Aberdeen Managerial Vacancy

Aberdeen should go for Alex Neil or Tommy Wright. If they go for Tommy Wright, St Johnstone should go for Alex Neil. If St Johnstone don't get Alex Neil then they should turn their attention to anyone else who isn't called Jack Ross that will desperately be needing a new gig. Teresa May gets my vote.. frankly, the only way the Tory cow would get it.

20 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Aberdeen should go for Alex Neil or Tommy Wright. If they go for Tommy Wright, St Johnstone should go for Alex Neil. If St Johnstone don't get Alex Neil then they should turn their attention to anyone else who isn't called Jack Ross that will desperately be needing a new gig. Teresa May gets my vote.. frankly, the only way the Tory cow would get it.

The point of the posting is .. anybody but Jack Ross

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Tommy Wright or Alex Neil are the obvious candidates.

The real worry is Tommy Wright as we'd then be right in St. Johnstone's line of sight...

Absolutely no danger of Jack leaving us for St.Johnstone, he knocked back Dundee so he isn't going to go there mate.

If Aberdeen come in for him though then he will be away, no doubt about it.

His new deal has been on the table a wee while and it's still not signed so the Aberdeen job coming up is a real worry.

2 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Oh here we go again FFS

GTPS

i'm surprised Jack Ross hasn't been linked to the soon to be vacancy at 10 Downing Street. He's getting linked to every other f**king vacancy that arises.

Buy shares in pampers

I think Aberdeen will be looking for someone with more of a track record. Ross has yet to manage in the top level, and while he gets a lot of credit for getting us out of the doodoo he has to take some responsibility for getting us in there. 

If Aberdeen want him then he'll be there but there are candidates like Collins, Lambert, Adams, Davis etc that would all be ahead of him in the queue  as well as Neil and Wright. 

I don't see Alex Neil ending up at St Johnstone when he has said he would like to manage again in England. Aberdeen or Hearts or the two best supported teams in Glasgow might tempt him at some point as well. Tommy Wright would be a good choice for Aberdeen if McInnes goes... St Johnstone have tended to go for managers outwith the SPL not sure if they would go for Peter Houston or Jack Ross and don't think Ross has enough experience yet to tempt the Dons.

Tommy Wright seems like the most likely candidate should McInnes move on.
Alex Neil won't be anywhere near Scottish football for some time.
I would say Alex Neil would be a far better appointment at Sunderland than McInnnes as he knows the league and how to get promoted from it. He learned a great deal last season and mistakes that he won't make again at his next Championship club, as he will get another championship managers job sometime very soon.
Regardless of this, Jack Ross, won't be getting the Aberdeen gig anytime soon. He has so much more to learn about management before landing a job at the 2nd best team in Scotland.

Aberdeen will aiming for someone with a bit more experience than Ross has at this moment.

6 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

Tommy Wright seems like the most likely candidate should McInnes move on.
Alex Neil won't be anywhere near Scottish football for some time.
I would say Alex Neil would be a far better appointment at Sunderland than McInnnes as he knows the league and how to get promoted from it. He learned a great deal last season and mistakes that he won't make again at his next Championship club, as he will get another championship managers job sometime very soon.
Regardless of this, Jack Ross, won't be getting the Aberdeen gig anytime soon. He has so much more to learn about management before landing a job at the 2nd best team in Scotland.

Aberdeen will aiming for someone with a bit more experience than Ross has at this moment.

Agree. Imagine anyone thinking a young St Mirren manager we don't want to lose could end up in Aberdeen and try to take some of our best players with him. Pffft... I've heard it all now. Erm...

:ph34r:

Edited by pozbaird