Aberdeen Managerial Vacancy

22 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Agree. Imagine anyone thinking a young St Mirren manager we don't want to lose could end up in Aberdeen and try to take some of our best players with him. Pffft... I've heard it all now. Erm...

:ph34r:

The difference there was that that young manager had proven himself. JR is still a work in progress which, let's be realistic, could fall flat.

1 hour ago, renfrew said:

Assuming Ross has signed his new contract when he returned from holiday so no chance of him going anywhere soon.

He can still go very easily, maybe in a few days.

Him signing a new contract means we get more compensation.

Jack will go if he wants.

23 minutes ago, HSS said:

Loose change to Sunderland who have just "won" 90 odd million for being relegated.

And sold a goalkeeper for around £30m.

Carlisle manager Keith Curle is also being heavily touted for Aberdeen job. Reckon there's going to be a lot of names in the frame for it to be honest.

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Tommy Wright or Alex Neil are the obvious candidates.

The real worry is Tommy Wright as we'd then be right in St. Johnstone's line of sight...

Dundee are a bigger club than St.Johnstone.

If we are going to lose Jack because McInnes goes to Sunderland, it will be because Jack's followed Fergies footsteps!

1 hour ago, HSS said:

Loose change to Sunderland who have just "won" 90 odd million for being relegated.

Yes but they are over 110 million in debt.  If they don't get back up this coming season they will be in serious trouble.  That's why Monk turned the job down.  If mcinnes takes it and has a poor start he will be out the door by January and won't manage in England again. 

Two managers I just don't get who don't get better jobs

Wright- What does this guy need to do to even be in the frame for a higher job. Remarkable every season. Even La Hispanic Sevco where there will be at least 9 chapels saddening their eyes needed  to take a look

Duffy- What a job he did last year with the tightest Chairman on the planet, voted Championship manager of the year.............

Alex Neil will crash at Aberdeen , what did he do, got Norwich promoted with arguably the best squad, then gets relegated, then goes to mid table Championship?

11 hours ago, Iamhammer said:

Yes but they are over 110 million in debt.  If they don't get back up this coming season they will be in serious trouble.  That's why Monk turned the job down.  If mcinnes takes it and has a poor start he will be out the door by January and won't manage in England again. 

Sunderland need f**king euthanising, tbh. Horrendous club. Feel bad for the fans, who still show up in staggering numbers given how cack they have been for so many years, but the club itself is rotten.

I live a shade under two miles from the training ground, mind, so I'll keep an eye out for Kenny :P

He hasn't. Not yet anyway!

Fair due but reguardless what happen at other clubs, I am 100% convince he will be our manager for the whole of the season. Most or if not all the players he has signed, are here because of him and because of that he won't be leaving anytime soon .

10 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Fair due but reguardless what happen at other clubs, I am 100% convince he will be our manager for the whole of the season. Most or if not all the players he has signed, are here because of him and because of that he won't be leaving anytime soon .

Unless Aberdeen at least double his Salary. 

Haven't read all the comments, so apologies if this has been covered. I think Dundee wanting Jack made sense, he stepped up a league and saved us from relegation with a squad that needed to be totally overhauled. Dundee are facing a season long relegation battle and need their entire squad overhauled, so they saw our Jack as the man for the job. Aberdeen's ambitions are very different. They have a European campaign to think about, trying to win the race for 2nd in the top league and a well established squad that will only need 1 or 2 key signings. Wright is the outstanding candidate for that role in my opinion, he's who I would want if I was an Aberdeen fan.

As for Ross going to Perth if Wright leaves, It's sort of the same situation. Managers stepping up a league tend to go to the lower level clubs with a view to improving them, rather than the established top half clubs, so St Johnstone going after him seems unlikely . Apart from anything else, what's in it for Jack? What could he really do at St Johnstone that Wright hasn't? He could maintain their place as the 4th club, or they could deteriorate, the only real options for St Johnstone are sideways and down. They're unlikely to ever catch Aberdeen or Rangers, and they'll have have the likes of Hearts and Hibs breathing down their necks.

I bet Jack Ross would appear on any bookies list they think are in the running for the Aberdeen job. Might be way down the list mind you. I don't think he'll be interviewed, never mind get it. The timing just doesn't seem right anyway. If McInnes was still there next season, and then Sunderland came calling this time next year, Jack might have been a realistic target had he either got us promoted, or had a run to the playoffs and had us playing good football.

I don't see it. Hopefully Jack's career path mirrors Alex Neil's. Gets a big gig down South. If he gets St Mirren promoted, why, for example, would the likes of Dundee or St Johnstone be such a lure away from us? What targets and expectations would that sort of club have that we wouldn't? Top 6 and a wee cup run, not getting raped by the Old Firm - that's about the size of it for just about everyone.

6 minutes ago, Saint Garf said:

Haven't read all the comments, so apologies if this has been covered. I think Dundee wanting Jack made sense, he stepped up a league and saved us from relegation with a squad that needed to be totally overhauled. Dundee are facing a season long relegation battle and need their entire squad overhauled, so they saw our Jack as the man for the job. Aberdeen's ambitions are very different. They have a European campaign to think about, trying to win the race for 2nd in the top league and a well established squad that will only need 1 or 2 key signings. Wright is the outstanding candidate for that role in my opinion, he's who I would want if I was an Aberdeen fan.

As for Ross going to Perth if Wright leaves, It's sort of the same situation. Managers stepping up a league tend to go to the lower level clubs with a view to improving them, rather than the established top half clubs, so St Johnstone going after him seems unlikely . Apart from anything else, what's in it for Jack? What could he really do at St Johnstone that Wright hasn't? He could maintain their place as the 4th club, or they could deteriorate, the only real options for St Johnstone are sideways and down. They're unlikely to ever catch Aberdeen or Rangers, and they'll have have the likes of Hearts and Hibs breathing down their necks.

This is pretty much spot on , or Aberdeen could just appoint Neil then that's an end to the story.

6 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

Wouldnt surprise me when Aberdeen sell Hayes, that they show an interest in Morgan as a potential replacement

Ryan Christie and Mackay-Steven would be ahead of Lewis Morgan to replace Hayes at Aberdeen. Lewis needs at least another season with us to develop before moving on to a bigger club.