Lewis Morgan

Would be a shame to see him sitting rotting on the bench at Parkhead, but then McAllister and Mallan seem happy enough in the reserves for English Second Divison teams.
McAllister was bought to go into Derbys academy. But Mallan I think he will be disappointed especially when you see how badly Barnsley have been. But I agree would gutted to see a player like Lewis ruined be Septic.

19 hours ago, bud84 said:

Some apparently 'ITK' Celtic fan on twitter claiming they've agreed deals for 2 players in January worth 4m quid. 1 of which will involve a loan back for the rest of the season. 

John Mcginn and Lewis Morgan being the names suggested by just about everyone.  ( He gave a clue, both surnames begin with M) 

If true, this would be some bit of business for St mirren with McGinns sell on clause. 

4m does seem a bit much right enough.

If McGinn does go to Celtic the big danger to our chunk of the transfer fee will be if there's some sort of swap involved (i.e. Liam Henderson going to Hibs). 

This would give Hibs the opportunity to agree to inflate the value of the incoming player in order to reduce what we would then be due for McGinn. 

Similar to what we did with Clyde when we signed O'Donnell / Malone and twisted the figures so that one of them cost £2k and the other £28k. If I remember correctly! 

If McGinn does go to Celtic the big danger to our chunk of the transfer fee will be if there's some sort of swap involved (i.e. Liam Henderson going to Hibs). 
This would give Hibs the opportunity to agree to inflate the value of the incoming player in order to reduce what we would then be due for McGinn. 
Similar to what we did with Clyde when we signed O'Donnell / Malone and twisted the figures so that one of them cost £2k and the other £28k. If I remember correctly! 

That’s not the same though.

We done that to help Clyde out (supposedly) but it was because we were signing two players from one team

It would only work if Celtic are signing two Hibs player

If they inflate Henderson’s ‘value’ then it’s less cash going into Hibs bank....

If they bring in £3.5m but tel us it was only £2m then surely that’s fraud?

27 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

We done that to help Clyde out (supposedly) but it was because we were signing two players from one team

If they inflate Henderson’s ‘value’ then it’s less cash going into Hibs bank....

Of course!  Silly me!! 

1 hour ago, foxbar_bud said:

Celtic to buy John McGinn for £50k and Stokes for £4m. Guaranteed. 

22 hours ago, Kemp said:

Would be a shame to see him sitting rotting on the bench at Parkhead, but then McAllister and Mallan seem happy enough in the reserves for English Second Divison teams.

McAllister has been injured since he arrived. Only played a couple of pre-season games. Been unlucky not to push on and make a name for himself down there. Mallan on the other hand, I have no idea where there is the impression that Mallan is happy with his situation. He will be disappointed that he hasn't made the breakthrough yet.

ET tonight ...

JACK Ross, the St Mirren manager, believes Lewis Morgan can handle the constant speculation over his future, writes Darren Johnstone

The Scotland Under-21 internationalist has been given permission by the club to hold talks with potential suitors after moving into the final six months of his deal, with Celtic and Nottingham Forest among the interested parties.

Ross, however, is more concerned with the attention the talented 21-year-old is attracting from opposition players.

Morgan hobbled off in Tuesday’s 2-1 win at Brechin City but Ross is confident the youngster will be available to face Dunfermline tomorrow.

Ross said: “He’ll be alright, he just gets kicked a lot. Referees seem to allow five or six tackles before they decide that they’re hard enough.

“I think he should be given more protection as he hasn’t been given enough but he’s going to get bumps and bruises because he’s that type of player.

“I must admit I have been a bit troubled by some incidents.

“There have been a few things that have been let go in recent weeks but Lewis’s response has been good.

“He just tells his teammates to give him the ball again. He’s happy to take it and that’s an improvement in his mindset."

Morgan was the subject of a failed £200,000 offer from English Championship side Burton Albion during the summer and Ross insists the player is able to shrug off the attention.

Ross said: "Lewis has strengthened his mindset in a number of ways.

"He has coped very well with the attention."

11 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:
On 14 December 2017 at 4:56 PM, Kemp said:

McAllister was bought to go into Derbys academy. But Mallan I think he will be disappointed especially when you see how badly Barnsley have been. But I agree would gutted to see a player like Lewis ruined be Septic.

Mallan is not happy playing in the under 23s . Might be a chance to get him on loan in January . .