Lewis Morgan

8 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Mallan is not happy playing in the under 23s . Might be a chance to get him on loan in January . .

If Mallan gets a regular place on the bench, and gets some first team action, then there are two chances of him wanting to go out on loan.

He seems pretty determined to try and fight his way into the first XI in his interview in the PDE today.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

If Mallan gets a regular place on the bench, and gets some first team action, then there are two chances of him wanting to go out on loan.

He seems pretty determined to try and fight his way into the first XI in his interview in the PDE today.

Leave him, he's one of them tin foil hat punters. :lol:

14 hours ago, FTOF said:

Well he isn't exactly going to say otherwise in an interview is he?!

14 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

According to Gordon Scott, Lewis has been sold for more than the sum offered by Burton Albion in the summer.

200K?  Absolute buttons as usual.

Anyone who thinks Celtic are going to pay 3.5m for John McGinn needs their head checked.  All of this from some twitter rumour.  If they are interested in him the fee would be 1.5 max.

Lewis is leaving. We all know that. I believe we all wish him well. In an ideal scenario we would take in loads of money and have him loaned back to the end of the season. How much is loads of money? Only what a buyer is prepared to pay, particularly if we want him loaned back for the rest of the season. This one I am happy to leave to the board, manager and player. 

If I had any input then perhaps Celtic next as this keeps a good talent in the game up here. Also would be happy if we could get Liam Henderson on loan for the rest of the season. The latter is unlikely however

I have no idea what Celtic would be willing to pay Hibs for John McGinn. A really good player already. One who has gained senior caps. A good fit. Whatever he goes for we get a good whack of the fee. Liam Henderson did well when he was at Hibs and he could be part of that deal. 

17 minutes ago, Kemp said:

200K?  Absolute buttons as usual.

Anyone who thinks Celtic are going to pay 3.5m for John McGinn needs their head checked.  All of this from some twitter rumour.  If they are interested in him the fee would be 1.5 max.

And I'm pretty sure Hibs would kick a bid like that into touch . Did they not already knock back far more than that in the summer from Notts Forest ?

45 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Well he isn't exactly going to say otherwise in an interview is he?!

Why not?

I've read plenty of interviews where players have expressed their desire to be elsewhere to get first team football.

Why should Mallan be any different?

Edited by FTOF

He's been there half a season, he isn't going to say anything other than the "I am here to fight for my place" speech.

Anyway, its a shame they have bought him only to keep him in the reserves.  If they want him to bulk up then that's fine - he can do all the gym work needed while playing on loan elsewhere.

ET tonight ...

JACK Ross, the St Mirren manager, believes Lewis Morgan can handle the constant speculation over his future, writes Darren Johnstone
The Scotland Under-21 internationalist has been given permission by the club to hold talks with potential suitors after moving into the final six months of his deal, with Celtic and Nottingham Forest among the interested parties.
Ross, however, is more concerned with the attention the talented 21-year-old is attracting from opposition players.
Morgan hobbled off in Tuesday’s 2-1 win at Brechin City but Ross is confident the youngster will be available to face Dunfermline tomorrow.
Ross said: “He’ll be alright, he just gets kicked a lot. Referees seem to allow five or six tackles before they decide that they’re hard enough.
“I think he should be given more protection as he hasn’t been given enough but he’s going to get bumps and bruises because he’s that type of player.
“I must admit I have been a bit troubled by some incidents.
“There have been a few things that have been let go in recent weeks but Lewis’s response has been good.
“He just tells his teammates to give him the ball again. He’s happy to take it and that’s an improvement in his mindset."
Morgan was the subject of a failed £200,000 offer from English Championship side Burton Albion during the summer and Ross insists the player is able to shrug off the attention.
Ross said: "Lewis has strengthened his mindset in a number of ways.
"He has coped very well with the attention."

We played Brechin on Tuesday?

On 15/12/2017 at 8:05 PM, FTOF said:

On 16/12/2017 at 10:55 AM, FTOF said:

Why not?

I've read plenty of interviews where players have expressed their desire to be elsewhere to get first team football.

Why should Mallan be any different?

:huh: