewis to an extent.

1 hour ago, aldo_j said:

Rumour has it that a deal has been struck. Will sign for a club down sarf in January and loaned back to us for the rest of the season.

If the club down south had any real sense they would sign Lewis and leave him at saints for one more season

his development has come on leaps and bounds and also 2 under 21 MOM awards under JR

they would also see how he fares against premiership teams week in week out  

Wonder if it's Nottingham Forest.

Barrie McKay seems to be doing very well down there.

I presume he and Morgan were in the blue bigot youth set up at similar times, so there might be some sort of smoothing out of the deal due to McKay's presence.

12 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

Hes not as good as Lewis but i'd like to see Jai Quitongo in as his replacement , Imagine the pace of him, Gavin and Cammy scaring the hell out of defences.

Quitongo is very talented but is injury prone and flatters to deceive a lot of the time. 

He's another whose stock is quite high and will have larger clubs than us looking at him. I don't think we'd have any chance of signing him. 

Morgan was quiet in Saturday until the last half hour but showed enough in that time to prove once again that he's a phenomenal talent. If he goes, then Forest is a very good move. 

15 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

Hes not as good as Lewis but i'd like to see Jai Quitongo in as his replacement , Imagine the pace of him, Gavin and Cammy scaring the hell out of defences.

There's hardly that much to imagine, Lewis is considerably faster and better than Quitongo!

Tierney has signed a SIX YEAR DEAL with Celtic. 

Which means he will go for a fortune if sold in the next few Seasons. 

Now, there is absolutely no good reason why Morgan couldn't sign a one or two year extension for us. 

He is so good, he will still get his major move. 

I will be fuming if he fecks off this Season for very little money coming our way. 

Oh Shull, you really need to live in the real world and not view everything through black and white glasses.  The green bigots are the only club north of the border that can afford the type of cash needed to convince a player (and his agent) to sign a six year deal.  How much would you have offered Morgan to sign a two year extension and where would the oney come from?

Tierney has signed a SIX YEAR DEAL with Celtic. 
Which means he will go for a fortune if sold in the next few Seasons. 
Now, there is absolutely no good reason why Morgan couldn't sign a one or two year extension for us. 
He is so good, he will still get his major move. 
I will be fuming if he fecks off this Season for very little money coming our way. 

There is one very good reason . He didn’t want to

In Nottingham Post today that indeed Lewis was watched by Forest Director of Football against Morton and initial offer of £400k will be submitted in January. Lewis for me is the most exciting Scottish winger I have seen in years and will have a great future in the game no doubt whatsoever.I wish the boy well and when he leaves us I hope it is with a League Winners medal.No doubt Jack will be forward planning and a replacement will be lined up for sure.

The best we can hope for is a January sale with a loan back to the end of the season.

To be fair to Lewis - why should he sign an extension when a career ending injury might be round the corner for any player. Take the (relative) big money when you can.

If we offer Lewis an insurance policy to cover future loss of earnings in the above circumstances (obviously you'd have to decide on likely future earnings possibilities) then I'd be delighted he stayed.

Thanks Lewis and good luck for the future!

If we got an offer of £400K in January with a loan back to the end of the season then that would be fairly astonishing given Forest could leave him where he is and get him to sign a PCA allowing him to join in the Summer for the development fee alone.

Haven't seen exact figures on the development fee that would be due but can't imagine it will be much more than £150K.

I naively hope Lewis does us a favour and signs a 1 year extension to his contract on the understanding that if we get a certain amount  bid for him in the summer that he can go.

In the real world however that ain't gonna happen.